NFL may move the combine to Cali in 2018

Interesting, never thought it would leave Indy

http://thespun.com/news/nfl-considering-california-combine-move?ads=off

If the combine moves to the left coast, the plan would then be to shift it into prime time to maximize viewership and ad revenue. Currently, the combine is televised live on the NFL Network during the day, with replays at night.

Additionally, NFL sources told The Spun that while the consensus around the league is fine with a move to prime time, there is a strong contingent of teams that dont want to move it out of Indy. The reason? It is centrally located.

If you watch even one second of the combine, I really feel bad for the life you live. That's as pathetic as anything I've heard.

I watch the combine for the same reason that I watch the draft. I have friends who go through the process every year and I am interested in seeing their performance and successes. I don't think there is anything sad or pathetic about that.

what is the point of such a rude comment? It says more about you than the people you are judging.

Agreed.

I watch the combine for the same reason that I watch the draft. I have friends who go through the process every year and I am interested in seeing their performance and successes. I don't think there is anything sad or pathetic about that.

I personally don't watch the combine but this seems like a perfectly valid reason to me.

Edited by hondo in seattle

A prime time event?

I don't think that's a good idea.

The coverage is about 6-7 hours long.

Are people back east really going to stay up until 1:00 a.m. to watch the Tight Ends run the gauntlet?

Bad idea. Can't afford to have The Big One hit and all the good new, up and coming QB's fall into the ocean at once. I hope they protect this upcoming crop somehow. Bubble wrap is not enough. The stakes are high. :)

If you watch even one second of the combine, I really feel bad for the life you live. That's as pathetic as anything I've heard.

And the "Dick of the Day" award goes to..... Not hard to guess. :thumbsup: How about people who like football in general watch the combine? I like watching certain parts of it as I'm sure a lot of others do. Just because it's not your cup of tea so to speak doesn't mean the people who do watch it lead pathetic lives. Also, if your life is the more interesting than ours, what world or life changing activity do you have going on at the end of February/early March when the combine is taking place?

Interesting, never thought it would leave Indy

http://thespun.com/news/nfl-considering-california-combine-move?ads=off

Wow...heard the director of the combine on the radio a while back and he said it would be pretty hard for another place to duplicate what they do because they have got Indy's buy in from a lot of hospitals, etc that work together...