ESPN: Seahawks Defense really resents Russell Wilson

Let's not kid ourselves. The Hawks offense has been, at best, inconsistent over the past two seasons. I get that Sherman is hard to handle, but he is smart and a hard worker. He's probably right, but he needs to find a better way get his point across. They are still a team and he may be dividing them.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he does seem like an incredible d-bag. but i wonder how much is him, and how much is this wrestling heel persona he has created for himself.

Part of me wonders if you kinda have to be that brash playing corner to have any degree of national profile. When you're as good as Sherman has been, he's still known best for being an mouthy bastard in the eyes of the typical fan.

Whereas Chris Harris of the Broncos, as PFF's 5-year leader of yards per coverage snap, is a complete unknown to many despite being ungodly gifted at his craft.

Part of me wonders if you kinda have to be that brash playing corner to have any degree of national profile. When you're as good as Sherman has been, he's still known best for being an mouthy bastard in the eyes of the typical fan.

Whereas Chris Harris of the Broncos, as PFF's 5-year leader of yards per coverage snap, is a complete unknown to many despite being ungodly gifted at his craft.

There is probably some truth to that.

yeah I saw that article. didn't bother reading. It's pretty obvious Sherman has had issues about that last play over the course of last season every time there was a goal line pass called by offense. The culture Pete Carroll has been fostering is one based on positive thinking and togetherness. Sherman should be cut honestly. Team and culture is more important than any single player.

Although in this example Sherman is probably the one portraying the culture that made the Seahawks successful. Whether we like it or not.

he does seem like an incredible d-bag. but i wonder how much is him, and how much is this wrestling heel persona he has created for himself.

I've always said that but if he's doing it at closed practices I have to wonder if there is even a line at this point or where he draws it

There are a lot of reasons not to like Sherman. One big reason is that the guy kind of cheats with drugs. I read somewhere that he took Adderal for "attention deficit disorder". Amphetamines could give him extra alertness and quicker reflexes. I think this ADD crap is just a way to cheat the system.

The article isn;t telling the whole story, or gossip, according to what I've read, again its just gossip

The rift is more between Sherman and Pete Carroll

The offensive captains and the defensive captains

The story is Carroll demands a very high level of excellence on his D, which Sherman feels they give him, year in and out

Then at the same time Carroll coddles the offense, demands no such excellence

Sherman is fed up with the inconsistency of his HC regarding the way he treats the two sides of the ball

And thus wants to play for another coach and another team that is more appreciative of his unit's collective play

He say's its not about his play, its about his team mates and unit being treated equally, and with more respect

jc

The dislike of Russ seems petty and jealous. But I will say I thought something was up with him before our MNF game there last year, when he did the interview in the tunnel and looked like he just had a pre-game date with "Molly." It was bizarre.

He talks like that all the time. He has been like that at NCstate and WI also.

My brain can hardly keep up with the speed of his words. And he sometimes gives an answer to a question that was not asked. It is kind of funny. I remember that MNF interview. I turned to my spouse and we just laughed as I said WHAT!!??

He is a winner. Where ever he goes he made the team better and they won. NFL has been a little different as that edge he had in HS and NCAA is dissipated a bit with all the NFL talent. Seattle I agree he has not been the HOF QB carrying the team. The D carries that team. But he does not beat himself either and can turn it on at times.

I agree with you: Not sure why anyone would not like him, especially since he toned down the God references he use to give every interview.

Edited by cba fan

I would argue that any team with a consistently elite defense is going to have some borderline crazy & tough dudes to get along with.

Russ is a top tier QB that still has lots of room to improve. That team is still so young, have they even peaked yet?

Edited by TheElectricCompany

The article isn;t telling the whole story, or gossip, according to what I've read, again its just gossip

The rift is more between Sherman and Pete Carroll

The offensive captains and the defensive captains

The story is Carroll demands a very high level of excellence on his D, which Sherman feels they give him, year in and out

Then at the same time Carroll coddles the offense, demands no such excellence

Sherman is fed up with the inconsistency of his HC regarding the way he treats the two sides of the ball

And thus wants to play for another coach and another team that is more appreciative of his unit's collective play

He say's its not about his play, its about his team mates and unit being treated equally, and with more respect

jc

Good luck Sherman. You think it is bad in Seattle? Just wait until you get a taste of some other NFL destinations. Just retire already before you kill someone.

A part of it is that many of the other black Seahawks players don't think Russ is black enough.

That is what everyone tells me also when I point out my DNA tests shows it links back to the cradle of life mom named Eve in Africa.