LB Gerald Hodges visiting-Edit: SIGNED!

If Ragland shows up over 240, for a new coaching staff, in a new defense, after a lost rookie year, being a questionable scheme fit, he's a complete, utter moron.

I've been there myself after a serious knee injury. I was 17 and completely unprepared for it, put on a good 25-30 pounds while I was off my feet. Learned my lessons for the 2nd one.

With the right kind of medical advice and facilities to help him avoid the traps that I fell into, there's no reason that he shouldn't be at whatever weight the staff have set for him. Even if he's at 255-260 at the point of being cleared, there's still 2-3 months to lose that excess.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it has been noted that he's been on a "whirlwind FA tour" so sounds like it's one of his last visits

Week of March 9 - Visited Chiefs

Week of March 21 - Visited Seahawks

Week of May 10 - Visited Jets

Week of May 16 - Visited Colts, Patriots, and Jaguars

Week of May 22 - Visiting Bills & Giants

it has been noted that he's been on a "whirlwind FA tour" so sounds like it's one of his last visits

Yeah. He's met with everyone. Don't feel great about our prospects with a Giants visit tomorrow. Sorry, beaten down Bills fan syndrome speaking here.

Yeah. He's met with everyone. Don't feel great about our prospects with a Giants visit tomorrow. Sorry, beaten down Bills fan syndrome speaking here.

understood -and feel ya- but with so many visits (none of which 'didn't let him out of the room'), I think he's looking for the best fit and right deal. No idea what that is, but the Bills are obviously interested as they've waited for an opportunity to interview him. I'm sure we could accommodate any reasonable $$ deal he's looking for.

It will come down to money, scheme fit, and playing time. He's playing for this deal and the next deal. At this stage of career I don't think trying to get a ring, if at the expense of those other things, will be a big factor. He already visited with other contenders and didn't sign. Edited by YoloinOhio

I don't know.

Money probably trumps all. We do have the cap.

according to spotrac these are the cap space as of right now for each team:

Jags - $47.76 mil

Colts - $21.38 mil

Pats** - $20.74 mil

Jets - $13.94 mil

Seahawks - $9.93 mil

Bills - $8.35 mil

Giants - $7.76 mil

Chiefs - $2.45 mil

if its about money, then 5 teams are going to be able to beat us if they want to

Jags - $47.76 mil

Colts - $21.38 mil

Pats** - $20.74 mil

Jets - $13.94 mil

Seahawks - $9.93 mil

Bills - $8.35 mil

Giants - $7.76 mil

Chiefs - $2.45 mil

if its about money, then 5 teams are going to be able to beat us if they want to

It might be a scheme fit thing to......Hodges could really shine in McD's defense and he might be able to sell him on that

Same

Giants are a legit Super Bowl contender

---------------------------------------------

Perhaps, but like many have mentioned he walks in and IMMEDIATELY starts for the Bills. Don't believe that's the cast with the Giants. If he plans on parlaying this season into a big payday Buffalo would be the play as he would get maximum reps and exposure like Lorax and Z. Brown last year.

If Ragland shows up over 240, for a new coaching staff, in a new defense, after a lost rookie year, being a questionable scheme fit, he's a complete, utter moron.

When on radio last week, I believe Ragland admitted that he is 254lbs and was working on losing more weight as he works his way back.

It might be a scheme fit thing to......Hodges could really shine in McD's defense and he might be able to sell him on that

I agree..I was just answering Scottlaws cap quote...but yeah, some of the teams run a 3-4 and he might like a 4-3 better maybe..or he might like who's coaching and who's playing...I think its different for every player in FA

at age 26, he's playing for his next contract. His agent should be fired if he doesn't encourage him to sign where he will be featured and fit the scheme. If he was 30 it would be more about this contract which is likely only 1 year.

Jags - $47.76 mil

Colts - $21.38 mil

Pats** - $20.74 mil

Jets - $13.94 mil

Seahawks - $9.93 mil

Bills - $8.35 mil

Giants - $7.76 mil

Chiefs - $2.45 mil

This could be misleading based on cap room those teams have next year. Gotta remember a contract can always be structured to utilize projected future cap room now, somewhat similar to how we signed Clay.

This could be misleading based on cap room those teams have next year. Gotta remember a contract can always be structured to utilize projected future cap room now, somewhat similar to how we signed Clay.

It also has the minus effect of guaranteeing that money - essentially you can't cut him. I prefer that strategy to in-house guys, because you knwo what you're getting.