Which QB Gets the Call First?

Romo, Kaepernick and Cutler ...

Can you imagine if these three guys were available to the Raiders when Carr went down?

It's gonna happen to at least one contender. It always does.

Which of these three QBs will end up starting a playoff game this season?

Romo and Cutler are commentators now so I doubt they will answer the phone unless it was the Cowboys or Patriots or similar situation. They check their caller ID and it says a 716 number and they send it staight to voicemail. Kap is done. Too much drama and too little talent. I'd take a shot on an unknown before picking him up from the scrap pile

Kapernick and Cutler are terrible. If a team wants to call them, go ahead. I hope it's a team we play more then once. Both of those guys are completely finnished. Romo is done. If he wanted to still play, he would be playing. Guy will get paid almost the same to not get hit and not get blamed for losses. None of those guys are going to be anything. Maybe Kap to compete for a backup job on some scrub team

Romo, Kaepernick and Cutler ...

Can you imagine if these three guys were available to the Raiders when Carr went down?

It's gonna happen to at least one contender. It always does.

Which of these three QBs will end up starting a playoff game this season?

the booth life is so good, I think they are retired now....

I like this thread a lot. If I had to guess id say romo. Think hes the best of the 3 and has the biggest upside in a short term scenario.

Yeah. How different would the Raiders playoff run have finished if they could've gotten Romo in there after Carr got injured?

can you stop pushing you kaepernick agenda?

there are many other FA qb's available. trying to start a fire because it suits your own personal agenda is fraudulent self aggrandizing poppycock.

if you were to take away your cognitive bias you would have added Robert Griffin III, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and a few others.

I like this thread a lot. If I had to guess id say romo. Think hes the best of the 3 and has the biggest upside in a short term scenario.

zach mettenberg, blaine gabbert (who started over Kaep), Christian Ponder, others are available.

romo would be the first called from the booth, cutler next (obviously) but that is only if aikman or gannon didn't answer the calls.

fitzpatrick would cost too much for a team to really be comfortable and he has nothing to prove so no need to lower his price. griffin wants to play and would do so at the drop of a few million.

gabbert is not that good but better than most others on the list. he would get a call as a camp body, i'd expect.

christian ponder and ryan nassib are in the same boat.

it really puts all of our views in to perspective when EJ Manuel has a job today and Griffin, Kaepernick, Gabbert and Ponder do not when at one point we were all admiring how great they would be - they're all the same age, too.

can you stop pushing you kaepernick agenda?

there are many other FA qb's available. trying to start a fire because it suits your own personal agenda is fraudulent self aggrandizing poppycock.

if you were to take away your cognitive bias you would have added Robert Griffin III, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and a few others.

zach mettenberg, blaine gabbert (who started over Kaep), Christian Ponder, others are available.

romo would be the first called from the booth, cutler next (obviously) but that is only if aikman or gannon didn't answer the calls.

fitzpatrick would cost too much for a team to really be comfortable and he has nothing to prove so no need to lower his price. griffin wants to play and would do so at the drop of a few million.

gabbert is not that good but better than most others on the list. he would get a call as a camp body, i'd expect.

christian ponder and ryan nassib are in the same boat.

it really puts all of our views in to perspective when EJ Manuel has a job today and Griffin, Kaepernick, Gabbert and Ponder do not when at one point we were all admiring how great they would be - they're all the same age, too.

Actually, EJ is employed and the others are not because he was willing to sign for chump change (800K) with no guarantee....the others are all asking multimillion dollar contracts, especially Kap.

Actually, EJ is employed and the others are not because he was willing to sign for chump change (800K) with no guarantee....the others are all asking multimillion dollar contracts, especially Kap.

and that says something. ej manuel wants a job. is ready to prove it. and because of that he is on a roster today.

Someone will call Romo at some point this year. The other two I highly doubt.

I think, depending on the team, Romo could get the first call. Would have to be a team with a great O line, as he's always one big hit away from being done. So I think his options are very limited.

I think Kaep, being healthy and currently training, being versatile and having "been there, done that," would be someone who could easily step into multiple situations. I think he's the most likely to end up on a roster.

Cutler - I think the main concern is how ready (conditioning) he'd be at the drop of a hat. I think he's a better QB than many give him credit for and if he was to step onto a playoff caliber team with decent protection and decent weapons, he could do well.

Kapernick and Cutler are terrible. Maybe Kap to compete for a backup job on some scrub team

Really? Kaepernick threw for 16 TDs and only four ints in 12 games last year. He also rushed for almost 500 yards. In what universe does that equal "terrible"? It's pretty clear he has not been signed because of the political controversy, not because he can't play.

Kap had 16 tds to 4 picks last year but still not a lot of pass yards but he can still run. He was coming off some surgeries so I think if he shows his body is back to speed he will get some calls first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kap had 16 tds to 4 picks last year but still not a lot of pass yards but he can still run. He was coming off some surgeries so I think if he shows his body is back to speed he will get some calls first Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

proof that relying on stats is totally useless for the reality of leading a team down the field.

[quote name="Boyst62" post="4368661" timestamp="149408015

Wow. That's astounding when you really think about it. Thanks for the insight.

Edited by yungmack

proof that relying on stats is totally useless for the reality of leading a team down the field.

Actually, it proves that people let their prejudices and preconceived notions cloud their judgments about players. Or do you think your "eye test" tells the real story?