Sharp Football: Schedule Analysis from Vegas, Bills win 6

Bucs are going to be really good...Brate, Evans, Howard, Martin, Winston - good luck

They got Jeremy McNichols too. That's who I wanted the Bills to get.

I'm sure Poyer and our out of position LB's can handle it.

Edited by jeffismagic

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Works for me, put us in a position to get one of the elite QBs coming out.

it won't. Browns going 2-14, 49ers going 3-13. they are both taking QB's. maybe we can trade up to get 3rd best before Jets but we certainly won't have our pick

WGR just reported Sharp Football has a great chart predicting all 32 NFL teams based on schedule analysis data. Bills predicted to win games in 2017. Here is the chart.

Patriots 11

Dolphins 7.5

Bills 6

Jets 5.5

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/858829833442402306/photo/1

I will take the over on the Bills and NE all day with those lines.

Sad but true. I only see 4 wins but that creates the path to a top QB pick next season to start a new dynasty with a real QB talent finally.

how did the bills get 3 games worse than last season? don't get me wrong...i'd pick 7-8 wins, but every year we have people predict 4/5 win seasons, and how many times has that happened in the last decade. once maybe? it's just as bad as predicting a 11/12 win season this year. both would be shocking.

this team isn't good, but it isn't terrible. i'm not saying that as a positive either. it's just how it's been.

Unfortunately, this team is better than a 6 win team IMO. This team is good enough to get to the playoffs. Our defense has to improve over last year. It has to. And a functional defense last year would have got us to the playoffs. Yeah, the schedule is tough, but teams get injuries, under perform, etc.. I like our additions more than our subtractions (except I think Zach Brown will be missed). This team has to be better than last year. I see 9-7 or 10-6 out of this team and a possible playoff birth. 7-9 at worst.

So, why unfortunate? Simple, I don't think Taylor can win us a SB and I want to blue chip QB prospect to develop who can. Playoffs are not my goal, rings are and TT won't get you rings unless you have an Raven's, Buc's, Bears type dominate defense which we do not.

Edited by Mark80

They got Jeremy McNichols too. That's who I wanted the Bills to get.

I'm sure Poyer and our out of position LB's can handle it.

The saints will also put 50 on us and we won't be able to throw to keep up. I also think the Broncos will shut us out...

In all honesty I think this team is a 4-7 win team depending on breaks and a ton of luck. The closer we are to bottoming out the better IMO

it won't. Browns going 2-14, 49ers going 3-13. they are both taking QB's. maybe we can trade up to get 3rd best before Jets but we certainly won't have our pick

Stop it kdiggz; no one buys haven't you read this board at all? It will be easy to trade up for a QB...

Now excuse me while I get on my unicorn and fly away to the land of bubblegum and fairies...

Unfortunately, this team is better than a 6 win team IMO. This team is good enough to get to the playoffs. Our defense has to improve over last year. It has to. And a functional defense last year would have got us to the playoffs. Yeah, the schedule is tough, but teams get injuries, under perform, etc.. I like our additions more than our subtractions (except I think Zach Brown will be missed). This team has to be better than last year. I see 9-7 or 10-6 out of this team and a possible playoff birth. 7-9 at worst.

So, why unfortunate? Simple, I don't think Taylor can win us a SB and I want to blue chip QB prospect to develop who can. Playoffs are not my goal, rings are and TT won't get you rings unless you have an Raven's, Buc's, Bears type dominate defense which we do not.

New coaching staff with a rookie head coach means they don't " have to" be anything.

I would love to be that team that know one expects to come out of nowhere and make a playoff run but wanting and doing are two different things.

Edited by Buffalo Boy

New coaching staff with a rookie head coach means they don't " have to" be anything.

I would love to be that team that know one expects to come out of nowhere and make a playoff run but wanting and doing are two different things.

But seriously though, you don't think it has to be better than the complete cluster F on D we were last season, the clock mismanagement, the bad challenges, horrendous game plans (see Dolphins shredding us with their running game twice!!!), complete lack of discipline. Plus, you are looking at Dareus, Sammy, Lawson, and Ragland coming in healthy (hopefully), and what we added. I don't know. I just can't see us being worse.

