Will any FA signings happen before June 1st?

Take a look at DeAngelo Wiliams numbers in Pittsburgh. The compare them to LeVeon Bell. Then compare how MG matched up against McCoy.

Williams was a pretty awful replacement in a pretty friendly offense.

The Gillislee loss predictably looks worse the closer they get to camp.

Pats played it very well.......got the Bills thinking they'd stolen another cheap season from MG........then rocked them with their surprise late offer at a time when the Bills were in draft mode and greedy for picks.

Everyone incorrectly assumed that they would just use one of their picks on a cheaper replacement in a RB strong draft........but the Bills ended up trading their earlier fifth round pick to move up for Dawkins so they basically have fumes to show for the transaction.

Keep in mind........Colin Brown once toppled a potential playoff season for the Bills by being the worst interior lineman in the NFL.........for a marginal team one glaring weakness created by losing one solid player can be a critical blow.

So you have so much faith in your assessment of a player and their place on the team, that you can fabricate an entire scenario around it to back up your beliefs.

There's probably a psychological term for this behavior.

Do you ever think that the Bills didn't and don't share your value assessment of MG?

Or is your assessment so correct, that it has to be gross incompetence on others' parts when they don't agree?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take a look at DeAngelo Wiliams numbers in Pittsburgh. The compare them to LeVeon Bell. Then compare how MG matched up against McCoy.

Williams was a pretty awful replacement in a pretty friendly offense.

The Gillislee loss predictably looks worse the closer they get to camp.

Pats played it very well.......got the Bills thinking they'd stolen another cheap season from MG........then rocked them with their surprise late offer at a time when the Bills were in draft mode and greedy for picks.

Everyone incorrectly assumed that they would just use one of their picks on a cheaper replacement in a RB strong draft........but the Bills ended up trading their earlier fifth round pick to move up for Dawkins so they basically have fumes to show for the transaction.

Keep in mind........Colin Brown once toppled a potential playoff season for the Bills by being the worst interior lineman in the NFL.........for a marginal team one glaring weakness created by losing one solid player can be a critical blow.

When we doubt Jonathan Williams, remember Gillislee didn't do much his rookie season either -- in fact, they had the exact same ypc average. I love MG and would rather the Pats not have signed him, but he filled in marvelously when Karlos Williams seemed like a loss, and JWill could very well thrive behind Shady and a line that was one of the best run blocking units in the league and could be even better with the additions of DiMarco and Dawkins (and/or a healthy Cujo or Henderson). I've definitely been wrong before, but I highly doubt that the loss of a backup running back will be the difference during the season.

Edited by thurst44

The Gillislee loss will be felt big time this season. It could turn out to be the Bills biggest regret.

It could turn out to be my biggest break in FF in recent memory. I scooped Gillislee early last year just so McCoy's owner couldn't have him. Now he is going to be the featured RB in NE. :thumbsup:

The sad thing is many Bills fans would have predicted this if it turns out to be true.

While he was our back up RB he was valuable to the offense. But hey, Mr. Attention to detail knows more then everyone else.

Only time will tell.

All I know is MG did everything McCoy couldn't last year. Find the end zone in the red zone and pick up crucial first downs on third and short situations.

Time might tell who was right. The Bills may have made a mistake in letting him go. That doesn't mean they bungled the situation.

But time won't tell whether the Bills think the same way fans do, but instead of competently acting on that opinion, they bungle the process.

The getting outsmarted by NE train of thought is fabrication based upon posters thinking they have the correct opinion on the situation, and that the Bills shared​ that opinion.

???

How does making a mistake letting him go mean they didn't bungle the situation?

Isn't that the same thing?

What makes you think the Bills believe their actions were a mistake?

Your value for MG may not have been the same as the Bills value.

To assume your value is correct, and then apply that value the Bills actions leads to a world where you fictionalize the scenario to fit your assumptions.

It could turn out to be my biggest break in FF in recent memory. I scooped Gillislee early last year just so McCoy's owner couldn't have him. Now he is going to be the featured RB in NE. :thumbsup:

The problem with your theory is that in the past the RB position has been like the flavor of the week, with no one back being THE guy. Only time will tell.

So you have so much faith in your assessment of a player and their place on the team, that you can fabricate an entire scenario around it to back up your beliefs.

There's probably a psychological term for this behavior.

Do you ever think that the Bills didn't and don't share your value assessment of MG?

Or is your assessment so correct, that it has to be gross incompetence on others' parts when they don't agree?

Obviously they didn't otherwise they would have tendered him such that they wouldn't have lost him.

Not sure you understand the concept of a difference of opinion. :lol:

Obviously they didn't otherwise they would have tendered him such that they wouldn't have lost him.

Not sure you understand the concept of a difference of opinion. :lol:

Then if they didn't want him that badly, how can you be so sure they were outsmarted by NE?

You saying it doesn't make it true. You can't tell where your opinion ends and facts begin.

