Amazon's All or Nothing Series w/Rams (Bills Related)

Don't know if anyone else has checked out the All or Nothing series on Amazon Prime but if you can, it's a good watch. I enjoyed the first season with the Cardinals last year and a lot of people have been like, "Why would I want to watch the trainwreck 4-12 Rams?" One of the producers of the show did a Reddit AMA and brought up a decent point. With season one they were able to show a successful team that reached the NFC Championship game, and with the Rams, they were able to show the complete other side of the spectrum.

We also know it's no secret that the NFL wanted a lot of exposure with the Rams as they made their way from St. Louis to LA to drum up interest.

The show provides excellent behind the scenes stuff at how an NFL season unfolds. It also shows that Gregg Williams is an insufferable prick. Good gravy, if I had that dude as a coach I wouldn't buy in to anything he had to say. All he does is scream and curse like an unhinged maniac. I didn't really sense that he had much of a relationship with any of his players. The Rams defense did play well in a number of games but their offense was abysmal and as the season went on there were some blowouts where it was apparent that most of the players just checked out mentally.

And how Jeff Fisher had no sense that he was going to be let go is astounding. I mean, he may have had a sense, but he definitely didn't show it. He certainly appeared confident that he was going to go on being their HC for a while.

Anywho, the Bills related part comes during the last episode as they follow Rob Boras to Buffalo. You also get a look at his coaching style here and there. He gets hyped up here and there but overall I sensed that he cared a lot more about his players than Williams and was truly doing his all to figure things out in an effort to get wins.

They offer footage all the way up through post-draft rookie camps. You get to see Snead and McVay ponder and make the trade with Buffalo that allowed them to move up to 37th for Zay.

In all, it's a pretty good series. It gives a great look at everything that goes on during an NFL season, especially the things we don't see. It shows how harsh the business can be and how uncertain the futures are for most players. Unless they were Aaron Donald (who I don't think wants to return to the Rams after he's put in his five years, that's just the vibe I got), Todd Gurley or Jared Goff, their future with the team was in doubt. Several of the players they profiled are now on different teams.

So as we await camp, I'd suggest this series to fill that football void we have over the summer. Unfortunately they don't give us a look whatsoever at Mike Waufle, but I'm guessing that's maybe because he was more of a focal point on Hard Knocks? Just a guess.

Fisher may have been surprised because they extended him like a week before they fired him.

Anyhow, I do think it'd be interesting to see a team that finished poorly, especially after a 3-1 start.

Fisher may have been surprised because they extended him like a week before they fired him.

Anyhow, I do think it'd be interesting to see a team that finished poorly, especially after a 3-1 start.

....Stan the Man is the Left Coast's Danny Boy Snyder.......

Don't know if anyone else has checked out the All or Nothing series on Amazon Prime but if you can, it's a good watch. I enjoyed the first season with the Cardinals last year and a lot of people have been like, "Why would I want to watch the trainwreck 4-12 Rams?" One of the producers of the show did a Reddit AMA and brought up a decent point. With season one they were able to show a successful team that reached the NFC Championship game, and with the Rams, they were able to show the complete other side of the spectrum.

We also know it's no secret that the NFL wanted a lot of exposure with the Rams as they made their way from St. Louis to LA to drum up interest.

The show provides excellent behind the scenes stuff at how an NFL season unfolds. It also shows that Gregg Williams is an insufferable prick. Good gravy, if I had that dude as a coach I wouldn't buy in to anything he had to say. All he does is scream and curse like an unhinged maniac. I didn't really sense that he had much of a relationship with any of his players. The Rams defense did play well in a number of games but their offense was abysmal and as the season went on there were some blowouts where it was apparent that most of the players just checked out mentally.

And how Jeff Fisher had no sense that he was going to be let go is astounding. I mean, he may have had a sense, but he definitely didn't show it. He certainly appeared confident that he was going to go on being their HC for a while.

Anywho, the Bills related part comes during the last episode as they follow Rob Boras to Buffalo. You also get a look at his coaching style here and there. He gets hyped up here and there but overall I sensed that he cared a lot more about his players than Williams and was truly doing his all to figure things out in an effort to get wins.

They offer footage all the way up through post-draft rookie camps. You get to see Snead and McVay ponder and make the trade with Buffalo that allowed them to move up to 37th for Zay.

