Tyrod will not be handed starting Job

MAJBobby

I'm actually quite content with letting these posters live in their fantasy world where Tyrod Taylor is actually a good QB.

Reality shows you otherwise, and the facts are that he has major flaws that are highly unlikely to be fixed at this stage oof his career, so what's much more likely is he hovers around the 2015/2016 average and never progresses any further. You can make excuses and claim he needs these coaches and these players, but when you just don't possess the required skill set of a true passer, you will always be limited. And the injury excuse also holds no water. Do you believe all his weapons will stay healthy? It's almost a foregone conclusion that skill players will miss time with injuries...get used to it. Either you get it done or you don't, and Tyrod never has.

So, please....go right ahead and conjure up images and thoughts of Tyrod Taylor becoming something more than he's shown to be. Wishes are fun to make, but likely never fulfilled.

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zay Jones is far better than a number four. He is a solid number two. he's better than Woods.

First, I was kidding. Try and lighten up ;)

Second, how do you know he's better than Woods? He hasn't even put pads on yet..

The quote below from another thread discussing the drafted players seemed much more rational than the poor attempt at humor above.

I'm disapppointed in you

First, I was kidding. Try and lighten up ;)

Second, how do you know he's better than Woods? He hasn't even put pads on yet..

I'm disapppointed in you

Im sorry Bang there are ao many around here that pass of stupidity as truth I thought you may have succumbed to that. My apologies.

Whatever you say, Boss :flirt:

Okay then. I guess it's just inarguable as you guys profess.

McDermott lied.

He must have brought up Taylor's name without being prompted to even mention a QBs name on the roster as part of a grand master plan having to do with finding a way to find a Franchise QB not named Tyord Taylor.

God it. Thanks for clearing that up :thumbsup:

Simple question for you man. Not trying to start an argument or anything...

Why do you think McDermott decided not to pick up Tyrod's 5 year contract (that would have been very reasonable cap hit for a guy viewed as a franchise QB), and instead gave him a 2 year deal that allows the Bills to move on after this season with only $8M dead cap?

If he were truly convinced that Tyrod is the future QB, why did he kind of bet against him by shortening the contract?

If Tyrod proved to be the franchise QB, it will most likely cost a lot more to keep him now.

No problem Fig. Understood.

I'd have to look and see what Cam's passing #'s are and how he presents himself in those situations.

I'd agree Cam is good. Great? Not sure about that.

Q? which one had the better test score?

I'm not knocking Taylor to insult him. I'm mentioning the things I'd love to see him improve on.

This is season 3 in Buffalo. In my book this is the season he has to remove all doubts.

I agree with you Shady,

The Andre Holmes joke went over your head.

No man I just read and argued for about 20 minutes with a "well respected veteran poster" that Darby size isnt what Mcdermott looks for in a cb, meanwhile Mcdermott just drafted a physical mirror in tre white. So i was making sure that Bang hadnt let some kind of weird wrongness running rampant here rub off on him...

Zay Jones is far better than a number four. He is a solid number two. he's better than Woods.

Opinion masquerading as fact, signifying nothing.

And to think...all you'd have had to do was put the words 'I think' in there somewhere and suddenly it's a useful comment. But that would require a modicum of restraint and awareness, wouldn't it?

I agree with you Shady,

I bet the Coaches feel similarly Fig

And to think...all you'd have had to do was put the words 'I think' in there somewhere and suddenly it's a useful comment. But that would require a modicum of restraint and awareness, wouldn't it?

and all you had to do was suggest he put those two word in, but you added a dash of insult. and then a dash of superiority.

See how that works?

Criticisms should be delicate matters.

or just tell the poster to bugger him/her/self and be done with it :flirt:

Well, Jones better bring it because Woods is a damn good #2 and not worthy of all the unjust criticism he receives here.

I've seen nothing but praise for this pick. He's penciled in as the number two starter for a reason. Woods is a nice WR, but overrated by some, esp. those who dislike TT.

Well, Jones better bring it because Woods is a damn good #2 and not worthy of all the unjust criticism he receives here.

Woods is more of a good slot, number three WR on a roster with a true number one and two.

I've seen nothing but praise for this pick. He's penciled in as the number two starter for a reason. Woods is a nice WR, but overrated by some, esp. those who dislike TT.

Woods is more of a good slot, number three WR on a roster with a true number one and two.

Yeah, and Watkins is a #2 in Atlanta, Cincinnati, Pitt, NYG and a few other places.

I disagree, Woods is better than a #3 on almost all teams.