Scott, I am also amazed at how many fans claim we made a big big mistake how we dealt with Gilly and then at the same time say they really like all the moves our HC/GM Sean has made this off season

Funny, but true....

jc

Then if they didn't want him that badly, how can you be so sure they were outsmarted by NE?

You saying it doesn't make it true. You can't tell where your opinion ends and facts begin.

Again.......welcome to the message board concept.

If you don't have your own opinion, then why are you posting? :doh:

And how many decades of losing before you stop swallowing the hook and start developing your own opinions?

I'll hang up and listen.

Edited by #BADOL

What makes you think the Bills believe their actions were a mistake?

Your value for MG may not have been the same as the Bills value.

To assume your value is correct, and then apply that value the Bills actions leads to a world where you fictionalize the scenario to fit your assumptions.

With a little higher tender the Bills could have kept a very productive player. The difference in contracts for keeping him wasn't that great as to not keeping him. The Patriots structured their deal so that it would have been too prohibitive to keep him. But the mistake was placing themselves in a position that another team could poach him without us being able to realistically respond. Or another way of saying it is that the Pats outmaneuvered (outsmarted) us or the Bills outsmarted themselves.

The Bills are a marginal team that doesn't have an excess of talent. They needlessly allowed a very productive player to leave. Overspending on players isn't usually a smart approach to take. But spending a little more than you want to for someone who is productive isn't such a damaging proposition.

The McCoy/Gillislee tandem was a dymanic duo. They complimented each other and were collectively the centerpiece of our offense. The point others are making is that this departure didn't have to happen if there would have been more foresight in handling the player and his contract. It seems to me when all is said and done the Pats strategically acted while the Bills sloppily functioned. They got a little better and we got a little worse.

With a little higher tender the Bills could have kept a very productive player. The difference in contracts for keeping him wasn't that great as to not keeping him. The Patriots structured their deal so that it would have been too prohibitive to keep him. But the mistake was placing themselves in a position that another team could poach him without us being able to realistically respond. Or another way of saying it is that the Pats outmaneuvered (outsmarted) us or the Bills outsmarted themselves.

The Bills are a marginal team that doesn't have an excess of talent. They needlessly allowed a very productive player to leave. Overspending on players isn't usually a smart approach to take. But spending a little more than you want to for someone who is productive isn't such a damaging proposition.

The McCoy/Gillislee tandem was a dymanic duo. They complimented each other and were collectively the centerpiece of our offense. The point others are making is that this departure didn't have to happen if there would have been more foresight in handling the player and his contract. It seems to me when all is said and done the Pats strategically acted while the Bills sloppily functioned. They got a little better and we got a little worse.

there is no way this could have been put any better. i think it was a very stupid move by the bills fo. they knew for a year that they had no 4th round pick and couldn't even have the sense to tender him two dollars higher. it is gonna bite us in the a$$.

Edited by billsredneck1

Again.......welcome to the message board concept.

If you don't have your own opinion, then why are you posting? :doh:

And how many decades of losing before you stop swallowing the hook and start developing your own opinions?

I'll hang up and listen.

Learn where facts stop and your opinions start.

You declare the Bills incompetent in part because NE out smarted them. Post in a manner suggesting you're​ giving your opinion instead of stating facts and you won't get called out on your bull ****.

And the last half of your post is more complete bull ****, because I've never suggested nor insinuated I don't have an opinion about the state of the Bills. But there you go again posting declarations of your crap opinion as fact.

You really can't tell the difference can you?

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/narcissistic-personality-disorder/basics/definition/con-20025568

But that's just my opinion.

Learn where facts stop and your opinions start.

You declare the Bills incompetent in part because NE out smarted them. Post in a manner suggesting you're​ giving your opinion instead of stating facts and you won't get called out on your bull ****.

And the last half of your post is more complete bull ****, because I've never suggested nor insinuated I don't have an opinion about the state of the Bills. But there you go again posting declarations of your crap opinion as fact.

You really can't tell the difference can you?

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/narcissistic-personality-disorder/basics/definition/con-20025568

But that's just my opinion.

Oh I have a new troll.

3700 posts and never heard of ya'.........so apparently I don't argue the semantics of opinion when you express the ones you claim to have.

If you've got something to add to the discussion then do it rather than kill a thread with boredom. :doh:

I know most people won't agree but I think Ray Rice would be a low risk high reward addition. He knows the system. He is a one cut runner. He would come for cheap and be happy to be here. Ray made a huge mistake in a drunken stupor. He has paid greatly for that mistake. Everyone in his family has forgiven him. Giving him a shot and letting him work in the Community could pay dividends at many levels. If he had any type of pattern of negative decisions I would not even think about this. He without sin please cast the first stone.

Interesting take. I'd kinda forgotten about him. His actions were egregious, but there's certainly been enough 'doghouse' time for it, given how many 2nd chances are afforded star athletes.

BTW, love the Costa name. A good TE who transferred well to OT.