HOF player with worst teams in NFL history

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My vote would be Sanders but the Lions did have some success in the early 90's going to the NFC championship game and making the playoffs a few times after that.

Sanders made the playoffs 5/10 years. Not horrible, especially in that era. NFC was a monster in the 90's. Edited by TheTruthHurts

How about Marino?

Maybe Payton with colts? They won 1 game the year he dropped after being a perennial playoff team.

For a while, but hard for me to include people who played in Super Bowls.

Walter Payton and Lee Roy Selmon are both excellent choices. The teams Payton played on his first seven seasons were historically bad. I can only imagine the numbers he would have put up with better players around him. His QBs were Gary Huff/Bob Avellini/Mike Phipps/Vince Evans but he led his team in receptions 5 times. The receiving corps was even worse.

The game against the Vikings he ran for 275 yards the Bears won 10-7.

How about Marino?

Maybe Payton with colts? They won 1 game the year he dropped after being a perennial playoff team.

Yes Marino on the Dolphins is up there. Shula absolutely ran that team into the ground.

That is bad but Thomas' winning percentage through 10 seasons with the Browns is actually a tick worse at 30%. 48/160

And his rookie season in 2007 the Browns won 10 games missing the final wild card though. Throw out that first season and over the last 9 season Thomas and the Browns have a 26% winning percentage.

Jerry Hughes ate him up.