What if Peterman is better than Mahomes??

Teams tried to trade ahead of the Bills for Mahomes. Read the 49ers SI story. Just because you want to make a trade doesn't mean the other team has to agree. Bills first team to say yes to Kansas City who called people before Buffalo. Looks like McDermott's great trade not so hot for teams in the 9, 8, 7, etc spots.

The sense I got from piecing together the bits of evidence from stuff that is out there is that Kansas City had always targeted the Bills at #10 as their trade partner. They were active in calling teams ahead for fear that there might be a "jumper" (and my understanding is the Giants were the team they were most concerned about) who would spring ahead of them into the top 10. I think a lot of those calls were more "if other teams call you don't do a deal with them before speaking to us."

Teams tried to trade ahead of the Bills for Mahomes. Read the 49ers SI story. Just because you want to make a trade doesn't mean the other team has to agree. Bills first team to say yes to Kansas City who called people before Buffalo. Looks like McDermott's great trade not so hot for teams in the 9, 8, 7, etc spots.

9 spots...9 ahead of the Bills.

You see what the Eagles and Rams gave up for Goff and Wentz. Teams were not willing to give up that much for Mahomes.

Teams like the Saints who you said were salivating over Mahomes and they picked at #11....just one spot ahead of the Bills. They could have moved up a lot easier than the Chiefs at #27 but they stayed put.

Wrong Chiefs traded 2 number 1 picks and a 3rd rounder. Please just stop embarrassing your self. Big trade up for the next great QB. the Chiefs cleaned the Bills clock on that trade. To get the best player in the draft and a generational talent at QB.

You see what the Eagles and Rams gave up for Goff and Wentz. Teams were not willing to give up that much for Mahomes.

Teams like the Saints who you said were salivating over Mahomes and they picked at #11....just one spot ahead of the Bills. They could have moved up a lot easier than the Chiefs at #27 but they stayed put.

Edited by billsareback

Not every team wants to give up picks. Many of the teams that wanted him already have a franchise QB such as Drew Brees, Eli Manning, and Ben Roethlisberger. It's funny you demand a team with a HOF QB draft ANOTHER QB AND give up more two 1sts while you think the Bills strategy of dumpster diving with no franchise QB is sound.

Edited by jeffismagic

LOL great post + 1111111

Not every team wants to give up picks. Many of the teams that wanted him already have a franchise QB such as Drew Brees, Eli Manning, and Ben Roethlisberger. It's funny you demand a team with a HOF QB draft ANOTHER QB AND give up more two 1sts while you think the Bills strategy of dumpster diving with no franchise QB is sound.

The question posed in the original post for this thread was what would happen if Peterson turns out better than Mahomes. And the answer to that is pretty simple: the Bills will have made a good choice in waiting till later in the draft. Somehow in the 18 pages since this thread got hijacked by this jeff guy and the other guy (can't remember his name now) into some kind of call out thread about how Mahomes is going to be great andhow they're going to call out everyone for years to come and how supposedly so many people had him ranked as the next great QB (even though many didn't) and on and on and on. And to top things off the one guy started making physical tough guy on the Internet threats against people.

None of this stuff will be known for years of course. And if Mahomes does well good for him, and if Peterson does well good for him. And if they do bad then they'll just be in the majority of drafted QBs that don't work out. But as for the behavior of some in this thread, as a new guy coming over from BBMB, I just have to ask if this kind of hijacking and behavior is really supposed to be tolerated around here?

Wrong Chiefs traded 2 number 1 picks and a 3rd rounder. Please just stop embarrassing your self. Big trade up for the next great QB. the Chiefs cleaned the Bills clock on that trade. To get the best player in the draft and a generational talent at QB.

Other than you and the jeff guy, who had him as the best player in the draft? Who had him ranked above Garrett? I looked at a number fo sites leading up to the draft and not one of them I saw had this Mahomes kid ranked #1.

The question posed in the original post for this thread was what would happen if Peterson turns out better than Mahomes. And the answer to that is pretty simple: the Bills will have made a good choice in waiting till later in the draft. Somehow in the 18 pages since this thread got hijacked by this jeff guy and the other guy (can't remember his name now) into some kind of call out thread about how Mahomes is going to be great andhow they're going to call out everyone for years to come and how supposedly so many people had him ranked as the next great QB (even though many didn't) and on and on and on. And to top things off the one guy started making physical tough guy on the Internet threats against people.

None of this stuff will be known for years of course. And if Mahomes does well good for him, and if Peterson does well good for him. And if they do bad then they'll just be in the majority of drafted QBs that don't work out. But as for the behavior of some in this thread, as a new guy coming over from BBMB, I just have to ask if this kind of hijacking and behavior is really supposed to be tolerated around here?

