The Patriots will need to choose between Marcia and Janeane

Inevitably, the @Patriots will have to choose between Tom Brady and Jimmy Garoppolo. @tomecurran #Patriots

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/tom-e-curran-eventually-new-england-patriots-choose-jimmy-garoppolo-over-tom-brady

CURRAN: THE PATRIOTS, TOM BRADY AND THE GATHERING STORM

Today, on the three-year anniversary of the Patriots drafting Jimmy Garoppolo, the Jimmy over Tommy possibility remains real.

More probable than not? Not quite. But with the draft passing and Garoppolo remaining in New England, the Tom Brady Doomsday Clock inched closer to midnight.

The decision the greatest coach in NFL history will eventually make about the greatest quarterback in NFL history will alter their legacies and color the perception of all they built in a nearly two-decade collaboration with the Patriots.

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way off shore a tsunami gathers.

The question is how far off shore is it and how long will it take to get here.

As long as Brady is playing at a high level, the Patriots are never going to cut ties with him.

It's not as easy to replace a GOAT quarterback as it is anyone else on the team.

Pats are loading up on talent for one more super bowl run. If they win it this year I think they part ways with Brady and go with Garrapolo. That said a lot with them keeping both guys. It's going to be a Montana/Young or Favre/Rodgers situation in NE and they will need to make a decision after this season with Garrapolo due to become a free agent

Way off shore a tsunami gathers.

The question is how far off shore is it and how long will it take to get here.

As long as Brady is playing at a high level, the Patriots are never going to cut ties with him.

It's not as easy to replace a GOAT quarterback as it is anyone else on the team.

If I was a pats fan I wouldn't be upset if this was Brady's last year. He will be 40 at the start of this season.

I don't know if JG will be the guy but if they feel like they have someone to take a shot with transitioning to, what's worst case? You miss out on 1 year of Brady playing well and the replacement flops?

We have the Brady is almost done thread every year since 2012 but I think this is his last year as the guy. Maaaaaybe 2 more.

Pats are loading up on talent for one more super bowl run. If they win it this year I think they part ways with Brady and go with Garrapolo. That said a lot with them keeping both guys. It's going to be a Montana/Young or Favre/Rodgers situation in NE and they will need to make a decision after this season with Garrapolo due to become a free agent

Even if they decide JG isn't the guy it'll be time to go hard at a replacement in the draft.

If I was a pats fan I wouldn't be upset if this was Brady's last year. He will be 40 at the start of this season.

I don't know if JG will be the guy but if they feel like they have someone to take a shot with transitioning to, what's worst case? You miss out on 1 year of Brady playing well and the replacement flops?

We have the Brady is almost done thread every year since 2012 but I think this is his last year as the guy. Maaaaaybe 2 more.

Even if they decide JG isn't the guy it'll be time to go hard at a replacement in the draft.

I would be totally okay with them cutting him too early and watching him win a Superbowl somewhere else.

Well not totally okay. But I would laugh at the mighty infallible Patriots for effing that one up. Can't wait. Please let it happen. Even if it was with the Jets or Miami. Okay.. Now I am losing it.

Edited by PolishDave

I would be totally okay with them cutting him too early and watching him win a Superbowl somewhere else.

Well not totally okay. But I would laugh at the mighty infallible Patriots for effing that one up. Can't wait. Please let it happen. Even if it was with the Jets or Miami. Okay.. Now I am losing it.

i would have some happiness seeing him go somewhere else and totally fall off a cliff. End his career as Favre, stumbling and bumbling from team to team before retiring. But... wont happen. I think if the Pats* part ways with him, he will retire.

They kept JG because no one was offering a 1st rounder for him. It will be interesting to see what they do after the season.

Hopefully Brady will pull a Favre and come to a certain division rival. But this is wishful thinking I find it doubtful they cut Brady loose. This reporter is smoking some serious medical grade.

Edited by manbeast

Regardless of age why would you let a guy go the season after winning a Super Bowl? I don't know if this theory seems plausible.

Regardless of age why would you let a guy go the season after winning a Super Bowl? I don't know if this theory seems plausible.

They've done it to all of their former stars. They dump them just before their decline. It's only a matter of time