ESPN 30 for 30 on Mike and the MadDog

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ted Turner had the idea about a 24 hour news network and was panned viciously in some cases...

In the same ilk, 30 years ago, who thought Sports Talk radio, basically a call in show built around barroom and water cooler talk would take off.....and these two were the pioneers.

What was their beef?

If I had to guess, it's that Mike felt he was "better than that" and wanted a big network gig, while Russo always struck me as a "just happy to be here talking about sports" kind of guy.

Ted Turner had the idea about a 24 hour news network and was panned viciously in some cases...

In the same ilk, 30 years ago, who thought Sports Talk radio, basically a call in show built around barroom and water cooler talk would take off.....and these two were the pioneers.

Ted Turner would die if he saw the dung pile that CNN has turned into today. They're now one small step away from being "mad as hell and not going to take this anymore"!

I watched it. Have a friend who's got the sneak peak and sent it to me a few weeks ago.

Good watch.

Does Francesca fall asleep with his head on the mic then blame the interviewer and throw his sick kid under the bus? Giant POS.

If you think the John Murphy show is bad, then, you'll want to die listening to that.

At least Francesca doesn't get paid by any of the franchises he talks about. He shows an obvious negative bias towards the Mets and Jets, but he will criticize the Yankees and Giants when necessary.