Offered a new job...Looking for your advice/opinions

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone!

I still haven't heard back yet. Doesn't help that his office is in Alberta which is 2 hours behind us here in Ontario.

I am certain I will hear something today.

Just don't like the fact that this trip to Calgary will feel rushed since I will find out today and then have to fly out on Monday.

Oh, did I mention I hate flying? lol

CBF

Make sure you get the time zones right.

A "consultant" came into our offices year ago, all talk and no book of business or brains.

After a year of nothing a potential client was located. A telephone meeting was set up for 10am Toronto-time. The client said "make sure you get the time zone right" and she went "yeah yeah yeah whatever.."

Well, the client was in the Maritimes and therefore AHEAD of Toronto, so she called way too late and her services were no longer required on the matter.

She soon thankfully disappeared.

UPDATE

I got the job!

Spoke to the manager this morning and he is personally covering the flight and hotel himself

I fly to Calgary Monday morning

CBF

Congrats CBF!

UPDATE

I got the job!

Spoke to the manager this morning and he is personally covering the flight and hotel himself

I fly to Calgary Monday morning

CBF

Awesome news! Best of luck in the new gig. :)

Thank you very much my friend!

I would be super excited but I have the WORST fear of flying so I am dreading this flight haha

CBF

Congrats. Have a couple drinks at the airport---and a couple more on the plane. Well, it works for me.

YAAAAAY!!!!

Suck it up and enjoy the flight.

Enjoy the scenery there.

Some day I hope to do a road trip with THAT hockey team of mine...CAL/EDM/VAN.

Best wishes on your training!

Safe travels to and from.

Thanks eveyone! Flight leaves in 4 hours!

CBF

I have found that after you get where you're going, it helps if you take your shoes and socks off, walk around on the carpet barefoot, and make fists with your toes.

I know. I know. It sounds crazy. But I've been doing it for nine years. Yes, sir. Better than a shower and a hot cup of coffee.