LB Gerald Hodges visiting-Edit: SIGNED!

Graded out pretty close to Zach Brown last year. One of the top graded PFF LBs in free agency.

Former 49ers LB Gerald Hodges visiting BUF today. Former Chargers OL Orlando Franklin visiting JAGS. Former Det DE Devin Taylor visiting NYG

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/866647349480828929 Edited by TheTruthHurts

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8. Gerald Hodges, LB

Players with a very small sample size of play are some of the riskiest free agents around, but they can also provide major upgrades for minor investments if the sample size is small enough to keep them under the radar of most teams. Gerald Hodges played 584 snaps for the 49ers this past season. It was actually his third straight season with between 500 and 600 snaps, but was the first in which he put it all together instead of just flashing one facet of his game. Hodges became a major factor in the run game for the 49ers, notched three sacks and nine total pressures on the blitz, and improved his play in coverage dropping his passer rating allowed by more than 25 points over his previous career high. Hodges only really has one season of quality play to his name, but that season points to significant upside if a team can replicate that form.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-10-sleeper-free-agents-who-could-bring-surprise-upside/

Someone find Blokes...he's going to flip

I knew it!

Side note: it would shock me if he didn't sign quickly. Great fit and easily his best chance to start and earn a big-money contract next offseason.

Absolutely. Walks into the WLB spot the second he signs. Typically a stat-friendly role in a scheme like this, most 3-down ready player in the LB group.

Why is he still on the market? Money?

Git r done, Beaner

Because like rbs, lbs are always going to be slightly undervalued. Most are replacement level.

And maybe Beaner isn't the best nickname. :)

Congratulations on killing the best joke this place has probably ever had.

That joke has been dead and buried long ago.

Absolutely. Walks into the WLB spot the second he signs. Typically a stat-friendly role in a scheme like this, most 3-down ready player in the LB group.

Yep...he slides right into the Thomas Davis role, which is a nice corollary since he's a former safety as well.

Now we just need to find our Kuechly...Milano? :lol:

Yep...he slides right into the Thomas Davis role, which is a nice corollary since he's a former safety as well.

Now we just need to find our Kuechly...Milano? :lol:

I will pull the Ragland bandwagon on my own and everyone else kicking & screaming with it if I have to :D

This is no-brainer. Hodges starts at the weakest spot on the team immediately (besides for maybe FS). He fits what the Bills need. If they can land Hodges and/or Barnidge they will be in a great place. The LB depth would be pretty solid with Hodges, Brown, Ragland, Lorax, Humber, Milano and Vallejo. I've been saying for a while that the depth on the team wasn't the issue it was the starters in certain spots. Once you add a Zay Jones, Tre White and a Gerald Hodges all of a sudden your depth isn't so bad. Borderline starters get bumped to reserves, reserves move to the 3 deep and guys that don't belong on the roster get released.