LB Gerald Hodges visiting-Edit: SIGNED!

I would guess all season--NFL LBs regular wear numbers in the 40's now.

Markus Golden and Myles Jack come to mind, and I think Hassan Reddick took 43 for Arizona this year.

I thought Tanner Vallejo was 51?

Deion Jones wears #45 in ATL

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's in 51 now

I would guess all season--NFL LBs regular wear numbers in the 40's now.

Markus Golden and Myles Jack come to mind, and I think Hassan Reddick took 43 for Arizona this year.

I thought Tanner Vallejo was 51?

According to the Buffalo Bills official website, Hodges wears #40 & Vallejo wears #51.

@SalSports

Source tells me Gerald Hodges' deal with Bills is for the vet minimum for one year. That's a bargain for the team.

What a bargain. Hopefully it can turn into another contract offer after he plays well this year.

On a side note, was there no better financial options for him out there? Im curious as to why he signed fairly quickly in FA on a one year deal for vet min..Does anyone have any insight as to why?

What a bargain. Hopefully it can turn into another contract offer after he plays well this year.

On a side note, was there no better financial options for him out there? Im curious as to why he signed fairly quickly in FA on a one year deal for vet min..Does anyone have any insight as to why?

There's a chance that he's a bit of a problem child. Got benched by the ****ty 49ers for violation of team rules.

Honestly, with his play last year, I thought he'd sign long-term somewhere.

He signed almost three months after the start of free agency. Wouldn't say that's fairly quick.

Not sure if this was common knowledge (I hadn't heard it before - tried slogging back through this thread but might have missed it)

A league source has informed me that linebacker Gerald Hodges’ deal with the Bills is for the veteran minimum salary for one year.

https://t.co/moHzBiaM6Z

He signed almost three months after the start of free agency. Wouldn't say that's fairly quick.

My point was,there are STILL FA's out there, unsigned. I just wondered why the process went so quickly...regardless of what dates we are talking. He came for a visit, left, and signed rather quickly. So I wondered if there might not have been much interest in him elsewhere

There's a chance that he's a bit of a problem child. Got benched by the ****ty 49ers for violation of team rules.

Thanks! I thought the same thing. A one year deal at vet min was a good get. Hopefully he plays his way into another contract Edited by BuffAlone

I'd have a problem listening to Chip Kelly too. In fact I'd have a problem not punching his smug face repeatedly whilst laughing.

I hope that's the case... Not picking up his team option doesn't give me much hope it is the case.

Im not totally convinced they'll pay him even if he does have a great year and play all 16 games.

Not picking up Watkins option has more to do with the injury guarantee than anything else. Maybe the Bills saw that Hodges wasnt getting the love that he thought he would from other teams. Or maybe he thought he had the best chance to get on the field with the Bills to earn his next contract. I get so tired of "the Bills are cheap". Beane said they wont be making big splashes in free agency.