BILLS/OILERS WILDCARD GAME

1) Why did the Oilers keep passing?

They kept passing because Moon led the league that year in that category. It was all they had and knew.

I rewatched the 2nd half earlier this week when this thread started. Amazing....best game I never saw.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....how many were watching and when it got to 35-3, stopped watching but left the TV on?.....I'm guilty.....and then they crept back and you watched a bit but left the tube..and then they crept back a bit more and you watched a bit more but left the tub....you know the drill and the result....top 5 all time NFL game comebacks IMO.................

....how many were watching and when it got to 35-3, stopped watching but left the TV on?.....I'm guilty.....and then they crept back and you watched a bit but left the tube..and then they crept back a bit more and you watched a bit more but left the tub....you know the drill and the result....top 5 all time NFL game comebacks IMO.................

where were you watching it?

I was at the game and went with my Mom. After the 3Q pick I said to her "Let's get the F out of here". She said no and we stayed. Two things stick out in my head about the game. 1) Why did the Oilers keep passing? 2) The hundreds of fans trying to scale the fence to get back in. I was in the nosebleeds and could see them all trying. I also spoke of that game at my Mom's memorial service. I will never forget it as long as I am alive and have my marbles. RIP Mom.

I think they had to reopen gates to avoid a riot scene. I remember when the comeback was underway the parking lot was going wild and swarming back to the stadium

where were you watching it?

He said he was in the tub

Edited by 145B4IDIE

...at home...with the bathroom and fridge close by...who could ask for better??.............. :thumbsup: ...

Sitting in freezing rain watching it live. way better

(with an Oiler fan) :thumbsup:

Edited by 145B4IDIE

as much as he was X10. oohhhh revenge is sweet!

...Moon and the Oilers were always fun to watch....Bum Phillips on the sideline....Billy "White Shoes" Johnson who started end zone celebrations......Earl Campbell toting the rock with those Robert Newhouse like thighs....Matthews on the OL blocking for Earl.....great memories.....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Me; went upstairs to get my stuff to go to my gf's house; when I came down they had scored once and were about to score again. Needless to say I stayed put.

Over 234,000 people attended that game and the number goes up every year. And EVERYONE stayed until the end.

well I did.

Btw we almost got kicked out of the Hotel floor we rented for playing for a couple hours football in the hallway.

i puked at some point and we lost a couple on the way. But I stayed for the whole game and being in that end zone was awesome. Every other game I went to had me near the tunnel. My buddy, had seasons back then.

young crazy idiots

Sitting in freezing rain watching it live. way better

(with an Oiler fan) :thumbsup:

its not good when you drink your beer to warm up.

Edited by 3rdand12

Charlie Jones' best call, I think when the Bills scored to make it 35-31: "Ya gotta love it...unless you're in Houston!"

Am I mistaken or did TV stations in Buffalo and Rochester replay the game the following Friday night?

Edited by Ned Flanders

well I did.

Btw we almost got kicked out of the Hotel floor we rented for playing for a couple hours football in the hallway.

i puked at some point and we lost a couple on the way. But I stayed for the whole game and being in that end zone was awesome. Every other game I went to had me near the tunnel. My buddy, had seasons back then.

young crazy idiots

its not good when you drink your beer to warm up.

Worse when you get back to the tailgate and your buddies who left early have finished off the beer:(. That was a miserable weather day!

Charlie Jones' best call, I think when the Bills scored to make it 35-31: "Ya gotta love it...unless you're in Houston!"

Am I mistaken or did TV stations in Buffalo and Rochester replay the game the following Friday night?

He was such a great PBP guy. He did the Cleveland playoff game too. I love his call on the Kelso tipped pass play.