In all, it's a pretty good series. It gives a great look at everything that goes on during an NFL season, especially the things we don't see. It shows how harsh the business can be and how uncertain the futures are for most players. Unless they were Aaron Donald (who I don't think wants to return to the Rams after he's put in his five years, that's just the vibe I got), Todd Gurley or Jared Goff, their future with the team was in doubt. Several of the players they profiled are now on different teams.

So as we await camp, I'd suggest this series to fill that football void we have over the summer. Unfortunately they don't give us a look whatsoever at Mike Waufle, but I'm guessing that's maybe because he was more of a focal point on Hard Knocks? Just a guess.

So is hard knocks out dated now?

This show is far superior to Hard Knocks.

I like Gregg Williams and his defensive prowess speaks for itself. Sometimes you have to be a nut. Could you imagine dealing with a player like Gilmore? He won't tackle so you might get fired - and he's going to sign a huge contract. I'd yell at him non-stop.

I haven't seen this year's All or Nothing but last years's Cardinals All or Nothing is far more superior to Hard Knocks. Like any series, Hard Knocks has lost its bite over time.

the Rams were probably the most boring team there was to follow besides the Browns, Jets, and 49ers...so they did Hard Knocks AND All or Nothing with them. the NFL is unaplogetically money hungry and they are trying so hard to make LA a football town. but nobody cares about the Rams or Chargers. there might have been a tiny bit of interest with the Raiders because they have roots there and are pretty decent now, but people in LA are more intersted in what Angelina Jolie wears to the Oscars than what one of the terrible football teams in town are doing

Wait until you hear Waufle. The dude screams just to hear himself scream. The players might really like him because they can't show everything but dang that guy was annoying on Hard Knocks.

To be fair - the d-line was the best group on that disaster of a team. And the tackling and just general physicality was very poor from our d-line last year.

Hopefully he can get more out of guys like lawson and dareus.

Edited by dneveu

Um, I don't think so, but Hard Knocks focuses solely on training camp and All or Nothing is the entire season. They started with their move from St. Louis to LA, went through the 2016 draft, some minicamp/OTA stuff, training camp, pre-season, regular season and their post-season which consisted of replacing Fisher and his staff (a few coaches survived, including John Fassel, their special teams coordinator who served as their interim to finish out the season after Fisher was let go), introducing McVay, their 2017 draft as well as a small look at McVay coaching rookie camp practices and such. Overall it's just a really in-depth behind the scenes look at what goes down during an NFL season.

I like Gregg Williams and his defensive prowess speaks for itself. Sometimes you have to be a nut. Could you imagine dealing with a player like Gilmore? He won't tackle so you might get fired - and he's going to sign a huge contract. I'd yell at him non-stop.

I don't disagree that he's had some pretty good defenses over the years but the strength of the Rams defense last season was their DL. Once guys like Quinn and Hayes missed time, they became more exposed. I understand each coach has his own style but a smart coach looks for what works best from player to player. Some players respond to hard coaching, other players will tune that crap out. All players learn differently as well. If you're coming off as an intimidating, in your face type of coach, players might not be so quick to ask questions to make sure they have things right because they don't feel like having a guy screaming in their face or disrespecting him for not learning/doing something the way the coach wants.

To be fair - the d-line was the best group on that disaster of a team. And the tackling and just general physicality was very poor from our d-line last year.

Hopefully he can get more out of guys like lawson and dareus.

I didn't see Hard Knocks with the Rams and the All or Nothing series didn't even mention Waufle once. I don't even know if they actually showed the guy. I mean, he was probably in some shots here and there but he wasn't featured whatsoever.

I think with the switch back to the 4-3 we should see a lot better production from the entire front four. Lawson missed almost all of the off-season work and then was put in a position he never played before. Dareus had the suspension and then the injury and never really got going, plus he didn't buy into Rex's system. Hughes did give effort but again, he was being played in a position that didn't benefit his skill set. He's at his best when he has his hand in the dirt and goes after the QB, same for Lawson. Kyle is a pure effort guy, probably did the best he could but I'm sure even he felt like the scheme did not suit the players very well.

