What if Peterman is better than Mahomes??

I screwed that up.....

Just curious, but is there any evidence that any team other than Kansas City was looking to trade up to pick Mahomes?

I don't have an exhaustive list but the NY Giants were trying as well. The Saints were going to pick him at 11 according to someone in their war room.

More confirmation today that the #Giants DID TRY AND TRADE UP for #Mahomes. Ben loves the kid. Very upset it didn't happen @AdamSchefter

http://www.bigblueview.com/2017/4/28/15479508/nfl-draft-rumors-ny-giants-patrick-mahomes-trade-chiefs-bills

Try reading the thread. People keep trying to discuss Baltimore's former backup QB and there are other threads for that.

Some people also keep trying to discuss the 49ers' former backup QB, and the QB Magician/Coach who traded two second round picks for him.

After considering the OP's "What if" question, I have to say something... -IT IS HIGHLY F___ING UNLIKELY that this scenario happens...

I was never a "draft Mahommes" drum-beater, but the kid has a rocket-launcher for an arm, and is (conservatively speaking) 10,000 times more athletic that Peterman EVER WAS.

I'm OK with Peterman... He wasn't a BAD pick... I respect his competitive nature, resourcefulness, and fearlessness on the field.... Mechanically, he's as sound as they come...

However,

I don't feel that the tools, the culture, and the structure are here for him to grow as fast as he potentially could... I mean, he would have to be one HELL of a kid to win the start here.

I expect Nate to drive the competition in TC & PS... Anything more than that would be a bonus..

I don't have an exhaustive list but the NY Giants were trying as well. The Saints were going to pick him at 11 according to someone in their war room.

More confirmation today that the #Giants DID TRY AND TRADE UP for #Mahomes. Ben loves the kid. Very upset it didn't happen @AdamSchefter

http://www.bigblueview.com/2017/4/28/15479508/nfl-draft-rumors-ny-giants-patrick-mahomes-trade-chiefs-bills

Meh, -McAdon't will be just FINE with Eli and Engram... The Gnats are in VERY good shape..

Edited by #34fan

That Mahomes kid might start a few games in 3 years once he learns how to play QB.

Take this plus QB guru Andy Reid ='s Superbowl.

BTW, take a look at 58 seconds in. Mahomes just toasts a cornerback that went in the first round this year!

Edited by jeffismagic

BTW, take a look at 58 seconds in. Mahomes just toasts a cornerback that went in the first round this year!

LOL the receiver was at least 2 steps in front of the CB. That wasn't a particularly impressive play at all. Is that really the kind of play that makes you think Mahomes is going to be a star? That's the most impressive throw you could pull from that video?

LOL the receiver was at least 2 steps in front of the CB. That wasn't a particularly impressive play at all. Is that really the kind of play that makes you think Mahomes is going to be a star? That's the most impressive throw you could pull from that video?

Man, that cornerback was burnt toast! Oh wait, he looks familiar...

Man, that cornerback was burnt toast! Oh wait, he looks familiar...

Based on exactly one play. Good work. Of course what you didn't mention is in that game Mahomes had a 50% completion and 6.6 YPA. But I mean he had a deep completion on a play where the CB stumbled so... superstar?

But there is always a silver lining! I noted where my savior posted how to make the ignore function work (post #244?). These are new times, and I'll have to adapt. I need to find the way to ignore the friggin' miserable people with no lives and no perspective. I've now begun to develop my list of people who add nothing positive, but drag the forum down into the mire. Sadly, that now seems necessary.

The worst part will be that some people will quote the Master Haters, so there will still be some exposure. Don't get me wrong, I know all is not perfect, but some people are just full of venom. Get over it and find a balance.

We could have a cool little contest to see who gets put on ignore the most!

The ignore feature is the last refuge of the feeble-minded. I'm just saying...

Then we jump up and down with joy and glee and laugh at the Chefs and all the talking heads.

Pretty funny that they can't advance in the playoffs but can afford a luxury pick at QB.

They give up 2 starters or really good depth for a reach project/probable bust thats 2yrs away minimum.

I was laughing draft night..

Whoo Hoo just went from UDFA to PS and it only took me 8yrs ;)

I guess I was a project player too;)

Then we jump up and down with joy and glee and laugh at the Chefsand all the talking heads.

Pretty funny that they can't advance in the playoffs but can afford a luxury pick at QB.

They give up 2 starters or really good depth for a reach project/probable bust thats 2yrs away minimum.

I was laughing draft night..

Whoo Hoo just went from UDFA to PS and it only took me 8yrs ;)

I guess I was a project player too;)

Looks great but who are the Chefs?

(Voiceover "Not going anywhere for a while. Grab a Snickers)

Great googly moogly

19-0 baby. No matter who starts

Not that I believe Peterman will be the starter, but it was encouraging to here Zay Jones say that Peterman already appeared to know the playbook and he was comfortable calling plays on day one of rookie camp. I have a feeling he will be a competent backup at a minimum.

We have two first round picks next year that along with a later pick is the capital to get us a franchise QB next year with a much better QB draft class. He also traded up as he knows the first three rounds are where you find starters.

It was a great draft and if Peterman works out, awesome. Either way we picked up two safety free agents, drafted Gilmore's replacement, and a WR to compliment Sammy. Lastly, we get a RT who is a road grater.