Edited by Mark80

But seriously though, you don't think it has to be better than the complete cluster F on D we were last season, the clock mismanagement, the bad challenges, horrendous game plans (see Dolphins shredding us with their running game twice!!!), complete lack of discipline. Plus, you are looking at Dareus, Sammy, Lawson, and Ragland coming in healthy (hopefully), and what we added. I don't know. I just can't see us being worse.

I want to Billieve but 17 times bitten, twice shy😉

WGR just reported Sharp Football has a great chart predicting all 32 NFL teams based on schedule analysis data. Bills predicted to win games in 2017. Here is the chart.

Patriots 11

Dolphins 7.5

Bills 6

Jets 5.5

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/858829833442402306/photo/1

To exceed 5-7 wins, IMO, it would take most of the following;

1. remarkable health........very thin at many positions

2. a big jump in performance from Tyrod

3. not only otherwise expected production from established vets and prized young players like Shaq and Ragnuts.......but big production from the unexpected.....guys like Shareece Wright or Ramon Humber or Logan Thomas, for instance.

4. excellent timing

Team could go either way but more than fair to project poorly because that's A LOT of 'ifs".

this prediction fits right in with the little doom and gloomers around here.

icon_gloomy.gif

they win more than 6 and less than 11

could be 7, 8, 9 or 10. they have no idea anymore than I, just a guessing game.

I look for 10 and a wildcard but I don't have a dark cloud looming over me either.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

The 9ers are going hard after Cousins. The only way they're in the market for a rookie QB is if they miss out on him next off season.

There are going to be 3 guys that have a real chance to be franchise/playoff winning QBs coming out imo (Darnold, Rosen, and Allen - I'm less high on Rudolph or Falk but a good season from them could make me up that number). Whoever picks first (Jets) will take Darnold barring a disastrous season from him - that will leave the Bills the chance to get a really quality young QB with huge upside even if another team or two gets ahead of them.

Of course, projecting this so far out is a bit ridiculous on my part, I'm just opining.

how did the bills get 3 games worse than last season? don't get me wrong...i'd pick 7-8 wins, but every year we have people predict 4/5 win seasons, and how many times has that happened in the last decade. once maybe? it's just as bad as predicting a 11/12 win season this year. both would be shocking.

this team isn't good, but it isn't terrible. i'm not saying that as a positive either. it's just how it's been.

Because we let our division foe take our 3rd best rusher on the team. He will put up similar numbers to when he was here but he is clearly so much better.

I could see the pats winning 12. They are a team on the rise. New corner & running back. And a competitive QB.... Don't know if their coach is worth a chit though. He seems grumpy.

The Bills should do better than 5 wins. Good enough to screw them in a supposed QB rich draft. Go Tyrod.

I think I'd prefer Josh Allen over Darnold anyways. But I'd be happy with any of the three.

I don't think so...think we need to be at or below 3 wins to get Top Pick...and I am not even sure that gets it done cause I think the Jets have a real shot at 0-16 this year.

So one of the top QBs, yes, not THE TOP QB...cause the Jets ain't trading that pick if Darnold comes out.

The 9ers are going hard after Cousins. The only way they're in the market for a rookie QB is if they miss out on him next off season.

There are going to be 3 guys that have a real chance to be franchise/playoff winning QBs coming out imo (Darnold, Rosen, and Allen - I'm less high on Rudolph or Falk but a good season from them could make me up that number). Whoever picks first (Jets) will take Darnold barring a disastrous season from him - that will leave the Bills the chance to get a really quality young QB with huge upside even if another team or two gets ahead of them.

Of course, projecting this so far out is a bit ridiculous on my part, I'm just opining.

Possibly but I see Darnold as the only sure thing (as sure as you can be about a guy coming out at least). I wanted him. I thought we should have tanked and also traded with Houston instead of KC. Having Houston's possibly top 10-15 pick instead of KC's 20-30 pick would have helped us move up a lot more. But we signed Tyrod and added enough pieces to get 6-8 wins which should have us picking around 10-12 as always. We could trade the 10 and 20 pick in the draft and still probably only get as high as 3-4. I don't know if they would be crazy enough to trade 3 firsts to try and get to 1-2 but you never know. I wouldn't, those types of trades never work

Because we let our division foe take our 3rd best rusher on the team. He will put up similar numbers to when he was here but he is clearly so much better.

i don't get it. i don't think the bills are playoff bound, but i don't think they've taken a step back from last year. the wild card of course is the coaching.