Brandon Beane's Introductory Presser at 10:30 AM ET

He gave a good answer about Overdorf. Non committal.

Overall Beane sounds good up there. Professional. Pretty much the opposite of Whaley.

Listening to Doug contort his way through press conference was brutal. This guy certainly sounds the part.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how is this different, seriously?

It's not. At all.

BUT Im going to take solace in that this seems to be the first true GM/HC duo we've had under this structure. Whaley never got to hire his own HC, but at least McD was allowed to hire his own GM. Hoping for the best.

@viccarucci

Beane on roster-building philosophy: "Going to build through the draft. Not going to see big splashes in free agency."

Beane is CHEAP!

At least Beane has the tie with team colors. You would have thought that someone in Sabres Land would have had a blue and gold tie for Botterill, just in case he showed up without one. LOL

Edited by LabattBlue

Beane is such a good communicator. His background in media relations is really showing. Much better than Terry and Doug. Him and McDermott will be good reps for the team

Yeah every-time Terry is pulled in and asked a question i cringe. It's like, just let Beane handle the talking here. Terry and Doug together were the worst. I'm gonna enjoy hearing from Beane. Hope this works out.

"Sean is a wrestler" DRINK!

Another impressive young man. I dare say the Bills and Sabres may finally be on the right track.

Hoping for the best! :thumbsup:

Will not be getting emotionally invested, or giving the Pegulas a dime of my money, until then though.

Another impressive young man. I dare say the Bills and Sabres may finally be on the right track.

It certainly is a breath of fresh air.

For all intents and purposes, it seems like McDermott is kind of the 'czar' that many of us wanted. The guy from outside the organization who finally throws open the shudders and allows the 2000s NFL to enter

Building through the draft is great.... If you resign those players once they hit or FA or before it gets to that point.

Please don't let Watkins walk out of here...

If you bothered to listen to the press conference you would have heard him say draft and sign those players (and he wasn't talking about the first contract).

I was left very impressed by Beane's opening press conference. Much more impressive than I initially thought when hired.

The guy is a fantastic public speaker. It would be a crime if they don't let him talk to the press more.

Building through the draft is great.... If you resign those players once they hit or FA or before it gets to that point.

Please don't let Watkins walk out of here...

You re-sign IF They are worth it and IF They don't price themselves out of the team. You still have to be smart with the contracts, draft them or not.

Good.

I'll repeat, don't let Watkins leave.

Unless he cant' stay on the field or does like Gilmore and thinks that he is worth more than he is. AGAIN... we have a TEAM to fill. We get every draft pick thinking they have to be paid top 5 in their position we can't field a team. Some stay, some go and right now, Sammy has shown me nothing to keep him. You don't make the club in the tub.