What's Your Definition of a Successful 2017 Bills Season

Virgil

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your essentially referring to every fan everywhere.

There will always be fans that will B word and moan no matter what. The bitching and moaning here, at this point in time, is more then warranted. The football team has been laughable. A disgrace. They deserve every bit of criticism they receive.

large.png
See what I mean? We've been a .500 team the last three years and we're a "disgrace." And when we make a wild card and lose, we'll still be a disgrace to some. Edited by PromoTheRobot

To me a 'successful' season is one in which you made 'improvements' from the prior season, in the chase for the ultimate objective, which is both winning the division, and or making the playoffs - So IMO winning 8-10 games will be a 'success' even if we do not make the post season

However if our Bills only win 3-7 games there's no way anybody can call the season a 'success' unless you use context and a ton of personal opinion to make excuses as to why our Bills didn't improve our W-L record from the previous season, however the 'success' is only fleeting if you cannot use the building of having improved one's record, from say 7-9 to 9-7, to gain more continued success by eventually winning even more games and making the playoffs

No offense, but going 3-13 can never in way be called a 'success', neither can 6-10, unless of course you only won 2-3 games the previous season, there is the optic of 'success' in moving in the right direction, complete 'success' can not be achieved with out at least winning a min 9 games and thus ensuring a better than .500 season

I still view our 2014 season of 9 wins as have been a 'successful' season despite not making the playoffs because we improved our win total by 3 games that year, yet it is still the only season in the last decade I could deem that

jc