LB Gerald Hodges visiting-Edit: SIGNED!

This is a big move. Finding a starter at this point of the year is not easy. Great move by the Bills!!

My thoughts exactly. Maybe they were in contact with him all offseason. It's a big move. I wish it was a 2 year deal, but unlike Brown, I think if Hodges does well they will re-sign him.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good signing no doubt. Walks in as the immediate starting favorite for WLB. But why a 1 year deal? He's a young and decent player who should do well in this scheme. I can see another Z.Brown situation.

They'll have a lot more cap room next season and players often only want a one year deal this late in the game with the hopes of cashing in on their next deal.

Good signing no doubt. Walks in as the immediate starting favorite for WLB. But why a 1 year deal? He's a young and decent player who should do well in this scheme. I can see another Z.Brown situation.

Biggest difference between the 2 signings is there won't be regime change. The Bills would likely keep Hodges if he breaks out in 2017. Plus cap situation will be much more positive.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

If the team can add a safety from the crop on the market (Byrd, IAQ, Rashard Johnson) and lure Barnidge here, I'll feel a whole lot better about the level of competition to make the roster than I did a month ago.

Would you include Graham in that S group? He'd be a versatile back up.

Agreed.

Realistically.......probably too thin to avoid a long losing skid at some point in the season........but with an uptick in soft tissue health like that we've seen from coaches like Greggo and Marrone who insisted on excellent conditioning......they might be able to overcome some serious roster depletion earlier in the offseason.

Fwiw.......this may also be the other shoe in the Cyrus story. Yeah, he might have been cut for off-field reasons but it's also possible they wanted his scratch to help sign Hodges and possibly others.

I'd like to think that they'll overcome injuries; of course, the question is always which player and how severe

For a young guy coming off a solid year, there's only 2 paths: long-term/big-money deal or 1-year prove-it deal in a situation where you're likely to get the most snaps.

Biggest difference between the 2 signings is there won't be regime change. The Bills would likely keep Hodges if he breaks out in 2017. Plus cap situation will be much more positive.

Yes, that's still a couple years away...

Yes, that's still a couple years away...

Maybe. But everyone has to admit what the Bills did this year is different from anything we are use to over the last 15+ years. We would have to go back to Donahoe, but even Donahoe had trouble hiring the people he wanted. Still many financial restrictions and Ralph's veto power. Edited by TheTruthHurts

so

Hyde Poyer?

Darby White

Ragland

Hodges Alexander

Hughes Dareus Williams Lawson

and then sub Seymour for Rags/LorAx for Nickel?

who's this So guy out behind Darby and Hyde?

:)