Nate Peterman - weak arm? I don't think so!

FWIW, I liked the Peterman pick where it was. I was kind of hoping for Josh Dobbs to be that guy but he went 36 picks before. That is an important role and one that the Bills need. If Peterman is here for 4 years and ends up starting 10 games (as an example) it's great value for a 5th round QB. If he can be .500 he will land a NICE 2nd contract.

Man, there were games where Dobbs looked like he shouldn't even be drafted. I'm not a big fan of his but going to Pittsburgh will be great for him.

Peterman is the opposite of Jones and I think it's a solid pick. If he turns out to be a backup, it's a good pick. I think if Trent didn't have to play right away, he could have been a top backup.

That said, we are mostly likely picking a qb next year. And like you, I'm on the Rosen bandwagon. I also like Rudolph too.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's officially the offseason when we declare a later round, average talent qb is comparable to Brady or Montana. Trent Edwards loves this comparison. :)

And I'd love for you to be right!

That's every season, forgive us for hoping to get lucky.

Yeah, but his career went a lot farther because of Gailey. He should've never lasted this long, honestly.

Hardly "honestly" since you have posted multiple times you thought Fritzpatrick was not a good QB but plenty of teams signed him.

Brady has a very strong arm now...there are ways to increase arm strength via exercises/workout regimens

HGH help too but Br*dy would never do that - that is cheating!

That highlight video showed me NP throws as hard as he needs to throw. Soft/hard depending on situation. There were more than a few bullets in that video, and plenty of Soft (catchable and on target) throws too. His arm strength does not seem an issue to me. I'm excited for the kid. Great pocket awareness is what I see most.

That highlight video showed me NP throws as hard as he needs to throw. Soft/hard depending on situation. There were more than a few bullets in that video, and plenty of Soft (catchable and on target) throws too. His arm strength does not seem an issue to me. I'm excited for the kid. Great pocket awareness is what I see most.

I think that is why they like him.

Good pickup IMO

Throw in a few F5's and this is golden.

No comprendo. F5's are reserved for high profile free agents. What do you mean?

Sorry, probably wrong thread. It was my inner 5th grader reading Soft/hard, bullets, arm strength, pocket awareness... Peterman.

I'll try to keep it in the Jeremy Maclin Cookbook thread in the future.

There are a lot of comments about Peterman having a noodle arm - accurate, yes, but weak. The consensus is that with less than stellar arm strength he can only progress so far; like back up QB or maybe a borderline starter, with the club necessarily always on the lookout for a better guy who can really get the ball out the way it should be - with plenty of zip.

I have watched a ton of Peterman highlights and have always wondered what those naysayers were talking about. In the highlights that I've watched I have seen a lot of 35-45 yarders with what seemed to me to have a good deal of power behind them, and one that was exactly 50 yards, right on the money. I was trying to find that one so I could post it here for all the doubters, but instead found this one. Go to Nate Peterman 2015 Highlights - YouTube and you'll see at the 12:05 mark, a 53 yard toss, from the opponent 45 to his 2, right on the money for a TD, with a 1 step-up delivery.

Have a look and then tell me that he'll be limited by his weak arm. You might check out the entire tape to see a lot of excellent throws.

There are many things about Peterman to get excited about. But if he had a strong arm, he doesn't make it out of the first round

Agreed. And congrats for McCarron for being the new super overrated backup qb title holder. And Thise are two guys who won't have close to career of Fitz. Neither will Peterman or Jones.

More definitive statements that show a lack of respect for the unknown...that's exactly what we are talking here. You just don't know how any of These guys careers will go.

And the true irony here is you are claiming Peterman can't surpass Tyrod, but by your logic, Tyrod would have been given no chance of having a career like Fitz either.

Do you see how silly these statements are?

More definitive statements that show a lack of respect for the unknown...that's exactly what we are talking here. You just don't know how any of These guys careers will go.

And the true irony here is you are claiming Peterman can't surpass Tyrod, but by your logic, Tyrod would have been given no chance of having a career like Fitz either.

Do you see how silly these statements are?

Well stated, Crusher. I don't understand how anyone writes someone off before they even had a camp. Apparently knowing more than the GM that drafted them is why we get blessed by some people's proclamations of future and eminent failure.

I'm going to go out on a limb and disagree with you on both McCarron and Peterman.

with all due respect

same here. I think McCarron and Peterman are likely to be better QB's than Alex Smith. Who has "game managed" into playoffs, unlike TT.

same here. I think McCarron and Peterman are likely to be better QB's than Alex Smith. Who has "game managed" into playoffs, unlike TT.

I'd bet anything that Alex Smith finishes his career with more yards, wins, TDs, starts, & completions than those guys combined. So I'm not sure how you are defining "likely to be better?"