ESPN: Seahawks Defense really resents Russell Wilson

Hand the ball to Beastmode and he becomes SB MVP (the very reluctant media guy).

Throw for a TD and RW gets SB MVP (and we all know what happened)

You can`t force or manufacture glory....its earned and Beastmode deserved it whether the Seahags agreed or not.

Just my take from the moment it happened.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wilson doesn't have a top 3 RB in the NFL, for starters.

So you think with a top running game, Wilson could have a better offense? Say... the 6th highest scoring offense in the league?

Actually in their Super Bowl season in 2013, Seattle had the 18th most total yards (4th in rushing, 26th in passing) and were 9th in points per game. Very similar to the Bills offensive stats from 2015 and 2016.

I personally would not trade 2 1st round picks and a starting level QB for another QB that hasn't shown he can elevate the team around him. To be fair there are only about 4 of those QBs in the entire NFL right now and they're all about to retire.

So you think with a top running game, Wilson could have a better offense? Say... the 6th highest scoring offense in the league?

Actually in their Super Bowl season in 2013, Seattle had the 18th most total yards (4th in rushing, 26th in passing) and were 9th in points per game. Very similar to the Bills offensive stats from 2015 and 2016.

I personally would not trade 2 1st round picks and a starting level QB for another QB that hasn't shown he can elevate the team around him. To be fair there are only about 4 of those QBs in the entire NFL right now and they're all about to retire.

peoples heads just exploded

We could talk about the OL too.

debateable? please. it's not even close how good that defense is.

"You and I both know if Wilson and TT were on the same team, Wilson would win more games. It's just that simple. The rest is an attempt to pick at straws, again, to defend our boy."

We could talk about the OL too.

"You and I both know if Wilson and TT were on the same team, Wilson would win more games. It's just that simple. The rest is an attempt to pick at straws, again, to defend our boy."

Do we know it? That's the point. In our hearts we may feel that way but the numbers don't support a big difference recently. Russell Wilson was no better in 2016 than Tyrod Taylor. Now, I'm on record as saying that I would probably do it. I like Wilson more than most though.

I'm not a stats person so I don't care if their numbers are similar. Watching both play it is clear to me that Wilson is a more accurate passer when they do actually pass, a more disciplined and strategic runner, more polished in the pocket, and makes the throws when they need to be made more often than not. Stats don't really take those important things for a QB into account, other than the W-L column.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I'm not a stats person so I don't care if their numbers are similar. Watching both play it is clear to me that Wilson is a more accurate passer when they do actually pass, a more disciplined and strategic runner, more polished in the pocket, and makes the throws when they need to be made more often than not. Stats don't really take those important things for a QB into account, other than the W-L column.

I feel that way about Wilson too but I'm bullish. 5 games of 12 points or less though is terrifyingly pathetic. That is the same as the Browns. Now I am willing to chalk it up to a bad year and bad OL but that's awful. Edited by Kirby Jackson

I feel that way about Wilson too but I'm bullish. 5 games of 12 points or less though is terrifyingly pathetic. That is the same as the Browns. Now I am willing to chalk it up to a bad year and bad OL but that's awful.

i think I would also chalk it up to a bad year and brutal OL, but also they couldn't get their running game going. It will be interesting to see how Wilson looks this year with Lacy. He's a very good RB when at the right weight. If he continues to regress things will get ugly in that locker room. They also have no backup QB at this time (Boykin is very raw and very arrested). If they sign Kapernick as predicted, and Russ struggles, it would be interesting to see if a QB controversy emerges. Edited by YoloinOhio

Clear as day. Yolo on point.

i think I would also chalk it up to a bad year and brutal OL, but also they couldn't get their running game going. It will be interesting to see how Wilson looks this year with Lacy. He's a very good RB when at the right weight. If he continues to regress things will get ugly in that locker room. They also have no backup QB at this time (Boykin is very raw and very arrested). If they sign Kapernick as predicted, and Russ struggles, it would be interesting to see if a QB controversy emerges.

I could see those personalities on the defensive side of the ball throwing their support Kaep's way if things get ugly. It could be a mess in Seattle this year - or they could win the Super Bowl.

...also I meant to take issue with "disciplined and strategic runner." Ha ha, I much prefer the superior runner to the disciplined and strategic one. I'll give you the intangibles and the passing game (he's an underrated thrower) but I'm not giving you runner for the purposes of this analysis. :)

I could see those personalities on the defensive side of the ball throwing their support Kaep's way if things get ugly. It could be a mess in Seattle this year - or they could win the Super Bowl.

...also I meant to take issue with "disciplined and strategic runner." Ha ha, I much prefer the superior runner to the disciplined and strategic one. I'll give you the intangibles and the passing game (he's an underrated thrower) but I'm not giving you runner for the purposes of this analysis. :)

pretty much. Like I said, they are a future 30 for 30 going back to the golden Tate/Percy harvin drama

of course it is awesome to say you were champs...but you gotta think losing that 2nd superbowl to NE the way they did might muddy it up a little bit...that will stick with them for quite some time, much like the Falcons loss imo.

Sherman is a festering cyst...He has absolutely got to go... Carroll and Schneider probably realize that and are actively seeking a way out... A guy like #25 will eventually wear out his welcome anywhere.

Their offensive line talent the last two seasons has been TERRIBLE. It pretty much explains everything.

It has but they only have so many cap dollars.... they have to scrimp somewhere... they have paid 3 of the legion of boom, Bennett and Avril, Wagner at LB, then Wilson, Baldwin and Graham (don't be shocked if Graham is cut by the way) on offense... the cash has to come from somewhere. I read last season that they had the lowest cap spend on o-linemen in the whole league. In Wilson's rookie year they had the highest. I really think the Max Unger for Jimmy Graham trade was a terrible one for Seattle.

It has but they only have so many cap dollars.... they have to scrimp somewhere... they have paid 3 of the legion of boom, Bennett and Avril, Wagner at LB, then Wilson, Baldwin and Graham (don't be shocked if Graham is cut by the way) on offense... the cash has to come from somewhere. I read last season that they had the lowest cap spend on o-linemen in the whole league. In Wilson's rookie year they had the highest. I really think the Max Unger for Jimmy Graham trade was a terrible one for Seattle.

Gotta scrimp somewhere when you're paying your QB $20 million/year, even more so when you choose to invest heavily in all of your defensive stars. Just compare the Hawks' books: https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/seattle-seahawks/to the Pats': https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/new-england-patriots/. On the first list we see a lot of big #'s occupying the top of the list and on the second you see much lower numbers even at the very top. Brady takes the team-friendly deal and restructures regularly, allowing his team to sign the pieces they need, which are rarely big names and big splashes. Say what you will about having the best QB of all time or whatever, but a certain amount of their success can be attributed to Brady not being greedy.

You can even look at the list of QB contracts and the top 10 names are names that haven't been to the Super Bowl since their signed their respective extensions. It's still a team game.

Totally uncool. You sir, sound like a man that is very sick in the head. There is help available.

When you talk as much s#!@ as Sherman does, It's expected... I wouldn't WANT the guy to get hurt... But he might have it coming to him.

Edited by #34fan