6th Round

7th Round (could lose to the Packers)

Possibly 5 picks in the top 110

I would love to see that

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills aren't going to release Patrick Dimarco like Rodak suggested. He might be the best fullback in the league and - more importantly - half of his 4 year, $8 million contract is guaranteed.

Problem with releasing Ryan Davis is that he's the only legit backup defensive end on the team.

Ducasse is much more likely. Hauschka only if Rehkow shocks in training camp and wins the PK job (not likely considering he's a punter).

Do guys like Corey Brown, Jeremy Butler, Leonard Johnson, Shareece Wright and Rod Streater count? Or does it only apply to those with multi-year deals?

Bills aren't going to release Patrick Dimarco like Rodak suggested. He might be the best fullback in the league and - more importantly - half of his 4 year, $8 million contract is guaranteed.

Problem with releasing Ryan Davis is that he's the only legit backup defensive end on the team.

Ducasse is much more likely. Hauschka only if Rehkow shocks in training camp and wins the PK job (not likely considering he's a punter).

Do guys like Corey Brown, Jeremy Butler, Leonard Johnson, Shareece Wright and Rod Streater count? Or does it only apply to those with multi-year deals?

https://overthecap.com/compensatory-draft-picks-cancellation-chart/

deadline has passed for FA to Qualify as part of this compensation so Streator and the other guys just signed don't count. See the link. Those are only guys who counted.

Edited by cba fan

If it comes down to Hauschka vs a 4th round pick that's a pretty easy decision IMO. At lot would depend on our team standing at that point, but Hauschka would need to be the best kicker in the league to be worth a 4th round pick.

There's a certain level of playing time / value that must be obtained to qualify for a pick and players signed after May 9th don't count. Those last guys you mentioned either didn't qualify or were after the deadline.

There's going to be a lot of guys cut in the preseason and I think we'll see some churn on the bottom ~10 guys or so on our roster.

If it comes down to Hauschka vs a 4th round pick that's a pretty easy decision IMO. At lot would depend on our team standing at that point, but Hauschka would need to be the best kicker in the league to be worth a 4th round pick.

My understanding is that even if we cut Hauschka before Week 10 (say he's playing lights out and won us a few games with clutch kicks) we can still bring him back afterwards and still qualify for the above comp pick scenario. Am I wrong?

Just playing devils advocate for all the Whaley haters. Maybe he planned on most of these FA he signed that counted against compensatory draft picks to be essentially a free 10 week trial. And would cut whatever he needed at that time to secure a 3rd and 4th rounder.

Of course all depending on how the season went. If they became essential to a clear and visible playoff run then of course they stay. Otherwise if season goes south, as it usually does around week 10, then cut them for the future and get the picks.

Just playing devils advocate for all the Whaley haters. Maybe he planned on most of these FA he signed that counted against compensatory draft picks to be essentially a free 10 week trial. And would cut whatever he needed at that time to secure a 3rd and 4th rounder.

Of course all depending on how the season went. If they became essential to a clear and visible playoff run then of course they stay. Otherwise if season goes south, as it usually does around week 10, then cut them for the future and get the picks.

So what your saying is complaining and moaning about comp picks in march and April is idiotic ??

So we could end up with

1st Round

1st Round (Chiefs)

2nd Round

3rd Round

3rd Round Compensation

4th Round

4th Round Compensation

5th Round

6th Round

7th Round (could lose to the Packers)

Possibly 5 picks in the top 110

That would set the team up nicely for the draft.

Did DW sign those players, I thought HC Sean as making the moves, lol

Is Rodak 100% correct that cutting those players b4 week 10 makes then vanish from the formula?

I had not previously ever heard this

I am not saying Rodak is wrong, but I thought after Jun 1st, the over the cap formula all ended?

I never thought any of these marginal signing amounted to much anyway

The 19 page hoopla about a Raiders guy who once caught 40 passes 4 years ago notwithstanding

A backup safety who only started 6 games in 4 years included

Of course a 3rd or 4th rounder is better long term for our Bills

But no way they release Dimarco, he is a stud blocking FB, integral to a running game

Tolbert maybe

jc

What a flawed system. With that said Ducasse is probably a cut already, Davis is a bubble guy and Holmes is on the team. Would it make sense to start the year with Holmes and see where you are mid season?

Yes the only downside would be putting him on IR and thusly not being able to cut him or any of them. Just my quick thought.

I did not know about the week 10 loophole. Real chance Davis Ducasse and Hauschka / Poyer are released prior to week 1. DiMarco will likely not be released.

I also did not realize that Goodwin and McCray being released by their teams could hurt the calculations for us.

So what your saying is complaining and moaning about comp picks in march and April is idiotic ??

Yes, if Rodak is right and teams can cut guys up to week 10 and then get the comp picks.

Rodak gave some info he claims lives on after the recent deadline, so it is proper and expected that fans who hope Bills can win someday by getting in position to draft a QB(if needed) next year, would very want to discuss.

It was my understanding the deadline passed and if you did not have a minus you were done. That only the loss column was affected if said players were cut up to week ten.

I think that ESPN sent a pretty clear message to all of their employees over the last few weeks...

i would still kick him in the small little rodent nuts he has the first chance i got if he ever came to Hammers.

For the record, I'd give Timmay a beer, because he's a damn good reporter disirregardless.

And, any Canadians coming to that lot that want to pass as journalists, well, popycock.

He was cut

So no

So if Barnidge signs, does that further complicate things?????

we are also past the deadline

i would still kick him in the small little rodent nuts he has the first chance i got if he ever came to Hammers.

Yeah, but you couldn't even handle Country Cletus at last year's opener...how you gonna handle Rodent?