BILLS/OILERS WILDCARD GAME

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was 7 years old and a fairly new Bills fan who didn't know a lot about football at the time. I had an uncle by marriage who bet me that the Oilers would win. If they did then I had to give him my penny collection which probably totaled $1. If the Bills won he was suppose to give me a $1. The game got out of hand and he was gloating and eventually went about doing other things.

I remained glued to the tv. After the Bills scored their first td in the 2nd half to start the comeback I ran to the room he was in and excitedly told him about the Bills score. He shrugged me off because the score was still lopsided. We all know what happened next. He eventually came into the room where I was watching and was shocked that the Bills had comeback.

After the game I asked for my $1 he owed me and his cheap ass didn't give it to me. Eventually my aunt gave me the $1 because she knew he was being a jerk. I remember it like it was yesterday.

Edited by Bills1985

I was 7 years old and a fairly new Bills fan who didn't know a lot about football at the time. I had an uncle by marriage who bet me that the Oilers would win. If they did then I had to give him my penny collection which probably totaled $1. If the Bills won he was suppose to give me a $1. The game got out of hand and he was gloating and eventually went about doing other things.

I remained glued to the tv. After the Bills scored their first td in the 2nd half to start the comeback I ran to the room he was in and excitedly told him about the Bills score. He shrugged me off because the score was still lopsided. We all know what happened next. He eventually came into the room where I was watching and was shocked that the Bills had comeback.

After the game I asked for my $1 he owed me and his cheap ass didn't give it to me. Eventually my aunt gave me the $1 because she knew he was being a jerk. I remember it like it was yesterday.

Are they still together? The reason I ask was that just wasn't very nice

Are they still together? The reason I ask was that just wasn't very nice

Yes and he is still a jerk. He was a Regional VP for a pretty well known company and was recently laid off. Karma?

1985, how's your penny collection today?

I have a lot more pennies now haha.

I became a lifetime Bills fan that day. My dad got tickets for me and my two brothers since it was blacked out. We sat in upper deck about 20 yard line and a few rows up. We might have considered leaving after Bubba McDowell had his pick 6 except we saw everyone flooding out and any thought of beating traffic was destroyed. I have been to literally hundreds of sporting events live and this is the only one I can remember is so much detail many years later. I will watch it again but it does not have the same feel as being there.

I WAS there! I was a DJ at Club Diamond Dust at the time (now called Buffalo Scores on Genesee & Transit) and went to the game with my dad, a dancer named Cheri, and her 10 yr old nephew. She went to the bathroom at halftime when it was 28-3 and my dad and I decided we would leave when she got back if the Oilers scored again before we did. After the pick 6 to start the second half, we said "That's it! We're outta here." but we had to wait until she returned. By the time she got back to her seat it was over halfway through the 3rd quarter and the score was something like 35-17 so we decided to keep staying. Glad we did, what an awesome game!

We watched at some friends. Our kids were buddies, roughly 4 years old. The understanding was the Bills had to be on if we were to go to their place. Late in the first half he wanted to switch to Kentucky basketball. No way in hell, we had a deal - go watch in your bedroom. I'm sure he still remembers coming out for that comeback. And a few neighbors may remember how loud those obnoxious people were next door!

This was the year I had my season tickets (by myself) at the ridiculous age of 14. Can't believe my parents allowed this, but it was different then.

I remember coming home from church, knowing it wouldn't be on TV. Asked Dad to go to the game (I didn't purchase tix ahead of time after the prior week's ass-handing), he didn't want to, even though we could have got them for $20.

By the start of the 2nd half, everyone in the house had gone on to do other things. I laid on my bed to listen despite the score.

At 35-17, I told him "Dad, they're in this game." He began to believe me at 35-24 and then everyone gathered to listen from then on.

Still remember Van's call of the winning field goal. "The Bills have won it!"

The next day at OPHS, my communications teacher had procured a bootleg copy on VHS and didn't teach a minute all day. Just played the 2nd half in a loop.

Karma would collect in 2000.

I'm too young to have attended. But at this stage of my life, I wouldn't leave a bills home playoff game for any reason whatsoever.

Even if Todd Collins came in and threw consecutive balls into the ground, while #12 didn't know where he was on the back of a cart?

The week before the playoff game I was in Houston Texas at the Bills Final game of the season, Was on my way back from Galveston and actually just drove to the Dome to see if I could get scalpers Tickets. Kelley went down early and I got pics of him sitting on the truck before heading into the locker room. Bills got drilled 27 - 3 that game. Watching the wildcard game there was a point where the Oilers had outscored the Bills 60 - 6 over 6 quarters of football. I fell asleep on my couch at the beginning of Q3 of the wildcard game. Woke up in the middle of the 4th thinking WTF happened. I couldn't believe they came back.

Christensen always was complaining like a 5 year old about everything

Todd thought of himself as an intellectual.

Tim McCarver as well...

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

The game was blacked out in the Buffalo region, listened to Van calling it on WBEN.