Negativity v Reality

You know, if Brady were a classy guy, it wouldn't be so bad. But he loves himself to much. I mean, that 200 dollars for that cookbook of his- what a joke.

Well folks paid for it.

His tantrums on the field over the years tell the story as far as I am concerned

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another Buffalo News article to hate... reads like a farewell to Sammy.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/06/28/bills-wr-lack-commitment-sammy-watkins-speaks-volumes/

I don't see what's to be outraged about. The team didn't commit to him by offering the 5th year option, if things go sideways it could be his last season in Buffalo. Not much else to it? Maybe the headline is a little strong? Isn't that their job?

Rodak forgot to mention another of the Ginger Hammer's quotes

Steel sharpens steel.

Proverbs 27:17-27 You use steel to sharpen steel, and one friend sharpens another. If you care for your orchard, you'll enjoy its fruit; if you honor your boss

Rich Cimini can kiss my

OK now minor point, but I'm trying to figure out which version(s) "steel sharpens steel" and this version of the proverb come from

Agreed it's pretty silly to ask fans of other teams in the AFC East for their opinion. Naturally "my team will beat them" is part of the mix.

OK now minor point, but I'm trying to figure out which version(s) "steel sharpens steel" and this version of the proverb come from

Agreed it's pretty silly to ask fans of other teams in the AFC East for their opinion. Naturally "my team will beat them" is part of the mix.

Not sure but I've read McD aka the Ginger Hammer say that a few times.

I I did a quick search and what I posted seems to be a good team philosophy.

One teammate helps another and honor the coach and yee shall reap the rewards.

As they were for about 15 years under the previous owner...

Blaming the Pegulas is kind of idiotic.

Sure they screwed the pooch in Rex but they remedied that quickly.

I don't see what's to be outraged about. The team didn't commit to him by offering the 5th year option, if things go sideways it could be his last season in Buffalo. Not much else to it? Maybe the headline is a little strong? Isn't that their job?

:blink: Who's outraged?

Folks on the board have been critical of BN Bills articles lately... I personally would like to see Sammy produce... If he doesn't, another team could reap the benefits this team paid such a high price for... Frustrating, but hardly outrageous.

Another Buffalo News article to hate... reads like a farewell to Sammy.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/06/28/bills-wr-lack-commitment-sammy-watkins-speaks-volumes/

I haven't liked or agreed with almost everything BN has written on the Bills, but this is article is spot on. It's highly unlikely that Watkins is a Bill next season. Since 5th year options were instituted only one player has had his declined and still been with his team in his 5th season. It can happen, but it's not where the smart money is.

I haven't liked or agreed with almost everything BN has written on the Bills, but this is article is spot on. It's highly unlikely that Watkins is a Bill next season. Since 5th year options were instituted only one player has had his declined and still been with his team in his 5th season. It can happen, but it's not where the smart money is.

I object !

Conjecture !

I demand it be stricken from the record

This team is far from good. 3-13 at best. I dont blame the media for being negative.

There are more holes on this team right now then a screen door on a submarine.

Coaching is very suspect

GM is a huge question

This team is no where near the level of quality teams

BTW how can this topic keep QB play on the sidelines - TT is not that good.

I've read through this entire thread and, sorry, but:

Ragland makes it mostly irrelevant.

Negative? Realistic? Wasted words. Ragland has the ability/potential, to swing 6 games at least, perhaps all 16. Consider: Atlanta on the road. If Ragland plays MLB as well as he is capable? We win that game, easy. Why? Learn about the Falcons. If the D line performs as it has before in a "just go get em" 4-3, or just adequately? Then he has all-pro, perhaps even HOF potential in that game, precisely because: it's the Falcons.

However, any number of worse things can happen with Ragland. He could be absolutely terrible, and swing all 16 games...because we pissed away draft capital while he sits on the bench or on his couch at home. Or, we may be looking at the best Bills MLB ever. We just don't know. You can't have this large of a variance, at the position on defense, and pretend to "know" anything about anything. "Negativity" in this case is as much intentional ignorance, as is optimism. Claiming to be "realistic" is absurd.

There are no "realistic" expectations. We might as well be talking "reality" about the next Euchre hand.

EDIT: And please, in today's NFL: "he fits/doesn't fit the scheme" is a top 5 dumb argument. Winning teams have consistently been drafting/signing versatile players for the last 5 years, so they can come at you all sorts of ways.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

I've read through this entire thread and, sorry, but:

Ragland makes it mostly irrelevant.

Negative? Realistic? Wasted words. Ragland has the ability/potential, to swing 6 games at least, perhaps all 16. Consider: Atlanta on the road. If Ragland plays MLB as well as he is capable? We win that game, easy. Why? Learn about the Falcons. If the D line performs as it has before in a "just go get em" 4-3, or just adequately? Then he has all-pro, perhaps even HOF potential in that game, precisely because: it's the Falcons.

However, any number of worse things can happen with Ragland. He could be absolutely terrible, and swing all 16 games...because we pissed away draft capital while he sits on the bench or on his couch at home. Or, we may be looking at the best Bills MLB ever. We just don't know. You can't have this large of a variance, at the position on defense, and pretend to "know" anything about anything. "Negativity" in this case is as much intentional ignorance, as is optimism. Claiming to be "realistic" is absurd.

There are no "realistic" expectations. We might as well be talking "reality" about the next Euchre hand.

