What if Peterman is better than Mahomes??

You mean like 17 years of patience. Really that sounds like fun so your ok with waiting 10 more years to make the playoffs. That sounds like so much FUN, Give me a break

He likes to tell people where to go, it's his thing. Rational discussion? Not so much.....If you are not willing to wait for the RIGHT QB, you just might get the next EJ. THAT would be a mistake. Sometimes patience is the best plan.

Edited by billsareback

I watch a couple of his games , what impressed the most was his arm strength , he did made some great throws ,

But for every good throw there's 3 that just makes you scratch your head and wonder what the hell was he thinking , now not an expert by any means but IMO his mechanics and decision making is what scares me about him , maybe all that could be fixed by a great QB coach I don't know , if yes he looks like a B Fabre type ,

IMO the most impressive thing about Mahomes is his arm strength ,

Again this is just my opinion about the kid , and if Bills were going to draft a QB in the first round I was hopping it would be him , but I'm not upset at all that we didn't take him , and I'm pretty happy about having 2 first round picks for next year

He's not an easy prospect to evaluate because he is unique. What I noticed was the lightning release. That ball just comes out real fast. Very good accuracy in the pocket or on the move. And the rocket on his arm just creates a lot of stress on defenders. His pocket presence is great, he has that it quality there for me.

I think Derek Carr was a good comparable. Carr had the best arm in his class but got attacked for playing in a gimmicky, spread offense with poor mechanics. I think the mechanics is way overblown. If a QB can get the ball where he wants it to go that's the important thing. Mahomes' ability to throw off platform is a huge+ to me as NFL defenses are on you quick and you don't always have a clean pocket.

One person I talked to before the draft said he believes Mahomes will be better than Dak Prescott and Derek Carr.

In the NFL draft, you never get to draft perfect prospects. Waiting for the perfect QB is a bad idea because Elways come along once a generation. If you have a very good NFL prospect that you think can be a top ten NFL player you run to the podium. I hope the Bills change their ways with regards to QB play. Time to start valuing the position.

Yeah, enough with the 17 years. Your thing is just to be angry, not realistic. Show some maturity. I think someone may need a time out...... We find that effective with my grandson on occasion.

Hey, again I've been told where to go! I told you that was his thing.... :)

No...that is what YOU are discussing.....lets at least get it straight

And make it STOP!

BINGO the best post in this thread. Sort of like when the Bills drafted Jim Kelly 12th in the first round and Miami drafted Dan Marino 26th in the first round of the NFL draft. Yes the experts had Elway as a generational QB so he was the one. But guess what the Bills and Dolphins did something they took a chance. BINGO franchise was changed forever. That's what Mahomes was now he's a Chief. I'm sure Andy Reid will be sending a Christmas card every year thanking the Bills as he starts winning Super Bowls with Mahomes.

He's not an easy prospect to evaluate because he is unique. What I noticed was the lightning release. That ball just comes out real fast. Very good accuracy in the pocket or on the move. And the rocket on his arm just creates a lot of stress on defenders. His pocket presence is great, he has that it quality there for me.

I think Derek Carr was a good comparable. Carr had the best arm in his class but got attacked for playing in a gimmicky, spread offense with poor mechanics. I think the mechanics is way overblown. If a QB can get the ball where he wants it to go that's the important thing. Mahomes' ability to throw off platform is a huge+ to me as NFL defenses are on you quick and you don't always have a clean pocket.

One person I talked to before the draft said he believes Mahomes will be better than Dak Prescott and Derek Carr.

In the NFL draft, you never get to draft perfect prospects. Waiting for the perfect QB is a bad idea because Elways come along once a generation. If you have a very good NFL prospect that you think can be a top ten NFL player you run to the podium. I hope the Bills change their ways with regards to QB play. Time to start valuing the position.

Edited by billsareback

I liked him more then any other QB in this years draft , and If he works out and become a franchise QB this will look a brilliant move by the Chiefs , but what if Peterman turns out to be a great QB for the Bills ? And a steal in the 5th round I guess will find out in few years from now ,

I liked him more then any other QB in this years draft , and If he works out and become a franchise QB this will look a brilliant move by the Chiefs , but what if Peterman turns out to be a great QB for the Bills ? And a steal in the 5th round I guess will find out in few years from now ,

I stated Peterman would go in the 5th round before the draft. I don't think he slipped. He went where he should have. Of course I hope he does something but that's all it is. Hope. As a prospect I see Peterman as a coach pick. Kind of like Savage in Houston. He actually made me think of a younger version of T.J. Yates. That's who I think we drafted.

Said everyone about every qb taken before Tom Brady in his draft.

It's hysterical how they are so unequivocal on this topic. It's certainly possible, but they act like it's a certainty. If the Bills think the odds are better next year and they have a plan to go in that direction (as appears may be the case), I applaud them!

If you have to make a trick shot or throwing video your not very good. I think there's another QB that did that and he's out of the NFL. The good news for the Chiefs is Mahomes performs his trick shot throws on the move in real games just like Farve and Rogers. The Chiefs new what they were doing.

