Will any FA signings happen before June 1st?

The Gary Barnidge talk died down pretty quick. Haven't heard about him visiting anywhere else. Is everyone waiting till June 1st? Do the Bills receive more cap money after 1st? Thought I read something about it but wasn't sure.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

June 1st isn't what it used to be...teams can cut players and designate them as June 1st cuts at start of FA...this time of year is mostly about teams watching other teams cuts as they fill 90 man with udfa' s

I was really on the "not worried about losing Gillisle train," but the more time that passes...I kind of hope we add a vet RB. I'm starting to really think about how many injuries this team usually has. I'd like to see another RB brough in. One that has some starting experience. Just incase Shady misses a month or something.

I was really on the "not worried about losing Gillisle train," but the more time that passes...I kind of hope we add a vet RB. I'm starting to really think about how many injuries this team usually has. I'd like to see another RB brough in. One that has some starting experience. Just incase Shady misses a month or something.

Me too. I guess we should see what we have in Cedric O'Neal and the kid from UB first, but Williams and Tolbert as the backups doesn't get me excited. I loved Williams coming out of Arkansas but he looked very pedestrian to me last year. Maybe coming off the foot surgery had him a bit apprehensive, but I'm praying that he's much better than he showed last year. I feel Tolbert is only here to help the locker room get adjusted to the new coach. I've never been a fan of his ability as a RB. Unless one of these new guys can show us something, I'd like to add another rb as well. Deangelo Williams makes a lot of sense, though I'm not sure he'd wan to come to Buffalo at this stage of his career

I know most people won't agree but I think Ray Rice would be a low risk high reward addition. He knows the system. He is a one cut runner. He would come for cheap and be happy to be here. Ray made a huge mistake in a drunken stupor. He has paid greatly for that mistake. Everyone in his family has forgiven him. Giving him a shot and letting him work in the Community could pay dividends at many levels. If he had any type of pattern of negative decisions I would not even think about this. He without sin please cast the first stone.

I know most people won't agree but I think Ray Rice would be a low risk high reward addition. He knows the system. He is a one cut runner. He would come for cheap and be happy to be here. Ray made a huge mistake in a drunken stupor. He has paid greatly for that mistake. Everyone in his family has forgiven him. Giving him a shot and letting him work in the Community could pay dividends at many levels. If he had any type of pattern of negative decisions I would not even think about this. He without sin please cast the first stone.

He's been out of the game way to long. No need for the baggage.

Why not Clinton Portis or Arian foster? They should know the system better than ray rice considering they actually played in it. Edited by Not at the table Karlos

The Gary Barnidge talk died down pretty quick. Haven't heard about him visiting anywhere else. Is everyone waiting till June 1st? Do the Bills receive more cap money after 1st? Thought I read something about it but wasn't sure.

Yes the Bills will gain $4.2 mil in cap space on June 1st as the cut designation for Aaron Williams goes into effect.

I'd like to see another TE brought in, but I'm not terribly worried about RB. I was a Gillislee fan and didn't want to see him leave, but I'll reserve judgment on the guys we have until I've seen them in training camp and a preseason game or two. Not too hard to bring a RB in late in TC.

Me too. I guess we should see what we have in Cedric O'Neal and the kid from UB first, but Williams and Tolbert as the backups doesn't get me excited. I loved Williams coming out of Arkansas but he looked very pedestrian to me last year. Maybe coming off the foot surgery had him a bit apprehensive, but I'm praying that he's much better than he showed last year. I feel Tolbert is only here to help the locker room get adjusted to the new coach. I've never been a fan of his ability as a RB. Unless one of these new guys can show us something, I'd like to add another rb as well. Deangelo Williams makes a lot of sense, though I'm not sure he'd wan to come to Buffalo at this stage of his career

Take a look at DeAngelo Wiliams numbers in Pittsburgh. The compare them to LeVeon Bell. Then compare how MG matched up against McCoy.

Williams was a pretty awful replacement in a pretty friendly offense.

The Gillislee loss predictably looks worse the closer they get to camp.

Pats played it very well.......got the Bills thinking they'd stolen another cheap season from MG........then rocked them with their surprise late offer at a time when the Bills were in draft mode and greedy for picks.

Everyone incorrectly assumed that they would just use one of their picks on a cheaper replacement in a RB strong draft........but the Bills ended up trading their earlier fifth round pick to move up for Dawkins so they basically have fumes to show for the transaction.

Keep in mind........Colin Brown once toppled a potential playoff season for the Bills by being the worst interior lineman in the NFL.........for a marginal team one glaring weakness created by losing one solid player can be a critical blow.

What he has paid is years away from the game. No thanks.

The Gillislee loss predictably looks worse the closer they get to camp.

The Gillislee loss will be felt big time this season. It could turn out to be the Bills biggest regret.