Bills get more cap space today - 6-2-17

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....and if I remember correctly, he wanted "out" as bad as Peters and Lynch.....burning bridges can come back and bite you in the twin cheeks.............

Yes true but everything has changed since he left. Coaches, f.o, ownership. Byrd may be willing to give it another shot here and the current regime may be willing to forgive since it wasn't on their watch.

Ralph was still the owner when Byrd left right?

The Bills had $11.558M in cap space prior to today. Having cut S A. Williams the Bills will now have Williams' cap savings of $4.2M added to their total, which amounts to $15.758.

That total includes the top 51 players of the 87 total currently on the roster.

More cap space is always a good thing.

Where'd you get your numbers? Spotrac has the Bills at $12.3M in space for the top 51 as of now.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/

For everyone ONLY THE TOP 51 HIGHEST PAID PLAYERS COUNT TOWARDS THE CAP.

True until cut down day. Then all 53 and practice squad players also count.

We are in decent cap shape next season. The only 2018 Bills' free agents we should allot big money at to retain are Sammy, Eric Wood, and possible Kyle. I imagine we franchise Sammy, Kyle retires, and Wood gives hometown discount. Next season is when we make our claim for AFC

We are in decent cap shape next season. The only 2018 Bills' free agents we should allot big money at to retain are Sammy, Eric Wood, and possible Kyle. I imagine we franchise Sammy, Kyle retires, and Wood gives hometown discount. Next season is when we make our claim for AFC

This is the wait and see year for Watkins.

This is the wait and see year for Watkins.

or we do the Bills modus operandi and low ball Sammy, he bails to the Pats, and wins Superbowls. Sammy is the best player on the Bills, when healthy. There are only a few players with Watkins skill set, and their teams would never let them walk. Hopefully Sammy can stay healthy and put it all together

or we do the Bills modus operandi and low ball Sammy, he bails to the Pats, and wins Superbowls. Sammy is the best player on the Bills, when healthy. There are only a few players with Watkins skill set, and their teams would never let them walk. Hopefully Sammy can stay healthy and put it all together

there is no modus operandi at this time. It's an entirely new organization.

Yes true but everything has changed since he left. Coaches, f.o, ownership. Byrd may be willing to give it another shot here and the current regime may be willing to forgive since it wasn't on their watch.

Ralph was still the owner when Byrd left right?

..so what's your point or inference about Ralph?...he is the reason why Byrd left???.............

Let me know "when healthy" happens.

I'm not upset at him for being hurt--it sucks--but if the guy can't handle the pro life, he won't get top dollar. Fred Taylor was 8 hamstring pulls away from being Barry Sanders.

and I want a Super Bowl championship in my lifetime but we can't all get what we want!

Yeah yeah yeah, you love the team and all you want is to win a championship. So you'll just be miserable and try and bring as many with you until they do.

Then ask to live as long as it takes to get one.

Whaley made all of the bad decisions and McDermott made all of the good ones. :)

Yes. And in two years all of those good decisions will look like bad ones when the Bills hire Rob Ryan and he cleans house. Round and round we go.

..so what's your point or inference about Ralph?...he is the reason why Byrd left???.............

No thats not what im saying, im saying its new blood in Buffalo. Idk what the new regime will do but ik if it were the same people that were here when Byrd left he most definitely would not be coming back

Throw some more incentive $ at Barnidge.

Honestly I don't think Barnidge has a chance to be a #1 TE, at this time. Maybe he is waiting for injuries to happen or to stay healthy himself.

But as it stands now I could see him starting 25% of our games cause Clay will be out or questionable. Even with Clay I can see Barnidge meeting the 40 receptions, 350-400 yds, 5 TDs.

I truly feel Barnidge may be equal too Clay. Clay is obviously better, but less dependable and never practices during the season.

The Clay experiment is turning out horribly