Episode 3 covers the Bills game during Week 5 of the season. Rams are 3-1 and tied for first place in the NFC West. Funny that Fischer calls it that if they keep doing what they're doing that they won't win another football game. Bills talk focuses on the run game. Greggo is preaching stop the "f$&@ing" run. They poke fun of Rex during the offensive film study. Interesting look at Bills "3" disrupters on D. Cool background of dog day where they brought their kids and dogs into work for victory Mondays. Interesting fake punt game planning against the Bills called Ram Right. I think we were lucky catching the Rams down three starting D line men. Funny how well the Bills travel. Lots of Bill's blue in the stadium. The Robey-Coleman pick 6 was awesome. The fake punt failed miserably. Great Tyrod touchdown to end it. Terrible timing for the loss in that they travel 11,000 miles over the next two weeks going to Detroit and London.

the Rams were probably the most boring team there was to follow besides the Browns, Jets, and 49ers...so they did Hard Knocks AND All or Nothing with them. the NFL is unaplogetically money hungry and they are trying so hard to make LA a football town. but nobody cares about the Rams or Chargers. there might have been a tiny bit of interest with the Raiders because they have roots there and are pretty decent now, but people in LA are more intersted in what Angelina Jolie wears to the Oscars than what one of the terrible football teams in town are doing

And when you buy Madden 2017 you have to start the game by playing a tutorial as the Rams in the playoffs!

I need a new show. Didn't watch the Arizona version last year but I think I'll give this one a go since it has at least some relevance to the Bills. For whatever reason I find the Cardinals the most boring team on earth and never bothered.

All or Nothing with the Cards was awesome. I have no tie to the Cards, but they series sucked me in. The Rams are just so darn boring, i tried to watch the first episode and turned it off. I guess i am not 'jonesing' enough yet for me to think the Rams are worth 10 hours of my life.

All or Nothing with the Cards was awesome. I have no tie to the Cards, but they series sucked me in. The Rams are just so darn boring, i tried to watch the first

episode and turned it off. I guess i am not 'jonesing' enough yet for me to think the Rams are worth 10 hours of my life.

Yes the Hard knocks on the Rams was brutal. The coolest thing was some of the staff taking a golf cart thru In n out drive thru. Not going to bother with All or nothing on them.

What makes them better?

It's more interesting to me to see how a team and coaches reacts to the highs and lows throughout a season. How a team reacts to injury and lean on their backups and how a coach approaches a typical week for home and road games was interesting to me. Also, they focus more on star players and you get a better sense of who they are as opposed to Hard Knocks that focuses a lot more on fringe players that may or may not make the roster.

No, they are completely different. Yes, show in a similar style, but one show focuses solely on players looking to make a team, secure a job, secure the starting spot, or prepare as a locked in starter. Very different content, even though the series looks and feels like they are both shot by same company.

This series is more about the people who earned jobs and having to play through a season, travel, deal with injuries, fight for a playoff spot or to keep jobs and what goes on before and after a season in the Front Office.

I love them both.

Totally disagree for the reasons I said above...they are both unique and Hard Knocks is still a phenomenal show where you get to see teams make roster decisions, players fight for jobs, fight for starting positions, and prepare as a locked in starter. Completely different insight as "All of Nothing" only touches briefly on that and focuses more on the year long journey as a team...before, during, and after the season with the emphasis on the regular season and playoffs.

Edited by Alphadawg7

I live in LA from Buffalo been here 37 years. I follow both teams and I think they both look like 500 teams this next year. It all depends on the QB and injuries. That being said TT is better right now Geoff has the higher ceiling.

I live in LA from Buffalo been here 37 years. I follow both teams and I think they both look like 500 teams this next year. It all depends on the QB and injuries. That being said TT is better right now Geoff has the higher ceiling.

One thing I found interesting watching the whole series, is that of all the weeks, the opposing QB that probably got the most attention in the show and game planning to defend was Tyrod. They even said he is similar to Russel Wilson, but not quite as good a passer but even more dangerous than Russ with his legs. They definitely spoke about him highly, and were game planning to stop him. He was even showcased a bit by the show during the gameplay footage. Coaches in the booth were even marveling a bit at his runs both before and during the game.

Just so weird, I swear there is a few people here who will scream until they are blue in the face that Tyrod sucks and NO teams or DC's game plan to stop him...yet the NFL keeps saying otherwise. I guess maybe its possible that the people in the NFL know more than the pundits on here? Is it possible? So confused...