Beane hired as GM

Yeah I don't know, just looking at resumes I thought Gutekunst was easily the best option. Coming from the Packers organization alone is pretty good in my book. But the Pegulas want McDermott to have all the power so now we'll have to wait and see if their judgment was right.

I would have given serious consideration to Gutekunst. I think pegulas and mcD wanted a smooth transition and quick ramp up.

the contract really is a statement for the fans.

Terry and Kim gave Sean what he wanted seems likely to me

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If McD is still the guy making the calls, the GM hire is not as important as it traditionally is. I would think these two are on the same page so it's a good hire until proven otherwise.

i read it selectively.

their board is trash. between having the photos and adopt a player, they have gif and images as signatures - it's almost all girls in bikini's which totally reeks of insecurities as a man because most of them are just Carolina trash. If you have been to carolina, you know the trash that i speak of...

there is no rational thoguht process on that board. their discussions always result as cam newton is god and everyone else is keeping him from winning a super bowl.

9/17/2017 baby. Kick some Panther trash! ASS

Edited by horned dogs

its key !

The Blame Game will be starting soon enough I suppose.

This is pretty cool because of the continuity. (recall those arguments here ? )

But i think they will get off to a quick start at least and be on the same page.

the quality of the storybook being written is yet to unfold.

Dear Bills,

I remain,

faithfully yours

3rdand12

Highway run...into the midnight sun...wheels go round and round...you're on my mind...restless hearts, sleep alone tonight...sending all my love, along the wire...they say the road ain't no place to start a family...right down the line it's been you and me...and lovin a music man, ain't always what it's supposed to be...oh girl, you stand by me...I'm forever yours- FAITHFULLY :nana:

Sham search.

It's sad that a GM who works well answering to his rookie coach is paramount to finding the best man for the job. Should we start the fire Beane and McD thread now? There's just no way this is going to work out.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0653719129089383532-4

Statement from Bills owner Terry Pegula on hiring Tuesday of Panthers assistant GM Brandon Beane as Bills GM: "During our search for a new General Manager, Brandon stood out to Kim and I as he embodies the type of leader and type of person we want in our organization. Brandon has excelled in a variety of roles for a Panthers team that has consistently competed at a high-level in this league. We feel his vast understanding and experience in many facets of football operations will be invaluable to our club moving forward. We also believe his vision for the Buffalo Bills combined with his detailed approach will help build a foundation for sustained success. We are pleased to welcome Brandon and his family to Buffalo."

That is simply not accurate Mr Pegs....2 SB appearance in 19 years and no trophies to show does not equal " high level ".......We need to set the bar higher than that....

Having said that, we now have our own BB....can't be a bad thing can it ?

I doubt it, but sharing a vision is not the same as agreeing on everything.

Same vision. McDermott is s defensive coach and Beane has an offensive background...but make know mistake about it. McDermott will be making the call on offensive players too.

Highway run...into the midnight sun...wheels go round and round...you're on my mind...restless hearts, sleep alone tonight...sending all my love, along the wire...they say the road ain't no place to start a family...right down the line it's been you and me...and lovin a music man, ain't always what it's supposed to be...oh girl, you stand by me...I'm forever yours- FAITHFULLY :nana:

Most excellent Ja !!

Sham search.

It's sad that a GM who works well answering to his rookie coach is paramount to finding the best man for the job. Should we start the fire Beane and McD thread now? There's just no way this is going to work out.

noted