Nate Peterman - weak arm? I don't think so!

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's officially the offseason when we declare a later round, average talent qb is comparable to Brady or Montana. Trent Edwards loves this comparison. :)

And I'd love for you to be right!

Brady has a very strong arm now...there are ways to increase arm strength via exercises/workout regimens

Peterman was drafted as a possible backup plan If Taylor struggles in my humble opinion

If they were worried about someone needing to start this year they wouldn't have waited until the 5th round. There isn't a QB competition coming. It's Tyrod in 2017 and Tyrod or 1st round QB in 2018. They hedged on needing a starter by adding KC's first.

Brady has a very strong arm now...there are ways to increase arm strength via exercises/workout regimens/performance enhancing substances

how dare you... Edited by Kirby Jackson

Joe Montana didn't have a "strong arm" either. I am actually optimistic about the guy. But I'm no scout or QB evaluater.

I like this post. Honest.

Peterman might be what Kirby describes.

Thats cool with me. Smart kid in the QB room who might be able to step in and hold the game together.

But he is a rather different player than Tyrod.

Might need a different Offense schemed in for him to be steady enough.

Tyrod is nearly and anomaly and there is no way OC do not focus on his strengths and avoid his weaknesses.

I too like Peterman though.

Once the Bills are eliminated from playoff contention, I would absolutely expect them to put him in. Why wouldn't they?

Tyrod Tayor has no upside, he is what he is, and thy will want to find out what Peterman can do can do and take that information into the

2018 draft. They have positioned themselves well to potentially get a true QB.

He seems from the profile and analysis to be a lot of things Tyrod isn't.

http://www.billsdaily.com/draft/

5) QB Nathan Peterman, Pittsburgh 6-2 1/2, 226, 4.82 - Good enough size slightly weak arm strength which is a concern late in the season in Buffalo but has good deep ball accuracy. He's Smart and picks up systems quickly going through two the last two seasons at Pitt. Goes through progressions very quickly. Aggressive player who is a playmaker. He is pro ready and played in a pro-style offense. Throws with good timing and anticipation. Compact and quick delivery, needs more zip on his ball. Feels pressure well. Extends plays well with his feet and is a competent runner. He has been compared to Andy Dalton and Kirk Cousins by some scouts. Could be a long term backup QB option in the NFL.

WAAAY too early to call for this. and it is likely they will draft some with a much higher ceiling than my pal and buddy Nate

Long term backup is not a bad thing folks, especially if he can stay in a system

I'm going to go out on a limb and disagree with you on both McCarron and Peterman.

with all due respect

How much do you weigh? and what kind of tree and how old is the tree.

I like your attitude but don climb too far out on that Willow branch Figster.. :o

Brady has a very strong arm now...there are ways to increase arm strength via exercises/workout regimens

When you are starting the race from behind it's a bit harder to compete still. Nothing wrong acknowledging that. Everyone has access to new coaching and strength training. If everyone takes two steps forward, he's a guy that will have to take three in that department.

If they were worried about someone needing to start this year they wouldn't have waited until the 5th round. There isn't a QB competition coming. It's Tyrod in 2017 and Tyrod or 1st round QB in 2018. They hedged on needing a starter by adding KC's first.

how dare you...

No reason to draft someone way higher then projected even If you deemed a later round QB as possible starter IMO.

Ha ha, I almost used Fitz as the "smart guy" but figured so many people think Fitz is awful. He's been the ultimate fringe starter (I'd put Hoyer there too). Guys that can play a handful of games and even compete. They have some horrible games but can have big ones (like Fitz against us last year). McCarron is kind of that fringe starter now but without the resume so people think he's better.

McCarron would get so exposed if he had to play for a whole season. The guy was a solid starter on one of the great teams ever in college. He struggled big time in their playoff game and has one of the worst tattoos ever.

Aka PEDs he got from Manny and Big Papi.

No reason to draft someone way higher then projected even If you deemed a later round QB as possible starter IMO.

Most thought Peterman would be gone by the 3rd. The Bills didn't feel they needed him. If they did they would have made sure to get him. When he was on the board in the 5th he represented good value.