Yeah, and Watkins is a #2 in Atlanta, Cincinnati, Pitt, NYG and a few other places.

I disagree, Woods is better than a #3 on almost all teams.

Bad comparison. Those teams have a 1A and Watkins is a 1B, maybe. I think if he stayed healthy he is better than Beckham.

I'm actually quite content with letting these posters live in their fantasy world where Tyrod Taylor is actually a good QB.

Reality shows you otherwise, and the facts are that he has major flaws that are highly unlikely to be fixed at this stage oof his career, so what's much more likely is he hovers around the 2015/2016 average and never progresses any further. You can make excuses and claim he needs these coaches and these players, but when you just don't possess the required skill set of a true passer, you will always be limited. And the injury excuse also holds no water. Do you believe all his weapons will stay healthy? It's almost a foregone conclusion that skill players will miss time with injuries...get used to it. Either you get it done or you don't, and Tyrod never has.

So, please....go right ahead and conjure up images and thoughts of Tyrod Taylor becoming something more than he's shown to be. Wishes are fun to make, but likely never fulfilled.

If you're content with posters living in this supposed "fantasy world" why do you follow that statement immediately clearly trying to convince them they're wrong? :oops:

And the agenda continues.

Per WGR app

I agree with Sal. These guys have worked together before and are on the same page....which is why Beane was hired.

Rex and Rob were on the same page too.

I hope these new guys are good. But until the wins start rolling in, I'm watching suspiciously.

Simple question for you man. Not trying to start an argument or anything...

Why do you think McDermott decided not to pick up Tyrod's 5 year contract (that would have been very reasonable cap hit for a guy viewed as a franchise QB), and instead gave him a 2 year deal that allows the Bills to move on after this season with only $8M dead cap?

If he were truly convinced that Tyrod is the future QB, why did he kind of bet against him by shortening the contract?

If Tyrod proved to be the franchise QB, it will most likely cost a lot more to keep him now.

Thanks. I don't like arguing, but I'll admit a fault I have is that I either rise or fall to the level of discussion. I greet antagonism with antagonism.

It's a fault. One I believe I share with many on this message board.

Okay, if you really want me to answer those questions simply I need to start out with this:

I don't know anything at all about what people's motives were. What I don't like is that some people think they do know lyll​and present what is opinion as fact.

As to your questions:

#1 - We don't know what would have happened if the deadline approached and the Bills had to make a decision. I realize some are going to chime in that Taylor would have been cut, but as much as some people in previous posts were talking about how "logic dictates that..." there are different forms of logic. There's a lot I could type here, but Shaw has actually explained some of this in the past. What I'll say is that Taylor sorta dug his own grave in terms of negotiations with Buffalo when he said he'd be open to restructuring his contract on clean out day. Whether Taylor made a mistake or legitimately was open to restructuring for the reasons he claimed eventually that he restructured in order to help the team free up some money to strengthen itself at some positions, I don't know for sure. I can't read minds. It's funny to me because sometimes people say actions speak louder than words and other times people quote what people say as though it's biblical.

To me, it's pretty logical from a business perspective that the moment Taylor said that, Buffalo had an obligation to do anything it could to make it happen. And stories and experts came out with all of these stories that never made reference to any single source... probably because the team was trying to leverage Taylor to take a pay cut if he was unwilling (and again, I don't know what his position was). And then McDermott came in and he brought Dennison in. The Dennison hire, to me, was a clear sign that he wanted to roll with Taylor, especially considering McDermott's up close and personal experiences with Cam Newton's successes in Carolina.

Whaley was still with the team and maybe Taylor still felt like he had power and sway to get rid of him but wanted to stay in Buffalo. I actually think Taylor wanted to stay in Buffalo and gave them a hometown discount where he could have gone to Cleveland or the Jets or maybe the 49ers for more money but less stable teams in what would be a brand new environment. Not everyone likes change.

I can already anticipate these responses that have to do with "what people do" and "what people think" in certain situations and, to me, that's just irritating to talk about people's tendencies as fact because not everyone thinks the same or reacts the same in different situations. Including pro athletes.

That's just a bit for #1. Gotta go, but be back for #2 probably later.

Jay Skurski (@JaySkurski)

4/29/17, 2:47 PM

Sean McDermott says every quarterback on the roster will compete for the starting job -- it won't be handed to Tyrod Taylor. #Bills

Lol...semantics...there is nobody on this roster that is going to seriously challenge Tyrod for the job, and they know that.

Edited by matter2003