EDIT: And please, in today's NFL: "he fits/doesn't fit the scheme" is a top 5 dumb argument. Winning teams have consistently been drafting/signing versatile players for the last 5 years, so they can come at you all sorts of ways.

excellent post.

I don't believe he will be terrible anymore than I believe he will be the best ever but I do believe Ragland will surprise many.

the reality is, we will find out and I am really looking forward to this defense which should compliment another potential top 10 offense and make for a good season?

Not sure but I've read McD aka the Ginger Hammer say that a few times.

I I did a quick search and what I posted seems to be a good team philosophy.

One teammate helps another and honor the coach and yee shall reap the rewards.

Blaming the Pegulas is kind of idiotic.

Sure they screwed the pooch in Rex but they remedied that quickly.

....absolutely correct bud......cut them some slack.....he wrote a check for $165 mil to buy the Sabres and $1.4 BILLION to buy the Bills.....for what, mediocre bottom feeders?......not going to rehash the Sabres purchase history, but it is now on the right track IMO.....as far as the Bills, he did try to retain Marrone to keep continuity, offering him a 4 year, $19.6 mil extension.....TP liked the culture changing disciplinary style but his "Patton like" approach irritated Brandon & Whaley as well as players....so he took his 4 mil and ran knowing his 2 biggest detractors would be up his butt....no need to rehash the Wrecks debacle which was Brandon theater to sell tickets....SURE McD is a greenhorn HC, but he's all business and comes from good pedigree starting with the late and great DC Jim Johnson......Rivera, even though a 2nd string in Bears 46 defense, acquitted himself well in SD and with Panthers.....Beane could have held out for something else, but decided to join McD and look at the former VP's and former Personnel Directors that joined his staff.....and of course, the yipsters will say" they needed job(s)".....IMO, bet your twin cheeks the Pegulas are atoning for their mistakes...ALL of the aforementioned hires come right out of Terry's checkbook....as a quick aside, Sabres GM Botterill was given the latitude to hire Assistant GM's one of which will serve as GM for Pegulas AHL franchise in Rochester....and they have hired former Amerk great Chris Taylor as HC ..money is NO object when these folks want THE best...convince me otherwise and I will go back to under my rock...........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

excellent post.

I don't believe he will be terrible anymore than I believe he will be the best ever but I do believe Ragland will surprise many.

the reality is, we will find out and I am really looking forward to this defense which should compliment another potential top 10 offense and make for a good season?

Thanks. I try to do my best work here, and my worst work at PPP :devil:

If we look at the Patriots D closely, it's clear that they've been taking "castoffs", "doesn't fit the scheme" guys, UDFAs, but, on the other side, mostly drafting D busts, for years as well. Somehow they generate a decent defense, just enough to win, year over year. That's not because the run a scheme, that's because they have a highly competent coaching staff who is able to get the best out of players by focusing the D on what the players they have each year, are best at.

....absolutely correct bud......cut them some slack.....he wrote a check for $165 mil to buy the Sabres and $1.4 BILLION to buy the Bills.....for what, mediocre bottom feeders?......not going to rehash the Sabres purchase history, but it is now on the right track IMO.....as far as the Bills, he did try to retain Marrone to keep continuity, offering him a 4 year, $19.6 mil extension.....TP liked the culture changing disciplinary style but his "Patton like" approach irritated Brandon & Whaley as well as players....so he took his 4 mil and ran knowing his 2 biggest detractors would be up his butt....no need to rehash the Wrecks debacle which was Brandon theater to sell tickets....SURE McD is a greenhorn HC, but he's all business and comes from good pedigree starting with the late and great DC Jim Johnson......Rivera, even though a 2nd string in Bears 46 defense, acquitted himself well in SD and with Panthers.....Beane could have held out for something else, but decided to join McD and look at the former VP's and former Personnel Directors that joined his staff.....and of course, the yipsters will say" they needed job(s)".....IMO, bet your twin cheeks the Pegulas are atoning for their mistakes...ALL of the aforementioned hires come right out of Terry's checkbook....as a quick aside, Sabres GM Botterill was given the latitude to hire Assistant GM's one of which will serve as GM for Pegulas AHL franchise in Rochester....and they have hired former Amerk great Chris Taylor as HC ..money is NO object when these folks want THE best...convince me otherwise and I will go back to under my rock...........

I would like to know why anyone would even blame the Pegula's like they are supposed to be well versed in the sport that they own a team in.

They are OWNERS.....the only mistake they have made is who they hired to run their teams.....and some of that is by trial and error.

El Pegula....love you and your lovely wife.

I would like to know why anyone would even blame the Pegula's like they are supposed to be well versed in the sport that they own a team in.

They are OWNERS.....the only mistake they have made is who they hired to run their teams.....and some of that is by trial and error.

Yep. They are slowly learning. They want to win and will spare no expense.

First ... yes, Kim Pegula is a smoking hot gold digger.

Secondly, as owners, they took it upon themselves to handpick Rex Ryan as their head coach because Kim thought it was cool.

That led to Rex Ryan hand picking Tyrod Taylor AND Rob Ryan.

You know how it ends.

The good thing is that they seem to have learned from their stupid mistakes and hired a real GM, whose little puppy came along to coach.

We shall see how it works. Personally, I'm very optimistic ... for the 2019 season. As long as fossil fuel boy and his secretary keep their involvement limited to writing checks, I think we're in good shape.