Brandon Beane's Introductory Presser at 10:30 AM ET

Normally when one hires a GM there are strengths or positives. I watched several Beane interviews and he gave very generic answers to everything.

Other than his prior relationship to the head coach, what do people see as the things Beane brings to the table?

Pot Luck? it has to be.....

Baked Beanes? ;)

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Normally when one hires a GM there are strengths or positives. I watched several Beane interviews and he gave very generic answers to everything.

Other than his prior relationship to the head coach, what do people see as the things Beane brings to the table?

You don't watch many press conferences from sports organizations, do you?

Doh! Forgot your agenda. Please carry on with the wailing and gnashing of teeth. Continue on with your crusade.

So you watch media interviews for an assessment of strengths and weaknesses? Wow just wow.......your bias is clouding any objectivity my friend. Need to reevaluate yourself.

So you watch media interviews for an assessment of strengths and weaknesses? Wow just wow.......your bias is clouding any objectivity my friend. Need to reevaluate yourself.

No, I watch press conferences to gather information. There was no vision shared with the fans. I looked at his background and he is admin guy with limited experience in scouting.

If the Bills want to sell us on Beane that's on them. I need more than commercials with a Bills fan hitting the back of a pickup truck. If you require less good for you.

You don't watch many press conferences from sports organizations, do you?

Doh! Forgot your agenda. Please carry on with the wailing and gnashing of teeth. Continue on with your crusade.

If asking questions is a crusade then I suggest you familiarize yourself more with the English language and what words actually mean.

Edited by jeffismagic

No, I watch press conferences to gather information. There was no vision shared with the fans. I looked at his background and he is admin guy with limited experience in scouting.

If the Bills want to sell us on Beane that's on them. I need more than commercials with a Bills fan hitting the back of a pickup truck. If you require less good for you.

If asking questions is a crusade then I suggest you familiarize yourself more with the English language and what words actually mean.

Whenever there is a press conference introducing a new HC, GM or player in any sport there is little to be gleaned from it. The standard comments from the new employee are cliche and platitude riddled. It really isn't worth dissecting because there is little substance to evaluate.

You are treating this as a press conference for a President or Governor where answering questions might prove useful and shed some light. This is not the situation here. This GM introductory press conference is a situation where saying little of substance is said because there is actually little to say.

Whenever there is a press conference introducing a new HC, GM or player in any sport there is little to be gleaned from it. The standard comments from the new employee are cliche and platitude riddled. It really isn't worth dissecting because there is little substance to evaluate.

You are treating this as a press conference for a President or Governor where answering questions might prove useful and shed some light. This is not the situation here. This GM introductory press conference is a situation where saying little of substance is said because there is actually little to say.

Correct. But there is always a chance that a nugget slips out. Low probability but I still watch anyway.

The Sabres GM had a press conference and I think I learned a bit. He was focused on pipeline between Rochester and Buffalo and player development. He also made an offhand remark about stacking assistant coaches to offset weaknesses of the head coach and I thought that sounded very smart.

To a limited degree, yes...but, I don't think that a team is under any obligation to let their folks walk.

no obligation, but they do. It's just how the league works, if the guy wants to take a promotion they let him. If they want to keep him they will have to find a way to match opportunity and pay. Everyone knows everyone in the scouting community and if a team is holding back their employees, it's just going right hurt them in the future.

@salsports

Brandon Beane tells @WGR550 it was "pretty much conveyed to him" that he'd be "next in line" as Panthers GM before moving on to Bills.

Beane- McDermott and him were on a plane together coming back from 49ers interviews (coincidentally). Sean got a text from Bills....

..but Beane didn't talk to McDermott again until combine (Bills suite was next to Panthers) then not until his interviews with Bills started

Beane says he's working on getting personnel staff right now but has been having discussions w/McDermott and staff about team needs.

Beane - At first it seems like a daunting task to build a front office, but I think I'm going to love having my hand print here #Bills

@wgr550

Beane on Joe Schoen - He's a young riser. He works hard, has experience in different areas. He's knows this division well #Bills

Beane- On offense we want to dictate to the defense, not the other way around. If you stack the box, we are going to throw it on you.

Beane - fundamentals of the game haven't changed. We want to dictate the defense what we're doing on offense before they dictate us #Bills

Edited by YoloinOhio

Jeremy White asks Beane if he would want to throw the ball and if there is NFL team we could envision as a model. Beane doesn't answer what team. His answer on throwing the ball more is something along the lines of blocking and fundamentals important too.

@wgr550

Beane - the box I can't check yet w/Sean is game management. We'll talk about that, and we're going to do test runs before the season #Bills

Beane - I'm gonna have a great feel for this roster before training camp. We can still make moves to improve the roster before Week 1 #Bills

Also he just said "IF Tyrod wins the job"

Fire up the WHOSDAQ

Edited by YoloinOhio