Rumor- Bills will entertain trade offers for Watkins?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's just trade all our young solid players before they hit FA.

All those draft picks and comp picks..... And no roster!

Whether people want to admit it or not I have always believed this team is rebuilding- and if there is anything I have learned as a Bills fan is that your rebuild does not start until you get your QB- just like a previous post mentioned, get the QB and the rest falls into place

You have to stay healthy to be good, and as of late...Watkins hasn't been healthy. Bottom line is he hasn't produced lately.

We are at a point where we have to decide whether to pay a guy who has shown to not stay on the field, and we are also a run first team that doesn't have a QB who can truly utilize a player of Sammys ability.

Getting another first round receiver on a rookie deal to grow with the next QB could work out much better than keeping Watkins at a high price while he underperforms due to the QB and possibly continues dealing with injuries (and the foot could be a long term problem).

I am a huge Watkins fan, but there is a case to be made that moving on from him and getting a good return makes some sense...especially if you look at where this team is now.

^^^^ Yeah, basically what Crusher said

Dumb if true. Billsy.

My prediction, if they trade Watkins for a pick they will use that pick for a.... WR or RB. Billsy. 👍🏻

I know this will incite quite a response - but I would be in favor of it, because I just don't think Watkins fits McD's plan for the long-term....I've said it before, if he plays for them this year, I think they move on.

You have to stay healthy to be good, and as of late...Watkins hasn't been healthy. Bottom line is he hasn't produced lately.

We are at a point where we have to decide whether to pay a guy who has shown to not stay on the field, and we are also a run first team that doesn't have a QB who can truly utilize a player of Sammys ability.

Getting another first round receiver on a rookie deal to grow with the next QB could work out much better than keeping Watkins at a high price while he underperforms due to the QB and possibly continues dealing with injuries (and the foot could be a long term problem).

I am a huge Watkins fan, but there is a case to be made that moving on from him and getting a good return makes some sense...especially if you look at where this team is now.

I agree. You can't get into the HoF while sitting out injured all the time.

Whether people want to admit it or not I have always believed this team is rebuilding- and if there is anything I have learned as a Bills fan is that your rebuild does not start until you get your QB- just like a previous post mentioned, get the QB and the rest falls into place

I doubt these guys would know a QB if they walked up and tapped us on the shoulder. I am starting to think Tyrod will be brought back in 2018.

Edited by jeffismagic

I know this will incite quite a response - but I would be in favor of it, because I just don't think Watkins fits McD's plan for the long-term....I've said it before, if he plays for them this year, I think they move on.

Jason Peters didn't fit in Jauron's plan either.........and he's still playing at a high level on his way to the HOF.

Marshawn Lynch didn't fit Chan Gailey's long term vision..........well, you get my point..........both those HC failures are out to pasture.

The over/under on McDermott is 3 seasons.

Sammy probably more like 9 more seasons.

Not sure when you guys are going to stop swallowing the hook from yet another cowboy HC with a big hat and no cattle.

Let them PROVE something for a change.

Number one asset a HC can have is being able to marry his systems to the talent in place.........drastic roster re-shaping has a near 100% fail rate........prove something too us McDermott and THEN MAYBE you can start disposing of the star players.

It would be massively stupid to get rid of Sammy but then again not picking up his option completely defied logic as well. Without question, even for the Sammy haters, it 100% diminished his trade value. So NOW you're going to trade him.....and expect sub-Brandin Cooks compensation? OMFG would that be stupid. I like a lot of what the new guys have done but don't understand their irrational emotional aversion to Watkins. It is bizarre.

Edited by 4merper4mer

How is this a bad plan. I would trade him for a second IN a SECOND! He is a bit of a head case, who can't stay on the field, who's contract is coming up. He barely cracked 1,000 years once in 3 years.

Apparently he is the most over valued player on this team by the fans.

About the source of this article:

Thank you for taking the time to learn more about Sports Talk 360 Website.

Sports Talk 360 is a privately run website run by a couple of lads who love their Rugby League, Australian Rules Football and NFL. The Sports Talk 360 team are a dedicated couple of lads who seek to bring you all the News and Rumours in the world of Rugby League.

We encourage you to get involved by leaving comments on our site and interacting with us.

We want your views whether you agree or disagree with us Good old banter between League fans is the whole point of this site. Thats the beauty of League everyone has an opinion and we are just as passionate as you!

Happy Memorial Day, Sammy isn't going anywhere this year except maybe IR.

It would be massively stupid to get rid of Sammy but then again not picking up his option completely defied logic as well. Without question, even for the Sammy haters, it 100% diminished his trade value. So NOW you're going to trade him.....and expect sub-Brandin Cooks compensation? OMFG would that be stupid. I like a lot of what the new guys have done but don't understand their irrational emotional aversion to Watkins. It is bizarre.

i am far from a sammy hater. i actually like him a lot. how i feel about what was given up to get him is irrelevant. he is a game changer when healthy and motivated, and i think he really wants to be one of the best ever. but does he want to be a buffalo bill? if the answer is yes, then do what it takes (within reason) to keep him. if not, then get the best possible value while you can.

Jason Peters didn't fit in Jauron's plan either.........and he's still playing at a high level on his way to the HOF.

Marshawn Lynch didn't fit Chan Gailey's long term vision..........well, you get my point..........both those HC failures are out to pasture.

The over/under on McDermott is 3 seasons.

Sammy probably more like 9 more seasons.

Not sure when you guys are going to stop swallowing the hook from yet another cowboy HC with a big hat and no cattle.

Let them PROVE something for a change.

Number one asset a HC can have is being able to marry his systems to the talent in place.........drastic roster re-shaping has a near 100% fail rate........prove something too us McDermott and THEN MAYBE you can start disposing of the star players.

My fear is that he's like a more Christian version of Josh McDaniels... his brief time in Buffalo will be cited repeatedly as his "learning experience" as he preps for his second go-round... just a fear, not a prediction. But this draft and stories like this one have me very spooked. My dad is going to die before this franchise gets things right, at this rate.

Totally agree on all accounts

How is this a bad plan. I would trade him for a second IN a SECOND! He is a bit of a head case, who can't stay on the field, who's contract is coming up. He barely cracked 1,000 years once in 3 years.

Apparently he is the most over valued player on this team by the fans.

I don't usually say this: this post is insane.