Adolphus Washington arrest -concealed weapon Part II

Was their a history of this when he was drafted?

You interview players to find out how ignorant/stupid they are? But I guess we all know, physical talent Trumps any of that in the NFL front offices, except for maybe the Patriots' FO.

Edited by T-Bomb

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You interview players to find out how ignorant/stupid they are? But I guess we all know, physical talent Trumps any of that in the NFL, except for maybe the Patriots.

Yeah, the Patriots* haven't had any players who've found themselves in legal trouble.

You interview players to find out how ignorant/stupid they are? But I guess we all know, physical talent Trumps any of that in the NFL, except for maybe the Patriots.

From what I remembered at the time they felt really good abut Washington in that area.

My concern about him was his run stop was not that great in College.....but he had legit pass rushing skills.

I really hope this is not an issue.

You interview players to find out how ignorant/stupid they are? But I guess we all know, physical talent Trumps any of that in the NFL front offices, except for maybe the Patriots' FO.

A Murderer and 1 or 2 dope dealers who plea bargained with the feds to avoid serious jail time.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Not sure how accurate my search was, but I only found a handful of firearms-related suspensions in league history. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_suspensions_in_the_National_Football_League (search for "firearm")

Most say "alleged possession," so seems that a conviction isn't necessary.

Duration of suspensions range from 2 games - 8 games (Tank Johnson).

What I found most worrisome is that Plaxico Burress was suspended 4 games for shooting himself in the leg. He had that gun legally and did something stupid with it - like Washington.

I'm guessing 1-2 games.

Thanks Gug. Could be that Tank was a repeat offender. I'm guessing the added games for Burris were for 'just because..' :doh:

Thanks Gug. Could be that Tank was a repeat offender. I'm guessing the added games for Burris were for 'just because..' :doh:

Burris actually broke a couple laws, so - as Johnny pointed out by making me look like a total dumbass - there's really no comparison between the two situations (Plax and Washington).

Chandler - the title of this thread says he didn't have a permit. Not sure where that came from but it's not accurate, just wanted to let you know so it could be corrected.

Thanks Yolo. I was trying to mimic and restart the thread GoBillsinDallas started. Corrected.

The purpose of a handgun is homicide. -Period.

if you carry, carry knowing that you may kill someone with it. OR, that someone may kill you for having it.

It's portable death, and it goes both ways.

Dude has a conceal/carry permit, correct? He just failed to inform the officers that he was in possession of his LEGAL firearm. I agree. Nothing to see here other than poor judgment on Adolphus' part. He isn't going to be convicted of anything.

yeah I wonder if he'd be dead had he informed them that he's got a legal firearm.

Idiot. Hey, is Tom on vacation or something?

nope he's down in the PPP

The purpose of a handgun is homicide. -Period.

if you carry, carry knowing that you may kill someone with it. OR, that someone may kill you for having it.

It's portable death, and it goes both ways.

keep it to the topic at hand. the the arrest and not the detail you went to.

We don't need another thread locked.

Your comments s/b in the guns or no guns thread in the PPP

You'll get a very warm welcome if you re-post what you had there.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Dude has a conceal/carry permit, correct? He just failed to inform the officers that he was in possession of his LEGAL firearm. I agree. Nothing to see here other than poor judgment on Adolphus' part. He isn')t going to be convicted of anything.

agree and this was my point the first topic, that said Chandler excelent choice to do a do over. Was getting bad. But I digress. If he was not asked by the officer or stopped by the officer he wasnt required to inform them he possesed a weapon. That said, the law says printed above the line you signed to get a permit in every state you must conceal yet you must inform if detained or questioned.

what kind of waterpark was this where he felt the need to be packing heat? there's nothing gangster about floating around in the lazy river

Sesame Place has long been a place where members of NY, NJ, and Philly gangs meet-up with their kids. Dorney Park in Allentown is a mess too. Both the amusement park and the water park.

nope he's down in the PPP

keep it to the topic at hand. the the arrest and not the detail you went to.

We don't need another thread locked.

Your comments s/b in the guns or no guns thread in the PPP

You'll get a very warm welcome if you re-post what you had there.

Whether you're permitted, or not, the cop CANNOT ignore it...

Isn't there something in the paperwork that says they can take it off you until they're done conducting their business?

You'll get a very warm welcome if you re-post what you had ther

I'm not being pro or anti... There's guns all over the place in this country... My boss has been trying to get a concealed carry permit for years, but feels so insecure, that he carries anyway.

Obviously, Washington feels insecure, and that's why he carries it... It'll be interesting to see if the league is in a position to amend state laws by default.

Edited by #34fan