A pleasant surprise is on the way.

RB Jonathan Williams had a great 2014 season in which he ran for over 1,000 yds and scored 12 TDs.

He got injured and missed the entire 2015 season.

That didn't stop the Bills from selecting him in R5 of the 2016 draft. J-Will was expected to be as high as a R2 pick, but being out for an entire season really hurt his draft selection.

Williams admits that he wasn't fully healthy in 2016. His foot hadn't healed to the point to allow him to cut like he needs to in order to avoid defenders.

Now fully healthy J-Will has something to prove and should have a great opportunity to do so with Gillislee gone and not much proven completion on the roster behind McCoy.

Here are his college highlights from 2014.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSQBZWUznSI.

Who does he remind you of??

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read that article in TBN yesterday about Jwill. My question is why was he practicing if he wasn't healed? He made it sound like he was surprised they even put him out there.

Plus, he's not a FB...so that's another strike against him. We need more FB's.

I read that article in TBN yesterday about Jwill. My question is why was he practicing if he wasn't healed? He made it sound like he was surprised they even put him out there.

After Shaq had to get his surgery and Ragland went down, there was no way Whaley was gonna let J-will sit if he could practice. There was already enough complaining about his drafting injured players.

After Shaq had to get his surgery and Ragland went down, there was no way Whaley was gonna let J-will sit if he could practice. There was already enough complaining about his drafting injured players.

but he was the only one who was obviously clearly injured at draft time and not even expected to play given the guys ahead of him! Smh Edited by YoloinOhio

The way I read it was he was out there because he wanted to be out there. Conspiracy theories are much more interesting though.

Show me the money.

If you can play then play. Enough talk and excuses. Last year is over. I don't care about last year. Put up or shut up. UB Jordan Johnson is on your heels.

"McDerma speak" for those wondering how I suddenly developed no empathy.

Edited by cba fan

In his limited carries last year he looked slow, hesitant to hit the hole, and went down pretty easily. He also fumbled a couple times. I wouldnt count on him to be anything more than replaceable

RB Jonathan Williams had a great 2014 season in which he ran for over 1,000 yds and scored 12 TDs.

He got injured and missed the entire 2015 season.

That didn't stop the Bills from selecting him in R5 of the 2016 draft. J-Will was expected to be as high as a R2 pick, but being out for an entire season really hurt his draft selection.

Williams admits that he wasn't fully healthy in 2016. His foot hadn't healed to the point to allow him to cut like he needs to in order to avoid defenders.

Now fully healthy J-Will has something to prove and should have a great opportunity to do so with Gillislee gone and not much proven completion on the roster behind McCoy.

Here are his college highlights from 2014.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSQBZWUznSI.

Sounds great

The way I read it was he was out there because he wanted to be out there. Conspiracy theories are much more interesting though.

what conspiracy theory are you referring to?

If he wasn't healed he shouldn't be practicing whether he wants to be or not.

If you're counting on Jordan Johnson to be the #2 RB you're much more likely to be disappointed.

J-Will gained his yards/TDs vs top flight SEC competition. He has legitimate R2 talent. The tape doesn't lie.

He couldn't perform at his best last year because he wasn't fully healthy, but he has proclaimed himself to be so this year so let's see what happens.

BTW, M. Tolbert will be used much more as a RB this season than as a FB so the Bills really only have ONE true FB on the roster. He will likely be the short yardage/goal line big back that the Bills have severely lacked the last several years. He's not a true FB in the sense that DiMarco is even though he weighs 250 lbs.

I have not clicked on this link, but the highlight video that I did watch a year ago makes me think that he reminds me of Travis Henry. No real top-end speed, but quick through the hole. Henry was an effective goal-line back because of this... hopefully that's AT LEAST what Williams is, and more, because he will likely be the first in line to back up Shady.

Note: I'm not saying Henry was ONLY a goal-line back, as he ran for some good yardage a couple seasons in a row, but I specifically remember him having a "nose for the end zone", punching it in frequently.

what conspiracy theory are you referring to?

If he wasn't healed he shouldn't be practicing whether he wants to be or not.

Why just the theory that Herc ran with and you intimated.

From your first post:

He made it sound like he was surprised they even put him out there.

I didn't read any surprise and I never considered "they" might be involved. The way I read it was a rookie felt that he had to be on the field, nothing more, nothing less.

I have not clicked on this link, but the highlight video that I did watch a year ago makes me think that he reminds me of Travis Henry. No real top-end speed, but quick through the hole. Henry was an effective goal-line back because of this... hopefully that's AT LEAST what Williams is, and more, because he will likely be the first in line to back up Shady.

Note: I'm not saying Henry was ONLY a goal-line back, as he ran for some good yardage a couple seasons in a row, but I specifically remember him having a "nose for the end zone", punching it in frequently.

Not sure what you're seeing, but he has plenty of top end speed. And he reminded me of Shady.

Why just the theory that Herc ran with and you intimated.

From your first post:

I didn't read any surprise and I never considered "they" might be involved. The way I read it was a rookie felt that he had to be on the field, nothing more, nothing less.

it is the team's duty to ensure he doesn't have a setback in the healing process. If his lack of productivity, speed, explosiveness, etc was due to the injury why was he playing? Why not let it fully heal? It's not even his decision. That was why I read it that way. He said he was not healed and couldnt even run or cut when he was drafted but that he went out there in minicamp and did the best he could. To me that raised questions. Not conspiracy theories.