The Raiders took Cook in the 4th round last year for the same reason. He started a playoff game as a rookie. If you are in need of a starter you aren't planning on it late in the draft. If it happens, it's a bonus. In today's NFL every guy that team's believe will be a long-term starter are off the board by round 2.

It's not a knock on Peterman though. He can be a great fit like McCarron has been. If he fills the number 2 role on minimal salary like NoSaint mentioned, it's a win.

DBFS'73,

it speaks more to my confidence in Tyrod than it does about Nathan being the next saviour.

well, I don't see peterman as the back up. yates, now he may step in if you were to get your wish of taylor being replaced. although I don't see that either.

we'll see, nobody can say anything at this point with any certainty...

At qb I'll say if you think he has a substantially better shot than his peers I am 100% for taking him earlier than slotted. No reason to get cute with what might be the single most important position in sports

If you can get 4 years of decent backup qb play for league minimum instead of $3-5m a year that's GREAT value at that point. That he's the equivalent of a lottery ticket doesn't hurt the value but you aren't taking a guy you expect to start there.

fair and balanced take

and illegal drugs.

his personal dude is fringey

Most thought Peterman would be gone by the 3rd. The Bills didn't feel they needed him. If they did they would have made sure to get him. When he was on the board in the 5th he represented good value.

The Raiders took Cook in the 4th round last year for the same reason. He started a playoff game as a rookie. If you are in need of a starter you aren't planning on it late in the draft. If it happens, it's a bonus. In today's NFL every guy that team's believe will be a long-term starter are off the board by round 2.

It's not a knock on Peterman though. He can be a great fit like McCarron has been. If he fills the number 2 role on minimal salary like NoSaint mentioned, it's a win.

thanks for the polite reply, makes good sense,

bama/McCarron fan and I like the QB comparison

I think some people understand how good Fitz' career has been in terms of what most qbs achieve. Fitz isn't a HOFer but his career is better than 85% of qbs. It would be a huge win if Peterman has half of the career of Fitz.

I don't disagree with you. Fitz has shown just enough to make teams think he can start. He had a great year with the Jets followed by a stinker. I don't think any team that has signed him has expected more than a backup role. I'm just saying that I could see a similar career for Peterman.

Edited by DallasMac

I like this post. Honest.

Peterman might be what Kirby describes.

Thats cool with me. Smart kid in the QB room who might be able to step in and hold the game together.

But he is a rather different player than Tyrod.

Might need a different Offense schemed in for him to be steady enough.

Tyrod is nearly and anomaly and there is no way OC do not focus on his strengths and avoid his weaknesses.

I too like Peterman though.

WAAAY too early to call for this. and it is likely they will draft some with a much higher ceiling than my pal and buddy Nate

Long term backup is not a bad thing folks, especially if he can stay in a system

How much do you weigh? and what kind of tree and how old is the tree.

I like your attitude but don climb too far out on that Willow branch Figster.. :o

haha, its to late my friend...

FWIW, I liked the Peterman pick where it was. I was kind of hoping for Josh Dobbs to be that guy but he went 36 picks before. That is an important role and one that the Bills need. If Peterman is here for 4 years and ends up starting 10 games (as an example) it's great value for a 5th round QB. If he can be .500 he will land a NICE 2nd contract.

I don't disagree with you. Fitz has shown just enough to make teams think he can start. He had a great year with the Jets followed by a stinker. I don't think any team that has signed him has expected more than a backup role. I'm just saying that I could see a similar career for Peterman.

Hey, I'd love to see Peterman have a Fitz career. But Fitz has thrown 166 tds and for 25,000 yards in his career. I'd bet most new qbs don't come close to those numbers.

Fitz wasn't good enough but he had a career most qbs won't ever sniff,

I already put the call into the local fire dept. they are sending the cat stuck in a tree team out after coffee is finished.

Hang in there Baby!

...considering they drink coffee 24/7...

...I may be up here for awhile... ( sound of limb breaking )

...or not...