Bills scouting staff now finalized

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really?that does not make sense.. why wouldnt you hire people that you are familiar with? why would you hope that they hire people they no nothing about? OMG!

Sorry Dwight. It was meant as sarcasm to the kneejerk reaction that hiring anyone you're familiar with is automatically cronyism. We're on the same page.

@mikerodak

Bills have hired Lake Dawson as assistant director of college scouting. He was previously in Browns' scouting department

Whoops. Knew the good news would have to end.

The house cleaning at OBD makes me wonder what it would take to get a house cleaning at TBN? :)

Think the Pegulas want to invest in something new? Yeah, didn't think so.....

I don't know why I get so excited with every guy we hire, since I have little to no idea who they are. But to me, this just has a better feel than previous years. It won't be fast or easy, but I find it encouraging.

Obviously, surrounding yourself with experienced personnel will hopefully pay dividends, but it won't earn you wins. Ultimately, the players can only do that. One can only hope that the right players are placed on the roster that can break through and concur all the way to multiple playoff appearances and Super Bowl wins.

Hopefully, we are what the Pats used to be post Bledsoe. A team built to last and earn respect.

Please forgive me, but this is straight from the heart.. I haven't been this optimistic since the summer of '69.

......I'll let myself out.

When he is scouting a good team's DL he likes to say "I see monsters". Edited by 4merper4mer

So Marvin Allen took a demotion (from Director of College Scouting to National Scout) to come here? Hmmm...wonder what the story is here.

I think I remember reading that Marvin's contract was not renewed with the Chiefs.