The Crying Game: Consolidated thread for the downers

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Investing in negative outcomes takes no courage. At all. That's why so many people do it. Always guaranteed of being let down easy with the added bonus of being able to say, "I told you so," when the negative outcome comes to fruition.

Best post of this thread.

Edited by Teeflebees

Please don't do that to the English language.

What?

You didnt know elitist was an real word?

elitist

[ih-lee-tist ey-lee‐]

adjective

(of a person or class of persons) considered superior by others or by themselves, as in intellect, talent, power, wealth, or position in society:

Overdorf. Brandon.

Meh. Not a fan of either, but I think those guys were empowered by Whaley's incompetence. In Brandon's case, Whaley probably saw him as a mentor of sorts & sought his input, as ridiculous as that sounds. It looks like we're going to hire a competent GM this time, which should limit the harm those guys can do on the football side.

What?

You didnt know elitist was an real word?

elitist

[ih-lee-tist ey-lee‐]

adjective

(of a person or class of persons) considered superior by others or by themselves, as in intellect, talent, power, wealth, or position in society:

Congrats on getting the word right. Don't be too proud, most english teachers would still ding you on a couple of other points in the original post (in such a short sentance!), and another above. Time to move on.

Meh. Not a fan of either, but I think those guys were empowered by Whaley's incompetence. In Brandon's case, Whaley probably saw him as a mentor of sorts & sought his input, as ridiculous as that sounds. It looks like we're going to hire a competent GM this time, which should limit the harm those guys can do on the football side.

Overdorf may be gone with a new GM.

Congrats on getting the word right. Don't be too proud, most english teachers would still ding you on a couple of other points in the original post (in such a short sentance!), and another above. Time to move on.

Ueah I mean absolutely that sentence was too difficult for a grown person to grasp its intent. Forgive me of my terrible sin of using a small IPhone with rather large hands oh english teacher....

First let me say NewEra...my post is not directed at you. I am responding to your post here as you are a great example of the right mindset and think highly of your posts. While I differ a bit on my overall opinion what MAY be possible with Taylor, I don't have any issue in how you feel or how you present those thoughts, or even why you think them.

Here is the thing on Taylor...his play has warranted the divided stance on how good or bad he is or can be. However, the MAJOR difference is the people who have some optimism around Taylor...or just don't think he's anywhere close to our biggest issue...look at the things around him, what he went through, limited number of starts, who he was missing, the coaching staff, etc and think he did pretty good considering all that, so maybe he can come out and take another step forward after being selected by his peers 2 years in a row to a Pro Bowl and leading a high scoring offense. On the other side, the people who don't believe in Taylor have already decided and piss and moan about how bad his 2017 season will be before he's taken one snap and have marked it impossible to produce anything positive.

I don't have any issue what so ever with people doubting him or not believing he gives us much of a shot. He has holes in his game and still has more to prove on the field, and I too need to see that growth THIS year. What I have an issue with is the people who literally spend all day in every thread, starting new threads, etc pissing and moaning with grossly exaggerated negativity about his performance (often made up info), and about failures in an upcoming season that has NOT happened yet like they can see the future. The time to plead and whine about who will be the QB next year is long gone...the people who wanted a change lost that argument, its Taylor and his new team friendly contract. But rather than realize and accept he is our QB and root, support, or find ways to hope we improve next year they would rather keep b*tching about him BEFORE they really know what is going to happen with a new staff, system, and weapons. And sorry, NONE of you...not me, not anyone, KNOWS what is going to happen and if you say you do then you are f-ing idiot. EVERYONE, on this board (and I am no exception...Spiller) has been GROSSLY wrong before, and some many times over...its one thing to debate what HAS happened, its another to slam down someones throat what has NOT happened yet.

So, some people around here need to shut the F up and start becoming of a fan of the team in front of them between now and the start of the season. They start screwing up again come camp, preseason, and reg season then by all means, pile on and slam those coaches, players, GM or who ever you want. But MOST of us are sick and tired of your constant whining about players who are NOT on the Bills right now or about players who are on the Bills. WE ALL WANT TO WIN, so its time to CHEER for this team. And I don't want to hear about 17 years...shove that where the sun don't shine because it has ZERO relevance to the current roster, staff or FO. All that matters is what they do tomorrow...not what past generations failed to achieve.

We did well for ourselves in the draft getting what looks like 3 potential quality starters and still managed to arm ourselves with an extra first next year to pursue a QB if one doesn't emerge THIS year from this roster. And that new QB will likely be a better prospect than this years group, but most importantly hopefully he is joining a better roster with less holes to fill after what looks like a good draft this year. And BONUS: Its like we had an extra first and an extra second this year too as we finally get our top 2 picks last year back, healthy and ready to make an impact. So really we have FIVE really good prospects and positions of need coming in right now. Not to mention, Peterman has some intrigue in himself as a player as well as a couple of other later picks. So there are reasons to be optimistic (even if you doubt it) about the direction of this team.

GO BILLS - F the Chiefs

PS: If you claim to be a Bills fan but have a player as your avatar from another team, mods should lock you out until its changed IMO...otherwise go to that teams board instead.

Amen brother. First off, thanks. I'm glad a respected poster like yourself can give me the thumbs up. theres been more than few times in the past I was going to reply to a post but after scrolling through the thread, you had already posted exactly what I was going to say, so i don't reply.

Tyrod is such a slippery slope. He has the talent to become a really good QB. He's been at a disadvantage with our WRs constantly being banged up and lack of depth behind the starters. Will be nice to see what he can do in a different system as well. He got a chance to become one of the better QBs in the league. I'd go far as to say top 12 or so. Hopefully he can get better at keeping his eyes downfield as he's moving out of the pocket. I think that's his biggest problem. I've never been an NFL QB and I can't imagine what it's like trying to escape from these behemoths getting after him, but he needs to improve in that respect. I break down a the all 22s and I see that as his biggest issue. It seems as if the WRs make their breaks and are open while he's scrambling and he just doesn't see them. Hopefully he can improve and allow us to stockpile talent in next years draft as opposed to using all of our assets to land that QB.....but I'd give him about a 25% chance to make that next step up in the QB ranks. I pray that I'm wrong as he's a great guy and a good enough leader. Let's hope he and Dennison are a match made in heaven.

Long day at work. I'm ready to get drunk and forget the downers on this board exist and don't have the energy to reply to the nonsense?

I have never understood the need for some persons to come on a message board and spew negativity. Especially when they pretend their negativity is factual.

Do you mean like people that spew negativity about other posters who allegedly spew negativity?

How can people make negative posts about other fans, let alone start entire threads slamming them, and then claim to not be negative?

It's very strange.