Best Food To Take To Work For Lunch?

Tiberius

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Homemade Exlax laced cookies to catch the office kitchen thief! :)

Someone borrowed my recipe. :flirt:

I had pickled beets today. Variety is good. Not sure what time lunch is ? 3am or 12 noon. Guess I do 2 lunches

You are an honorary hobbit with 2nd lunches.

Turkey and provolone on toasted sour dough with s hint of Dijon and a side of chips, either jalepno or salt &vinegar

Turkey and provolone is an excellent combo. Good with Dijon or mayo, a little lettuce and a small amount of red onions..

Turkey and provolone on toasted sour dough with s hint of Dijon and a side of chips, either jalepno or salt &vinegar

We have a fully stocked kitchen at work.

I make a turkey/provolone frequently; multigrain bread, lettuce, avocado.

Sometimes I'll go roast beef or Chx salad.

But today I went out and got a burrito.

....followed by a Swedish massage and a ball rub? Jeez.

Hope your company kicks in the extra bucks for the "Happy Ending" too, after the ball rub of course...

...KD's does.

Oh, KD... :-) :-P Damn! They do that (company fully stocked kitchen) in the real working world & the workers would be fat as pigs, eating the company out of house and home! Like living w/my 19 year old son when he comes back from school, except he doesn't get fat... Where does the food go, hollow leg? LoL

My lunch... I try not to eat @ work. I am there for 12 hours on shift... It is a good time not to stuff my face. Why I lost the weight. Couple that w/giving up using the golf carts to get around and the weight seems to be held in check.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Breakfast - An Orange and a glass of water

Lunch - Martini's x3

Dinner - Whatever I feel like cooking ... I have a vegetarian wife, a vegan daughter (they take care of themselves) and a daughter who is a carnivore like me.

I'd be out! :blink:

My wife gets mad at me, but I get lazy with packing and probably go out like 3-4 times per week. If fast, then I usually grab like half a wrap and a cup of soup. But I like getting together folks too. Today, split a great wood Oven Neapolitan pizza with a buddy.

I'm too cheap for that!

Plus, I had slightly high blood pressure and am working to reduce the amount of sodium and while ham sandwiches are not perfect, I have with an apple and banana with it to be healthy. Blood pressure went down too after cutting high salt foods. And salt is in almost everything!

I try to eat things that keep my blood sugar steady as I am a diabetic.......

fruit and cheese trays, nuts, veggies, my day normally consists of

- Breakfast....we have a subway on campus....so some kind of chicken with lots of veggies on flatbread (for some reason I cant stand bread which is a good thing for me) this get some veggies and protein in my system early.

- 2 cups of morning coffee

- Lunch a fruit and cheese tray and nuts

- 2 cups of green tea

- seseme seeds through the day as a snack

Lots of water

Some sort of salad in the evening with lots of either chicken or salad

This seems to work for me.......also I make sure to have lots of lunchables in the fridge

this is slightly off topic but I work with a japanese woman who is very nice to everyone...except every day she has this soup for lunch that smells like tomato soup mixed with fish. It absolutely reeks.

this is slightly off topic but I work with a japanese woman who is very nice to everyone...except every day she has this soup for lunch that smells like tomato soup mixed with fish. It absolutely reeks.

i'm telling her you said that, and leaving out the nice to everyone part.