The Patriots will need to choose between Marcia and Janeane

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They still have a great cap situation - it wouldn't surprise me to see them tag jimmy and get 2 more years out of Brady.

I don't care - I just want Brady gone. Fans there think they'll continue to dominate with JG, but they're dreaming if they think he'll be close to Brady. He looked good for a half a game last season - but let's see him after dc's get a read on his weaknesses. Let's see him when he's down a few scores, or has to come up big at the end of a game. His durability is also a big question mark.

Bring on the Garropolo era.

I suspect a similar outcome; just Brady retiring instead of being cut or traded. I know there is a lot of bravado about Brady wanting to play until he's 70 but I think he buys into the Marv Levy theory that when you start talking about retirement you are already retired. I suspect he and the Patriots have already had discussions about him leaving after this year.

Montana and Favre wanted to keep playing after their teams were done with them too. The great ones almost always end up playing a few seasons too long. Look at Michael Jordan. He was completely irrelevant for the last like 5 seasons of his career. It would pretty sad to watch

Steve is a laughing stock because Cher always was the show stealer, but, Steve was a really a fine musician in his own right. I, personally, don't think that he deserves all of the derision he has received over the years.

I completely agree. Steve was always overshadowed. The Pippen to Cher's Jordan. If Steve had gone solo or had been paired with not as bright a star, like a Garfunkel for example, I think we would judge his career very differently.

They will ride that horse until it's broke

No... they will ride that horse until .... in typical Patsies style they can trade it for some rediculous number of first round picks..... they do seem to have a knack of knowing when to let people go and getting great picks for them ...

Montana and Favre wanted to keep playing after their teams were done with them too. The great ones almost always end up playing a few seasons too long. Look at Michael Jordan. He was completely irrelevant for the last like 5 seasons of his career. It would pretty sad to watch

The problem was Montana and Farve were not what they once were. Timeless Tom is far from showing a steady decline.

The problem was Montana and Farve were not what they once were. Timeless Tom is far from showing a steady decline.

This is the entire point. There are no QB's from the past who you can compare Brady. What he is doing at his age is unprecedented. If he begins to decline this season then we can talk about Jimmy G replacing him. It's ridiculous to talk about Jimmy G taking over using a scenario where Brady wins a title this season.

I would be totally okay with them cutting him too early and watching him win a Superbowl somewhere else.

Well not totally okay. But I would laugh at the mighty infallible Patriots for effing that one up. Can't wait. Please let it happen. Even if it was with the Jets or Miami. Okay.. Now I am losing it.

Pats do usually part with someone a bit early than a bit too late. But with Marcia it might be different.

I really think Brady will be the exception....He means so much to that organisation....Kraft looks at him as a son....they are not trading Tom freaking Brady....Plus, as someone else mentioned, he's still the best QB in the league and we haven't seen anything telling us that he won't be next year...we're all hoping he'll decline....but I don't see it happening in 2017....or 2018.....the guy is a Borg.....resistance is futile.....

Edited by Iron Maiden

I really think Brady will be the exception....He means so much to that organisation....Kraft looks at him as a son....they are not trading Tom freaking Brady....Plus, as someone else mentioned, he's still the best QB in the league and we haven't seen anything telling us that he won't be next year...we're all hoping he'll decline....but I don't see it happening in 2017....or 2018.....the guy is a Borg.....resistance is futile.....

True. I wish we could say that there was some hint of a decline in Brady during the last couple years. But if there was, I didn't notice it. But usually the decline starts with an injury; it isn't a true gradual diminishing of skills. It's the injury that comes in a player's mid-late 30s (very often earlier) that the player just can't seem to get past the way he used to. So I'm still thinking it'll come in the next couple years ... that hope is what keeps me watching the AFC East ...

I agree it seems crazy... but this was written by Boston sports media.

I heard a Boston sports guy on NFLR today who made me wonder. He made a compelling argument. (He may have been the guy who wrote the piece.)

Edited by Augie

I don't think Brady wants to go out the Peyton way with people feeling sorry for him the last year. I know he won a Superbowl in his final game but he was so broken down that final season it was hard to watch. I think he will want to go with people saying "he could still play if the call comes." I think that is how his ego will want to go.

Edited by GunnerBill