What wrs likely to make the team?

Where's Walter Powell? I thought that he was still on the team.

he is...just not sure he makes the 53

list of WR's on Bills: (no UDFA yet)

Sammy Watkins

Jay Zones

Andre Holmes

Walter Powell

Philly Brown

Dez Lewis

Brandon Tate

Kolby Listenbee

Jeremy Butler

Corey Washington

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to say that mgmt did a great job with the Zay Jones pick. The perception of our WR corps went from "Sammy + nobody" to a nicely rounded pool of talent.

I hope so. This looks to me like last year...Sammy + a bunch of other teams castoffs + a couple of draft picks who have never played an NFL down(and you know how difficult the transition is from college to pros for WR's).

Here's hoping there is a diamond in the rough somewhere in that depth chart.

I hope so. This looks to me like last year...Sammy + a bunch of other teams castoffs + a couple of draft picks who have never played an NFL down(and you know how difficult the transition is from college to pros for WR's).

Here's hoping there is a diamond in the rough somewhere in that depth chart.

I agree. The reciever corps depends on two things this season. The health of Sammy and the emergence of Jones. If Sammy is injured or Jones fails to adjust to the pro game the reciever corps will suddenly look subpar. The worst case scenario is a Sammy injury and Jones failing to develop. If that happened it'd be an ugly season. The troublesome thing is that we don't have a single proven entity at that position.

Other than John Ross , Listerbee is probably fastest player in NFL. I'd think we would find a way to utilize that considering we utilized Goodwin last year.

Listenbee might be faster than Ross if 100% healthy, that's the crazy thing

Other than John Ross , Listerbee is probably fastest player in NFL. I'd think we would find a way to utilize that considering we utilized Goodwin last year.

Yes, but we have to find out if he can play reciever at the NFL level first. Learning to play reciever in the NFL is a must regardless of how much speed a guy has. Countless receivers with tons of speed have flamed out of the league. Route running and attention to detail is so important in the pros. Guys can't rely solely on speed like they can in college. I'm not claiming that speed isn't a good skill to have. I'm just saying there is a lot more to playing reciever in the pros. Maybe we will be able to find a use for him, but in reality I think that is dependent upon his development as a reciever.

14 Sammy

11 Zay

10 Philly

81 Andre

15 Brandon

3 way toss up for the last spot

Kolby/Butler/Lewis

50/50 chance that Sammy doesn't make it through training camp, and with no 5th year option, he's effectively gone.

I will go with:

#1 Sammy

#2 Holmes

#3 Zay

#4 Brown

#5 Powell

If we keep 6 it will be a battle between Kolby and Tate.

I hate to see Tate leave because he played ok last year returning punts, but with White & Zay ST skills he may be the odd man out.

10 philly brown

11 zay jones

13 dez lewis

14 sammy

15 brandon tate

17 jeremy butler

18 kolby listenbee

19 walter powell

80 cory washington

81 andre holmes

Will: 14 Sammy 11 Zay Jones 81 Andre Holmes provided he's clean 10 Philly Brown

Honest shot if they show anything, Will if they play ST: Kolby Listenbee, Jeremy Butler

They better light it up like a pinball machine on the field, impress the coach in meetings, and play special teams: Cory Washington, Brandon Tate, Walter Powell

Surprised if he makes it through TC unless he has an "attitude adjustment": Dez Lewis

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan