LB Gerald Hodges visiting-Edit: SIGNED!

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I do think a big whole has been filled the information that came out from McD on Charles Clay is a bit concerning....this is the first time that a front office person acknowledged that Clay is having knee problems.

Makes me REALLY wish we would have plucked one of the TE's from this draft this year.....I am REALLY hoping Logan Thomas can make the conversion to TE

John its been apparent from day one Clays knee(s) are an issue. I cant recall a 3 game stretch where he practiced as much as the rest of the team.

John its been apparent from day one Clays knee(s) are an issue. I cant recall a 3 game stretch where he practiced as much as the rest of the team.

Clay has every Wednesday (during the season) off built in because of his knee issues. It was apparent the year before they signed him.

Slow in college too. Only Rex wanted him because Rex is from 1985.

Gret college LB, not likely to be anything at all in the NFL.

If I'm not mistaken, he improved his 40 time by a full second from the combine to his pro day. 4.62 I believe. That's not really too slow. It puts him on par with some good lbers. Mix that in with his instincts, and i think he will be well worth his draft position for years to come. He will need to find his spot of course, but that onus is on McD. Im as thrilled today to see him play as i was he was drafted. He could very well be a beast in the middle. Tho i see him being interchangeable with all 3 lb spots...which should keep him on the field all 3 downs Edited by BuffAlone

If I'm not mistaken, he improved his 40 time by a full second from the combine to his pro day. 4.62 I believe. That's not really too slow. It puts him on par with some good lbers. Mix that in with his instincts, and i think he will be well worth his draft position for years to come. He will need to find his spot of course, but that onus is on McD. Im as thrilled today to see him play as i was he was drafted. He could very well be a beast in the middle. Tho i see him being interchangeable with all 3 lb spots...which should keep him on the field all 3 downs

A full second? He ran a 5.62 before? Dang that's slow.

Doc thinks "degenerative" means that the condition will improve with time and thinks spending more money means money better spent............so if even HE knows that 5.62 is slow......it's SLOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW. :beer:

Edited by #BADOL

If I'm not mistaken, he improved his 40 time by a full second from the combine to his pro day. 4.62 I believe. That's not really too slow. It puts him on par with some good lbers. Mix that in with his instincts, and i think he will be well worth his draft position for years to come. He will need to find his spot of course, but that onus is on McD. Im as thrilled today to see him play as i was he was drafted. He could very well be a beast in the middle. Tho i see him being interchangeable with all 3 lb spots...which should keep him on the field all 3 downs

He improved his 40 by .1 seconds

Has does he go from calling himself a throwback to only fitting in Rex's system to a full season injury to being interchangeable into all three LB slots in an actual NFL scheme?

Aliens?

Sorry...a full tenth lol

Has does he go from calling himself a throwback to only fitting in Rex's system to a full season injury to being interchangeable into all three LB slots in an actual NFL scheme?

Aliens?

Hey, I billieve in aliens lol!

Seriously tho, he's not too slow. He is as fast as Foster and the like. The kid can ball. Im expecting a great year from him. Injuries happen, but from coaches accounts, including Leslie Frazier, he can play olb if need be. Maybe not ideal, but quality. Again, as long as McD finds his best value, and the fact that he can play all three spots tells me we dont even know what we have yet. Just because he wasn't asked to do thosr things at Bama, dont mean he cant do them. The kid is an ace in the hole IMO. Im more curious to see who wins the other two spots, and where the three line up than I am to wonder whether or not he's gonna be a good player.

Doc thinks "degenerative" means that the condition will improve with time and thinks spending more money means money better spent............so if even HE knows that 5.62 is slow......it's SLOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW. :beer:

Swing and a miss. Try again.

Clay has every Wednesday (during the season) off built in because of his knee issues. It was apparent the year before they signed him.

yeah im aware of that Blokes. He has missed more than just the Wednesdays too. Also, if it was surgically repairable, why not do it and recover? It musnt be able to be repaired surgically, or the surgically repaired version isnt a rosy outlook. Im a tad concerned with him, however, I trust Mcdermott to ensure he fields the players that can perform the job hes trusting them to do with out limitations.

yeah im aware of that Blokes. He has missed more than just the Wednesdays too. Also, if it was surgically repairable, why not do it and recover? It musnt be able to be repaired surgically, or the surgically repaired version isnt a rosy outlook. Im a tad concerned with him, however, I trust Mcdermott to ensure he fields the players that can perform the job hes trusting them to do with out limitations.

They can repair it......well.......replace it.

His golf game will be fine either way post-career.

It's just a fluid buildup in the knee. Taking a look at his injury history, I can't see any specific injury that would've caused this problem so I assume he's got arthritis in the knee (I'm not a doc, don't trust me on that!). I think all they can do is regularly drain the fluid when it starts causing a problem with mobility.

I imagine that it'll only get worse as he gets older. Realistically, we just need to hope that he can trudge through the next two years and then cut our losses.

This is no-brainer. Hodges starts at the weakest spot on the team immediately (besides for maybe FS). He fits what the Bills need. If they can land Hodges and/or Barnidge they will be in a great place. The LB depth would be pretty solid with Hodges, Brown, Ragland, Lorax, Humber, Milano and Vallejo. I've been saying for a while that the depth on the team wasn't the issue it was the starters in certain spots. Once you add a Zay Jones, Tre White and a Gerald Hodges all of a sudden your depth isn't so bad. Borderline starters get bumped to reserves, reserves move to the 3 deep and guys that don't belong on the roster get released.

yep. Competitive roster. won't change much from here on out. time to keep em healthy, Coach em up and get em out there.

i love.him. and would roll the brinks truck up to his doorstep so he wouldn't need to walk too far to collect his cash

But, I'm a fan and not a NFL exec. I realize there are a lot of things at play I'm not "privy" to and just ultimately want the team to win.

Yea it would be terrible for him to sign the contract and walking up to brinks truck get injured.