Bills scouting staff now finalized

Both guys understand the importance of a strong staff and aren't threatened by highly qualified people working under them.

Weird feeling the Bills finally got it right.

I haven't felt this type of confidence in what the Bills are doing in, well, I can't remember when... It's been a very long time.

I don't expect things to turn around next season. But I do finally feel like things are headed in the right direction.

I love the way both the HC and GM have filled out their staff. It's been impressive IMO.

Beane was on WGR (again) about 45 min ago and he said they are still working on some guys to get them out of contracts...

That was good interview. I am left more and more impressed every time I hear this guy talk. What a change...

I liked how he said that he won't just fill a job because it's open. He said they will make due this season without a director of college scouting if they don't get one of the guy's they want.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Odd to rehire guys we just canned. Hopefully no leaks or monkey business from them.

Not really, just cleaned house, then started back fresh with the folks they found best for the job. The new GM was on board when the new people were hired. No leftovers, all clearly chosen.

...and what's this about leaks or monkey business? Not even sure what that means.

Just that the guys that got fired might have anger because they were initially canned.

I'll bet they are glad to have a job, and maybe a nice raise. I totally get if they were to pick and chose who got fired. The fired would be pissed. To clean house then get brought back shows appreciation for the work you've done. It's like a badge of honor I'd think.

Just that the guys that got fired might have anger because they were initially canned.

I don't understand the logic of that theory. If it individuals were fired, maybe. But they were fired because the GM was. They were the victim of a broader business decision

I don't understand the logic of that theory. If it individuals were fired, maybe. But they were fired because the GM was. They were the victim of a broader business decision

...and I think it makes things easier for the new guy coming in to have an empty stable versus being forced to inherit......the dirty work was done for him...nothing precludes the "17" ( eerie; 17 scouts gone and maybe now 17 years of futility gone as well ??) from reapplying and new GM can interview who he wants to.....which he has now done (3 hired I think)..........

...and I think it makes things easier for the new guy coming in to have an empty stable versus being forced to inherit......the dirty work was done for him...nothing precludes the "17" ( eerie; 17 scouts gone and maybe now 17 years of futility gone as well ??) from reapplying and new GM can interview who he wants to.....which he has now done (3 hired I think)..........

certainly avoids the appearance of staff retention being forced upon the GM

Much more likely a huge sense of relief and a doubling of effort knowing there is a new boss in town with new expectations.

I still don't like bringing back guys. I'm sure they are thankful for their jobs back and won't hold ill will but a house cleaning is supposed to be just that. These guys have been apart of some miserable drafts and their opinions and reports are valued by higher up people in previous regimes. This is why I don't understand bringing them back

I still don't like bringing back guys. I'm sure they are thankful for their jobs back and won't hold ill will but a house cleaning is supposed to be just that. These guys have been apart of some miserable drafts and their opinions and reports are valued by higher up people in previous regimes. This is why I don't understand bringing them back

Nuanced, complex judgment involves being able to separate out individuals who perform well, even if as a whole one wants a fresh start.

Common sense says when the whole team is fired not every one is a bad apple. It's just a smart business move. Happens all the time when one company takes over another. I was happy to see some scouts stayed. A good new mix. I'm glad to see so many positive comments in this post.

Seriously? We are talking low level scouts.....