Tiger Woods: the downward spiral continues

He was the only reason I bothered watching golf and I won't bother watching it voluntarily ever again.

Hmm I think watching Tiger was more like watching Barry Bonds, Sosa, and Big Mac hit jacks. You just knew it was to good to be true. Not that Tiger was/is the only golfer to use PED's but I find it odd that after Torrey Pines Tiger went off the grid just before the testing. How hurt was that knee?

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm I think watching Tiger was more like watching Barry Bonds, Sosa, and Big Mac hit jacks. You just knew it was to good to be true. Not that Tiger was/is the only golfer to use PED's but I find it odd that after Torrey Pines Tiger went off the grid just before the testing. How hurt was that knee?

I'm sure he was getting better PED advice than the '70's Steelers, but the body can only take so much. I can't say I was shocked at all when he started to break down. Money is less important than health and happiness (though a trifecta sounds awesome!).

I, too, was one who only watched golf on Sundays when Tiger was in contention.

If nothing else, it got me to enjoy watching golf and I now watch most of all of the majors, regardless of who's on the leaderboard.

As a lifelong baseball fan, the Bonds/Sosa/McGuire era disgusted me and I refused to give them a second thought. Since I was never a golf fan of any kind, Tiger's run didn't bother me at all ... in fact it sucked me in.

But I would imagine that a golf purist would despise what he's done to the record books and rightfully so.

I'm with Tom on this one, guessing that he's addicted to prescribed narcotics. I hope he gets the help he needs ASAP. Getting back on the links is nothing compared to getting off of those drugs.

I, too, was one who only watched golf on Sundays when Tiger was in contention.

If nothing else, it got me to enjoy watching golf and I now watch most of all of the majors, regardless of who's on the leaderboard.

As a lifelong baseball fan, the Bonds/Sosa/McGuire era disgusted me and I refused to give them a second thought. Since I was never a golf fan of any kind, Tiger's run didn't bother me at all ... in fact it sucked me in.

But I would imagine that a golf purist would despise what he's done to the record books and rightfully so.

I'm with Tom on this one, guessing that he's addicted to prescribed narcotics. I hope he gets the help he needs ASAP. Getting back on the links is nothing compared to getting off of those drugs.

I was still a kid when the home run race was in full swing so it was fun to watch but even we knew it wasn't legit. The golf thing doesn't bother me much because I don't play not do I watch. I do think it is a point that the general public often overlooks, Tiger's dominance is the same as Lance Armstrong, Bonds, Arod, etc. As you said, it sucks.

I was still a kid when the home run race was in full swing so it was fun to watch but even we knew it wasn't legit. The golf thing doesn't bother me much because I don't play not do I watch. I do think it is a point that the general public often overlooks, Tiger's dominance is the same as Lance Armstrong, Bonds, Arod, etc. As you said, it sucks.

who's the guy in football? who's the lance, barry, a-rod, tiger of the nfl?

james harrison? tom brady? garrison sandborne?

who's the guy in football? who's the lance, barry, a-rod, tiger of the nfl?

james harrison? tom brady? garrison sandborne?

I'm convinced adderal prescriptions are the new rage in the NFL. Being around a bunch of people who take it prescribed and from the street, Brady is that guy, Wilson also looked blasted on our MNF game.

I'm not sure if this is true, or not, but I heard John From Hemet caught Tiger pissing all over his house. This keeps getting weirder.

That can't be true. Because I heard that Tiger was asking Johnny Hammersticks to use his shower. Unless... wait a sec... do you think the two incidents are related?

If you Google "long-term effects of steroid use" all of the physical ailments and emotional issues fit Tiger to a "T".

I want to put money down the T thing comes true and he becomes a tranny in 20 years. It'll be on the LPGA breaking records.

justin bieber's dui was quite the chutzpah

billy joel

ryan welldunne

lindsay lohan

All small potatoes compared to a guy currently the 10th most popular athlete in the world, despite not having won a major in almost a decade. He was on top of the world, and many people like to see them tumble, the farther the better. He's all the top "stuff", money, sex, fame, etc.

All small potatoes compared to a guy currently the 10th most popular athlete in the world, despite not having won a major in almost a decade. He was on top of the world, and many people like to see them tumble, the farther the better. He's all the top "stuff", money, sex, fame, etc.

It's not the proudest part of our culture.

Anybody post the dashcam vid yet:

http://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/19507764/police-release-dashcam-video-dui-arrest-tiger-woods

"Woods told police he was taking several prescriptions, including two painkillers. Police said Woods was "cooperative as much as possible" and that he agreed to take a breath test and a urine test. He blew a 0.00 in the breath test.

In a statement released Monday night, Woods had said alcohol was not a factor in his arrest, which he said stemmed from an "unexpected reaction" to prescription medication."

[EDIT: I should have glanced up the thread... Oh well... Thanx 26Corner]

Edited by ExiledInIllinois