Bills hire Marvin Allen, KC Dir College Scouting

The principle I was defending was getting your best people in place before the draft. The Indy GM was hired in January and ran the draft. Our GM came in after the draft. The GM is more important and you want your best personnel guys working together. If you like the new hires you will have to admit they played no role in the last draft.

You are morphing from making a case for your argument into crusading. You've made your point.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe these KC guys were let go because Andy Reid is seeing how awful and clueless Mahomes is during OTAs, and realizes now that he was suckered by the scouts. Perhaps these scouts were working as insiders for the Bills, and got KC to give up a number 1 pick for a QB rated as a 2nd or 3rd rounder?

Kool Aid? I was just looking for actual facts surrounding a well-hired front office to-date. You were looking for an argument with false truths as your backing. The consistency in your belief regarding the order in which the hiring was done is admirable, but at the same time sad. You have had numerous far more knowledgeable posters than you give you fact, which you continue to ignore, regarding the majority of organizations and the way in they handle front office shake-ups.

I'm all for discussion and takes from both sides, but this point should be moot.

This type of logical and coherent post makes it extremely difficult to read in Milton's voice, please refrain from that type of non sense in the future :thumbsup:

Huge hire if true!

We are putting together an all star front office IMO.

How can anyone be complaining over these hires? Or saying "more of the same"?

I can see being unsure of Beane at first, and what his role was vs McDermott. But hiring Schoen, Gaine and now Allen... I just don't see any way that they are just "yes men" to McDermott. They are all WAY too well respected around the NFL to come here and not have actual input into the players we pick. IMO They wouldn't have taken this job if that were the case.

I am thrilled with this front office staff. So far I couldn't have asked for more. I know it's early yet, but so far I think this is looking like the best front office staff we've had in decades. Obviously we have to wait and see what they do in Buffalo, but all of these guys have a good track record of identifying talent (especially Gaine and Allen, who I'm more familiar with than Schoen)

Lot of younger guys who've built up varied experience based. If they truly work in concert there's reason for optimism. You never know if talented young guys become successful old guys but they all seem more than qualified for their roles.

If Beane won't make that much of a difference then why celebrate his hiring? I am not negative on Beane himself. I just have no idea who is doing what and that has been the same Buffalo Bills deal we have had since Levy/Jauron/Modrak.

You don't have to understand anything. You have zero clue what's going on behind the scenes. Comparing this to levy/jauron/moderak or anyone else at this point is speculation on your part. You really don't know anything other than McDermott was hired before Beane and had an influence on him being hired.

Maybe these KC guys were let go because Andy Reid is seeing how awful and clueless Mahomes is during OTAs, and realizes now that he was suckered by the scouts. Perhaps these scouts were working as insiders for the Bills, and got KC to give up a number 1 pick for a QB rated as a 2nd or 3rd rounder?

Put the tin foil back in the pantry.

These guys had a plan and looks like its coming together. Put a list together of the people you wany if money isnt an option and go get them. If they wont be permitted to take the job, then move to the next one. I love it.

.....it's all happening fast with no apparent hesitation or "no thanks" to interview(s)......and the hires are "young gun top dawgs" versus recycled bottom feeders....pretty darn impressive...........

.....it's all happening fast with no apparent hesitation or "no thanks" to interview(s)......and the hires are "young gun top dawgs" versus recycled bottom feeders....pretty darn impressive...........

If you're the oldtime guy you seem to be, you've learned the lesson of the long time bills fan. It's better to be positive and angry later than angry all the time.

If you're the oldtime guy you seem to be, you've learned the lesson of the long time bills fan. It's better to be positive and angry later than angry all the time.

....55 years my friend going back to 1962......blew my life savings on Excedrin............ :thumbsup: