Bills Release OT Cyrus Kouandjio and Sign WR Rod Streater

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another Whaley blunder. The guy was a terrible drafter and some people still can't understand why he was fired.

Let's hope he learns from it moving forward. Question number 3 for any sensible GM during the pre-draft meeting has got to be:

"When you have a car accident, do you typically wander off with or without your pants on?".

It's unreal some of the things that come out of professional sports.

No, get him out of here. I wish we had cut him before this.

Why?

Let's hope he learns from it moving forward. Question number 3 for any sensible GM during the pre-draft meeting has got to be:

"When you have a car accident, do you typically wander off with or without your pants on?".

It's unreal some of the things that come out of professional sports.

Maybe a better question would be "can you ever envision a scenario where you are driving a car without pants"?

You think a capable player would be released when 88 other players are staying?!? You believe that there are 88 better players currently on the roster? That's what you are saying. It's clearly a result of what happened last month (which as you admitted you know nothing about).

Why do you so fervently defend a now former member of the team? Why do you deflect from the fact he wasn't good enough to play under two coaching staffs and has (EDIT:now) been cut by a third?

And go figure, I'm defending the team's personnel decisions now. But you're not defending the team, only the player and, as an extension, the former GM who selected him.

Agenda? Nah, couldn't be.

Edited by BillsVet

Why do you so fervently defend a now former member of the team? Why do you deflect from the fact he wasn't good enough to play under two coaching staffs and has (EDIT:now) been cut by a third?

And go figure, I'm defending the team's personnel decisions now. But you're not defending the team, only the player and, as an extension, the former GM who selected him.

Agenda? Nah, couldn't be.

Why don't you answer the question? You either believe that there are 88 better players currently on the roster (as you said here: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/194140-bills-release-ot-cyrus-kouandjio-and-sign-wr-rod-streater/?p=4388054)you believe that his issues last month are the reason. You are trying to talk out of both sides of your mouth (as usual) and I called you out for it (as usual). What is the reason for his release?

I have never been a big CK fan. In fact, I think that I advocated releasing him after a year. He has made strides however and is a decent NFL tackle. He can play LT (which is rare). He will never live up to being a 2nd round pick but he is not worse than 88 other players on the roster. He belonged on the 53 without his off the field issues.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

He has looked like a pretty good LT. I'm sure he'll get a chance elsewhere as a guy who's still pretty young.

@ChrisTrapasso

Have 2 games left to evaluate, but in my '16 #Bills grades, Kouandjio had best "Efficiency Score" of any Buffalo OL. +6.6 grade on 193 snaps

True enough. But he oddly hasn't played well as a RT.

If you're going to be a backup tackle, you have to play both sides.

His deficiencies on the right side of the line, combined with the off field stuff, and he's not worth a roster spot in Beane's eyes.

Edited by hondo in seattle

When you combine having the knee of a 72 year old arthritic, are coming off major hip surgery, and then go cuckoo bananas...the move is a no brainer. Another great pick by Dougie Fresh, but all he does is find talent...right?

Will start at LT for the Patriots in 2017. :lol:

When you combine having the knee of a 72 year old arthritic, are coming off major hip surgery, and then go cuckoo bananas...the move is a no brainer. Another great pick by Dougie Fresh, but all he does is find talent...right?

Man, you sound more sour than a dumped ex-gf. Get over it already. You found another man. Go love him.

Knowing his injury situation, I was never a fan of the Kouandjio pick. Clearly, other teams passed on him. He never lived up to his press clippings at Alabama, either.

As others have pointed out, the current staff has no allegiance to the roster they inherited, and will be making unbiased evaluations in creating a roster to their liking.

^^

This is spot on

Man, you sound more sour than a dumped ex-gf. Get over it already. You found another man. Go love him.

Why, he is right.

Why don't you answer the question? You either believe that there are 88 better players currently on the roster (as you said here: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/194140-bills-release-ot-cyrus-kouandjio-and-sign-wr-rod-streater/?p=4388054) oryou believe that his issues last month are the reason. You are trying to talk out of both sides of your mouth (as usual) and I called you out for it (as usual). What is the reason for his release?

I have never been a big CK fan. In fact, I think that I advocated releasing him after a year. He has made strides however and is a decent NFL tackle. He can play LT (which is rare). He will never live up to being a 2nd round pick but he is not worse than 88 other players on the roster. He belonged on the 53 without his off the field injuries.

I've always loved your methodology. Ask a loaded question, demand an answer to said question, receive no suitable answer, and declare victory. It's brilliant. :lol:

Kouandjio's release occurred because

1. By all reports, to sign Streater.

2. They've drafted Dawkins and still have Mills with Glenn the starting LT. CK wasn't going to be in the mix at RT.

3. He offered cap savings(1M+ as a pre-June 1st cut).

4. His lack of versatility because it was likely he wouldn't start. Being a swing OT means playing both positions if called upon. CK can't do that.

This has nothing to do with conflating the argument by citing "88 players" nonsense.

Now, answer my question: Why are you on a never-ending crusade to defend all Whaley decisions? Why do you feign support of Whaley players now? What could possibly have happened to make your opinion moot?

If they cut Holmes, Ducasse, and Ryan Davis, they will be able to recoup a 3rd round pick for Gilmore. I think those guys were insurance in case the draft shook out in a way in which we did not pick up other players at those positions. I think this might have more to do with Holmes than zay Jones injury

Holmes isn't going anywhere and right now from the looks of things he has a real shot at being our #2. I hope it isn't depth due to Zay's injury being worse than we know. But Holmes will not be cut from this team. If anything, Tate should be worried... he's slowly losing his hold as a kick return man. Philly should feel the heat too.

So to be clear... you feel that releasing Kouandjio means we will have a 6-10 record this year? What record do you believe we would have if we had kept him on the roster?

4-12? ;)

In fairness to Whaley the Bills did have a big need at RT and I think they thought he (CK)could play there.

Why?

Maybe a better question would be "can you ever envision a scenario where you are driving a car without pants"?

Drive Thru? ;)

Kujo's release makes me sad. He started out his Bills career so bad that his O-line coach called him Venus De Milo to his face. But, he worked his tail off in the offseason, and has gotten progressively better every season since. Hope he lands somewhere, pants intact.