Andy Reid has already stated Mahomes is getting better every practice. A scary thought

Have you been reading Kansas City rookie minicamp reports? Just go root for them if you love Mahomes that much. Also are you serious with this? EJ Manuel had similar things said about him. Pump the brakes a bit.

The Bottom line is if you don't draft a QB in the first 3 rounds your likely not to find a franchise QB. Regardless if it was Mahomes or Watson. There is a group of us that is tired of this crap and the losing. If you support that way of thinking we feel you are supporting this loser mentallity and you In fact become that way. Resist this at all costs, 17 years and counting, when will you people supporting this way of thinking change your ways. . Your like a wife that keeps getting slapped around and keeps going back for more. Your pathetic for supporting this. I will call you out for doing this everytime. WAKE the F-up

Brady

Warner

Both HOFers

And Prescott from last year.

It is finding the right QB that's important not where you draft him. You can continue to call people out as long as you understand it's acting like a 3 year old and that you're being laughed at.

You talked to one person. Statistically N=1 has no meaning.

It's hysterical how they are so unequivocal on this topic. It's certainly possible, but they act like it's a certainty. If the Bills think the odds are better next year and they have a plan to go in that direction (as appears may be the case), I applaud them!

It's not exactly like anyone's going out in a limb saying the qb taken first in his draft might be better than someone taken in the fifth round but to act like it's an absolute certainty is someone who may have limited experience in watching NFL football.

It almost never pans out the way the "experts" say it's going to.

BINGO the best post in this thread. Sort of like when the Bills drafted Jim Kelly 12th in the first round and Miami drafted Dan Marino 26th in the first round of the NFL draft. Yes the experts had Elway as a generational QB so he was the one. But guess what the Bills and Dolphins did something they took a chance. BINGO franchise was changed forever. That's what Mahomes was now he's a Chief. I'm sure Andy Reid will be sending a Christmas card every year thanking the Bills as he starts winning Super Bowls with Mahomes.

OR

He will bust and the bills will be laughing all the way to the bank with that 1st rounder they picked up.

I stated Peterman would go in the 5th round before the draft. I don't think he slipped. He went where he should have. Of course I hope he does something but that's all it is. Hope. As a prospect I see Peterman as a coach pick. Kind of like Savage in Houston. He actually made me think of a younger version of T.J. Yates. That's who I think we drafted.

Look Jeff I feel your passion for a franchise QB and to say it's long overdue would be an understatement , but like many on here already said ( and I agree with them ) him working out for the Chiefs doesn't mean he works out for us , maybe a Peterman TYPE a QB is better suited for what the coaches envision to run their offense ? I'm just speculating I don't know , but I do know that every one on here just like you would want nothing more then to find our next Jim Kelly , but if there's one in the next years draft we at least have the ammunition to go get one !!!

OR

He will bust and the bills will be laughing all the way to the bank with that 1st rounder they picked up.

Or Mahomes will be good and (1) Tyrod will continue to improve, (2) the Bills will grab an excellent QB in next years draft or (3) Cardale or Peterman will turn out to be a good NFL QB. If any of those three things happens, then Jeff and Billsareback will have been wrong, regardless how good Mahomes turns out to be.

Jeff...you really seem like a decent guy. Are you sure you want to hitch yourself to the billsareback wagon?

Too late...

If you have to make a trick shot or throwing video your not very good. I think there's another QB that did that and he's out of the NFL. The good news for the Chiefs is Mahomes performs his trick shot throws on the move in real games just like Farve and Rogers. The Chiefs new what they were doing.

do you know the difference between your & you're?

obviously not but you know football and how teams should be run. yet if fans that have no control of how they are run and support the team, they're losers?

according to the almighty billsareback.

here's some advice, since you're so obsessed with the chiefs and their draft pick and you really are not a fan of buffalo and their loser ways, go to their board and be a fan of that team and take your buddy with you. I mean since they know what they're doing and all.

it's funny how some of the vets here complain about bbmb who came here as bad posters, no denying there were/are a few but they have had their own real winners lurking about here as evident in this thread...

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

He likes to tell people where to go, it's his thing. Rational discussion? Not so much.....

If you are not willing to wait for the RIGHT QB, you just might get the next EJ. THAT would be a mistake. Sometimes patience is the best plan.

Good point about waiting for the right guy ! and NOT and I can't stress that enough NOT making another EJ rush and grab a QB type of mistake

do you know the difference between your & you're?

obviously not but you know football and how teams should be run yet if fans that have no control of how they are run and support the team, they're losers?

according to the almighty billsareback.

here's some advice, since you're so obsessed with the chiefs and their draft pick and you really are not a fan of buffalo and their loser ways, go to their board and be a fan of that team and take your buddy with you. I mean since they know what they're doing and all.

it's funny how some of the vets here complain about bbmb who came here as bad posters, no denying that but they have had their own real winners lurking about here as evident in this thread...

Have you been reading Kansas City rookie minicamp reports? Just go root for them if you love Mahomes that much. Also are you serious with this? EJ Manuel had similar things said about him. Pump the brakes a bit.

Go root for another team guy x 2 = no bueno.