Rumor- Bills will entertain trade offers for Watkins?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrible reading comprehension has taken over.

The typical troll response; attack the reading comprehension because you can't skillfully articulate a position. Try getting acquainted with the English language before spouting off.

Btw, I've just reviewed a half dozen Watkins highlights without even trying. Can you find another Hardy?

Phucking trolls.

The typical troll response; attack the reading comprehension because you can't skillfully articulate a position. Try getting acquainted with the English language before spouting off.

Btw, I've just reviewed a half dozen Watkins highlights without even trying. Can you find another Hardy?

Phucking trolls.

Sorry man, it's all you. This guy below understood his comment in milliseconds!

I understood your comment in miliseconds. Just want you to know not all forum members have reading comprehension issues.

Incredible!

Sorry, the milliseconds comment made me laugh out loud and I had to poke fun.

Also, the trade hasn't been a disaster. It hasn't worked out, but it hasn't been a disaster. The Washington trade for RG3 was a disaster.

*shrug* A few days ago I'd made a point in this very thread, and received pretty trashy treatment by a TBD regular, and for what it's worth I wasn't being the least bit ridiculous.

One thing that maybe could happen would be closing threads like this before they get to 40 pages. BBMB loved trash like that, and it's because people would just argue for the sake of arguing. Just close the thread early, and it will stop the insanity, because the people who insist on being heard every second or two will be neutralized. I am sure of it.

I kind of like that idea too. When it comes time for a thread to die let's bury it. All that happens are hurt feelings and circular arguments.

I am going to reiterate something I said earlier in this thread. Apart from Sammy's injuries, one also needs to take into account the puzzling inability of the OC to target Watkins anywhere close to the number of times elite wrs are generally targeted. I don't know if that is a function of deficiency at qb or some other reason, but I do believe that Watkins' numbers would have been even better if we had a mentality less geared towards the run and a qb like Romo or Ryan, for instance. At minimum, one needs to include the context of offensive philosophy and quality of qb when evaluating Watkins as a player.

Edited by Dr. Who

Does anyone really think Sammy will be here after this year? I say not a chance and that is the reason I believe they should get a trade done as soon as possible.

That decision doesn't ultimately reside with Sammy.

I am going to reiterate something I said earlier in this thread. Apart from Sammy's injuries, one also needs to take into account the puzzling inability of the OC to target Watkins anywhere close to the number of times elite wrs are generally targeted. I don't know if that is a function of deficiency at qb or some other reason, but I do believe that Watkins' numbers would have been even better if we had a mentality less geared towards the run and a qb like Romo or Ryan, for instance. At minimum, one needs to include the context of offensive philosophy and quality of qb when evaluating Watkins as a player.

This is one of the primary reasons to view Watkins production from a per target perspective for relative comparison purposes.

Does anyone really think Sammy will be here after this year? I say not a chance and that is the reason I believe they should get a trade done as soon as possible.

You say not a chance based upon what? They have the option to franchise tag him if necessary.

I actually think the exact opposite. If he is healthy, he will produce. They aren't going to let him walk if that's the case. They were just protecting against the injury guarantee.

Or you truly don't understand what you're reading.

There was never a comparison of Hardy to Watkins.

Only that videos mean nothing because everyone has some. A good highlight reel does not an elite player make.

If you truly had a problem putting that together you might want to think about night school.

I get that you didn't compare Hardy to Watkins. I'll even grant you've made some good points.

But I don't understand the need for rude remarks. Rudeness just makes this forum less pleasant for everyone.

Edited by hondo in seattle

Hopefully this new coaching staff gets it....the last two could not resist playing him injured

He has been constantly banged up, I ask again...how many full weeks of practice has Watkins had while in Buffalo? The new coach seems like a stickler, I hope Watkins is healthy otherwise I see the potential for things to get toxic quickly. I don't see Sammy playing Sundays if he is sitting down all week. Just my two cents.

SAMMY IS GONE NO MATTER WHAT HE DOES !!

#1- the chances of sammy playing all 16 games is slim. the chances he gets a pro bowl nod are slimmer.

#2 - talent alone, exercising the 5th year option was a no brainer.

#3 - look at the Carolina Panthers current Salary Cap. the highest paid WR counts $2.5 mil against the cap.

http://www.spotrac.c...a-panthers/cap/

I love Sammy, he's a stud, but I don't think McD/Beane will commit franchise tag dollars to the WR position.

I also suspect Sammy's medicals, which are confidential, say his foot is not right and may need further rest and/or surgery, which to me, is the only reason for not exercising the 5th year option.