Hernandez victims families suing the Patriots

He was found not guilty and is apparently not guilty of all the crimes according to mass law. So I'd say no Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, his convictions were vacated, meaning he maintains his innocence by a priori legal assumption. That is not even remotely the same thing as "found not guilty."

No, his convictions were vacated, meaning he maintains his innocence by a priori legal assumption. That is not even remotely the same thing as "found not guilty."

I think that is an important distinction because his estate probably has a fairly strong claim to the guaranteed portion of his money. If his estate were to win and then file chapter 11 would the victim's families be SOL? This feels like they are almost putting a lein on that guaranteed portion in the event that it is owed.

Pretty interesting legal stuff happening here. He was found guilty but only vacated because of his suicide. It will take years upon years to sort this one out but I could see them getting some compensation.

whatever happens i think Brady should be suspended and Belichick fined and the Patriots lose a draft pick!

Sounds good to me!

I think that is an important distinction because his estate probably has a fairly strong claim to the guaranteed portion of his money. If his estate were to win and then file chapter 11 would the victim's families be SOL? This feels like they are almost putting a lein on that guaranteed portion in the event that it is owed.

I think this is a realistic view of the situation. But how can the estate file bankruptcy just to protect against the civil suit? Are there other factors/claims? This should be interesting to follow. I'm sure they have thought of all the angles..... The suit is not really because the Pats have done anything wrong, but that they may be the holders of the assets.

Where are our resident lawyers? I promise not to tell any lawyer jokes!

whatever happens i think Brady should be suspended and Belichick fined and the Patriots lose a draft pick!

I thought that was so obvious it went without stating, but I guess one can't be too safe.

I think this is a realistic view of the situation. But how can the estate file bankruptcy just to protect against the civil suit? Are there other factors/claims? This should be interesting to follow. I'm sure they have thought of all the angles..... The suit is not really because the Pats have done anything wrong, but that they may be the holders of the assets.

Where are our resident lawyers? I promise not to tell any lawyer jokes!

I don't know. I'm banking on the victims racing to get their cut. He killed so many people that you probably want to be first in line to collect. It's tough though because I think that his conviction being vacated may make it tough to have those guys get paid. Edited by Kirby Jackson