GM Doug Whaley has been fired

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly I don't feel anything. This is all just off-season fluff. When the games start, that's when I believe we will know. And I don't anticipate it'll all happen this year but if by the end of next year the team hasn't improved significantly McDermott will meet the same fate as Doug.

He isn't getting canned after a year, they expect a rough start and will turn that into a franchise QB next draft. You can tell Pegs really likes McD and the way he runs things, McD will be here for the long haul.

She never speaks at the pressers unless it's positive news. If she's involved in decisions she should be willing to take questions.

..promote her to GM.....Terry said in inner circles, "it's HER baby".......hmmm................

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Honestly I don't feel anything. This is all just off-season fluff. When the games start, that's when I believe we will know. And I don't anticipate it'll all happen this year but if by the end of next year the team hasn't improved significantly McDermott will meet the same fate as Doug.

It all doesn't mean much until the games start happening but so far I like what I see and hear. I do think Pegulas will be more patient with McD than they were with Ryan.

He isn't getting canned after a year, they expect a rough start and will turn that into a franchise QB next draft. You can tell Pegs really likes McD and the way he runs things, McD will be here for the long haul.

I meant after 2 years... after next season, if the Bills haven't improved, you can bet the vultures will begin to circle again.

It all doesn't mean much until the games start happening but so far I like what I see and hear. I do think Pegulas will be more patient with McD than they were with Ryan.

They might be but a turnaround in the NFL isn't a 5 year process anymore. People/fans expect results. This team isn't lacking in talent. I think he will get 3 years but if after 2 years there isn't a lot improvement, fans will get sick of his approach.

So all of you that wanted Whaley fired and criticized the draft picks and trades......are now ok with it since it was McDermott in charge?

No. I want an empowered team president. Terry buys a motorcycle to channel his mid life crisis and leaves football to football people.

Pegulas to lead search for new general manager

pegulas-4-30-story.jpg

With a vacant general manager position the search for a new one will begin in earnest for the Bills with owners Terry and Kim Pegula leading the candidate search.

In the interim while searching for a new Bills general manager the Pegulas will handle personnel decisions presumably with the assistance of Senior VP of Football Administration Jim Overdorf and Director of Football Operations Kevin Meganck.

T Pegs needs to stop doing pressers. He makes everything seem worse. They need a PR guru. They put the statement out, that should have been the end of it.

"We like DW. He put the board together. They did a great job." So why did you fire him? "I'll keep that between Kim and I. It's in the past." Then why call a press conference?

Either own up to why you did it, or don't waste everyone's time and make the organization look worse. They need a 24/7 PR person to keep them from stepping in piles of their own bull ****.

Full disclosure: the oresser sucked, but I agree with the DW firing and the college scouts. I thought the pro department rocked and deserved to stay on. I think Overdorf needs to go. Our cap situation is in rough shape for this roster.

Time for all the wanna be GM's on this site to send in their resumes.

In lieu of actual experience, I'd recommend submitting your posting histories here along with your resumes.

Yeah Joe because the career football guys have been so much better with a 7, 7, 7, 6, 4, 6, 6, 6, 9, 8, 7 wins since 2006.