Other than you and the jeff guy, who had him as the best player in the draft? Who had him ranked above Garrett? I looked at a number fo sites leading up to the draft and not one of them I saw had this Mahomes kid ranked #1.

The thread is to discuss how good Mahomes and Peterman will be. I can't help it if people don't want to discuss Nathan "Coach Pick" Peterman.

as a new guy coming over from BBMB, I just have to ask if this kind of hijacking and behavior is really supposed to be tolerated around here?

It isn't and it won't be I'm sure. Most of this will be gone when a mod turns up. Some of the conversation last night was embarrassing playground stuff.

Math isn't your strong point huh?

The Browns received 2 first round picks, a second, two 3rds and a 4th.

The Titans got two 1sts, two 2nds and two 3rds.

Gee...who gave up more? The Chiefs for Mahomes?

Edited by Teeflebees

Math isn't your strong point huh?

The Browns received 2 first round picks, a second, two 3rds and a 4th.

The Titans got two 1sts, two 2nds and two 3rds.

Gee...who gave up more? The Chiefs for Mahomes?

Yes, Carson Wentz and Jared Goff were overrated. Just as Josh Allen will be if he comes out.

Why don't the great QB guys take every great QB first? Same reason why Bills didn't take a QB this year. McDermott was all in with Tyrod. Reid had Michael Vick who had just got him to the playoffs the year before that one and he also had Kevin Kolb who he had drafted high.

in 2012 he had Vick and Trent Edwards. Kolb had been gone to Arizona for 2 years

Big Ben, Manning and Bree's are close to retirement. You don't think they're trying to find their successor? I mean you said the Saints, Steelers and Giants were "salivating".

LOL.

For the record I never used the word B word or threaten anything until teef called me his little B word. It's Teef that got this elevated. All I said is if he said that to my face in public he might be missing a few teeth. So get your facts straight. I'm just defending my self. Are the Bills winners in the last 17 years no there not, if you support something like they have been doing then your agreeing with it. So I'm calling it like I see it.

It isn't and it won't be I'm sure. Most of this will be gone when a mod turns up. Some of the conversation last night was embarrassing playground stuff.

Edited by billsareback

The thread is to discuss how good Mahomes and Peterman will be. I can't help it if people don't want to discuss Nathan "Coach Pick" Peterman.

No. It was to discuss if Peterson turns out better, and you hijacked it to continually run on and on about the other guy. I guess I didn't know that behavior was allowed around here.

Yes, Carson Wentz and Jared Goff were overrated. Just as Josh Allen will be if he comes out.

That's not at all what we were talking about...whether you overrated them or not.

I'm pretty sure you had Wentz as your #1 QB last year....

For the record I never used the word B word or threaten anything until he called me his little B word. It's Teef that got this elevated. All I said is if he said that to my face in public he might be missing a few teethSo get your facts straight. I'm just defending my self. Are the Bills winners in the last 17 years no there not, if you support something like they have been doing then your agreeing with it. So I'm calling it like I see it.

LOL!!!!

in 2012 he had Vick and Trent Edwards. Kolb had been gone to Arizona for 2 years

I just looked at the roster for the Eagles. I didn't realize they had John Dorenbos! Bills found him first!

No. It was to discuss if Peterson turns out better, and you hijacked it to continually run on and on about the other guy. I guess I didn't know that behavior was allowed around here.

The thread is about both. Most people are debating the one. If you want to get Peterman fever going then it is on you my friend.

What's the matter can't handle a little discussion. I wish you wishy washer fans would just leave this thread so real passionate fans can get down to discussing real issues the Bills have. To hope that the mods will save your Snow Flake eyes from reading about the truth of what's going on is pathetic

Edited by billsareback

What's the matter can't handle a little discussion. I wish you wishy washer fans would just leave this thread so real passionate fables can get down to discussing real issues the Bills have. Got to run or hope the mods will save your Snow Flake eyes from reading about the truth of what's going on.

I think you've got passion and crying mixed up.

Peterman Fever now that's a slogan Russ Brandon can run with that will keep this fairy tale going. You know the one where the Bills don't make the playoffs for 17 years and counting. Should sell at least 5,000 more season tickets with that one. Most of the gullible fans on this thread will be all in.

I just looked at the roster for the Eagles. I didn't realize they had John Dorenbos! Bills found him first!

The thread is about both. Most people are debating the one. If you want to get Peterman fever going then it is on you my friend.

Edited by billsareback

Why did a Quarterback Magician like Andy Reid pass on Derek Carr in 2014 when all he had was the ultimate check-down QB, Alex Smith?

Andy Reid gave Alex Smith 4 seasons. Since he is a QB guru we should give Tyrod another 2 seasons before we think about bringing in another QB.