Bills Release OT Cyrus Kouandjio and Sign WR Rod Streater

I doubt the incident in the field contributed much and, if it is a mental health issue, releasing a player for that reason seems far-fetched.

It's another draft pick who didn't produce. And the new regime has no obligation to him, 2nd round pick or not. He couldn't get on the field as a 2nd round pick for the previous staffs. It's not a stretch to say the current HC and staff had the same opinion.

It's a HUGE reason for his release. He's the #2 LT, has some trade value (teams were sniffing around this offseason) and can play RT. Whatever happened last month is the main reason that he was released while 88 other players stayed. He wasn't the 90th best player on that roster. Put your agenda hat aside and put on your thinking cap.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't Minnesota sign both Remmers and Reiff to start? Pretty sure they still have Clemmings too--and I think they drafted the kid from TCU

Clemmings is absolute dog ****. I was one of those willing to take a chance on his physical gifts but he never developed.

Reiff/Remmers will start. Cyrus as backup LT and the winner of Sirles/Clemmings/Collins can stick around. Easton/Kerin/Isidora maybe fighting for 2 IOL depth spots.

@TyDunne

T Cyrus Kouandjio, drafted ahead of Davante Adams/Jarvis Landry/Jimmy Garoppolo/Stephon Tuitt/Carlos Hyde/Allen Robinson, has been released.

Ahhhh yes, I needed more salt in my wound...is it kosher pickling salt perhaps? That enhances the pain. Thanks Ty!!

CK is wasted talent - I he was a five-star recruit coming out of high school (as was Seantral) - those guys have higher success rates than most prospects. He just never got his head right (and possibly his hip).

Whaley had some bad luck here, coupled with a bad resource-allocation approach to the roster.

@TyDunne

T Cyrus Kouandjio, drafted ahead of Davante Adams/Jarvis Landry/Jimmy Garoppolo/Stephon Tuitt/Carlos Hyde/Allen Robinson, has been released.

Yup he was a terrible choice to draft at that spot. Some teams had him remove from their board completely due to his knees. He was completely over rated on this team.

Amazing. The Bills have a total of 3 players remaining from the 2014 draft. 6-10 do it again!

So to be clear... you feel that releasing Kouandjio means we will have a 6-10 record this year? What record do you believe we would have if we had kept him on the roster?

CK is wasted talent - I he was a five-star recruit coming out of high school (as was Seantral) - those guys have higher success rates than most prospects. He just never got his head right (and possibly his hip).

Whaley had some bad luck here, coupled with a bad resource-allocation approach to the roster.

Hard to overcome a botched knee surgery, especially given both his size and family history of arthritis. I'd love to see the medical assessment the team made on him. It's entirely possible that they thought that the effects wouldn't strike until later in life.

No they won't. Dareus' dead cap is over $38.5M. He's not going anywhere. Hughes' dead cap space is $10.7M. EVERY decision is made with the cap hit first. If it can be absorbed then they weigh the pros and cons. If it cannot be absorbed there is nothing further to discuss.

Not to mention, they're both pro-bowl caliber players. I don't know why fans are in such a rush to get rid of productive players.

The highlight of his Bills career? Probably his draft video when they kept showing those couple of plays where he slapped a d-lineman to the ground in college.

Good luck to the guy, but a complete waste of a second rounder.

They must not have been happy with his off-field issue or his commitment to recovery.

Looks like Mills will definitely be on the roster. With 7 spots on the team already locked up by Glenn, Richie, Wood, Miller, Mills, Dawkins, and Groy, I'll be very interested in how they handle the remainder of the roster with regard to OL.

There's one or two spots up for grabs among Henderson, Ola, Ducasse, and Lewis...all of whom have starting experience in the NFL.

Henderson will be Comeback Player of the Year.

That's right, I go big because I can't go home.

Is anyone concerned that the Bills signed another WR? Could this be a Zay Jones insurance policy or lack of belief behind Philly and Holmes?

If they cut Holmes, Ducasse, and Ryan Davis, they will be able to recoup a 3rd round pick for Gilmore. I think those guys were insurance in case the draft shook out in a way in which we did not pick up other players at those positions. I think this might have more to do with Holmes than zay Jones injury