Tyrod will not be handed starting Job

MAJBobby

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..I think he should be anointed the starter.....has clearly shown that his ability to process/scan the field has added a significant dimension to this offensive passing game....certainly can see opposing defenses being off guard as to whether Bflo runs the ball or calls upon their revered passing attack....keeping the defense off balance is the key and I think we have it.............

I personally would like to see McD make TT earn it

Its not like he is afraid of competition.....and frankly the last time we had a open competition was TT's best year with us

Make him earn it

I personally would like to see McD make TT earn it

Its not like he is afraid of competition.....and frankly the last time we had a open competition was TT's best year with us

Make him earn it

...agree 102% John....not like he is the prolific incumbent....this is NOT a well rounded offense...there is NO passing game as a dimension that can beat the opposition.....it's "run or done" or pray his wheels are the bailout period........he has yet to show he can process/scan the entire field to find open receivers, be it WR or TE.....a four year understudy and two years as a starter certainly gives you plenty of time to digest the speed and complexity of the game at the NFL level......and he's NOT there yet IMO.............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

This is old hat for any NFL vet. Coaches always preach competition among the position groups to motivate the players.

Taylor is the starter. There might be times during camp where one of the other QBs gets a few reps with the 1's but it won't be like the 2015 competition between him, EJ and Cassel.

what if Peterman beats him out in training camp?

I think that would be pretty hard to accomplish. He's not facing game planned defenses, he's not using our full playbook.... it's just not realistic for a rookie to beat out the starter based on training camp, unless the starter really craps out.

I think that would be pretty hard to accomplish. He's not facing game planned defenses, he's not using our full playbook.... it's just not realistic for a rookie to beat out the starter based on training camp, unless the starter really craps out.

he would have to kill it. literally.

Tyrod da Guy

...agree 102% John....not like he is the prolific incumbent....this is NOT a well rounded offense...there is NO passing game as a dimension that can beat the opposition.....it's "run or done" or pray his wheels are the bailout period........he has yet to show he can process/scan the entire field to find open receivers, be it WR or TE.....a four year understudy and two years as a starter certainly gives you plenty of time to digest the speed and complexity of the game at the NFL level......and he's NOT there yet IMO.............

plus I think we get a good look at what he really is this year with no excuses and a pretty good receiving core

Want really feelin it till we drafted Zay Jones.......if Sammy can do his thing with Zay on the other side throwing in Clay AND a big physical red zone target in Holmes backed up by experienced receivers in tate and the kid from Carolina.....this core is MUCH better then last year (would really like to see them add Bainridge for 2 TE sets)

but the targets are there.......I wanna see if Tyrod can biuld some chemistry and trust with them

Wah wah wah wah wah...

More of the same from you, which is just a shame. I give you the opportunity to provide me with proof that's so absolutely incredibly abundant that you shouldn't even have to do much legwork and you cop out calling me names and saying it's just so obvious everyone knows it.

Lol, and more of the same from your condescending bullying tone, paper tiger!

Provide you with proof, who are you again? It is obvious and everyone does know it, it's been said and proven here many times. I'm not playing your childish game, you find it.

You come in here guns blazing from day one telling everyone their wrong about everything and you expect respect. Naw, you do the legwork, it's there!

Lol, and more of the same from your condescending bullying tone, paper tiger!

Provide you with proof, who are you again? It is obvious and everyone does know it, it's been said and proven here many times. I'm not playing your childish game, you find it.

You come in here guns blazing from day one telling everyone their wrong about everything and you expect respect. Naw, you do the legwork, it's there!Then

Then you should have no problem providing the proof?

plus I think we get a good look at what he really is this year with no excuses and a pretty good receiving core

Want really feelin it till we drafted Zay Jones.......if Sammy can do his thing with Zay on the other side throwing in Clay AND a big physical red zone target in Holmes backed up by experienced receivers in tate and the kid from Carolina.....this core is MUCH better then last year (would really like to see them add Bainridge for 2 TE sets)

but the targets are there.......I wanna see if Tyrod can biuld some chemistry and trust with them

I think Andre Holmes was a good addition.

hard to accomplish, sure. unrealistic, probably never happened before. Russell Wilson says hello, btw.

I've said it every few pages but it really blows my mind that anyone thinks this is an open competition in the coaches minds. I'm sure they will go where the play on the field takes them and all but it's got to be about as open as dareus, McCoy, Sammy, or clay losing their jobs in camp.

It's one of those "anything is possible" scenarios-- but if a top paid guy with a lot of game filmon the team that coaches chose to bring back and likewise chose not to bring in a viable alternative to switch to loses out in camp... well, i think it would take major injury ala romo or Bledsoe. I don't think this is like Seattle throwing all kinds of possibilities against the wall and Wilson coming out ahead (even as unlikely as that was- this would be exponentially more unlikely)

There is also this thing called chemistry

My follow up question on this.....if TT is so physically unable to do some of the things people say he cannot do....then why was he doing them int he 2nd half of 2015

Last year he did not play as well....I think everyone would agree with that? What are some of you going to say if his performance picks back up.......it COULD happen

well, for one thing it might just be because his former team, the one we played in the first game of last year set the blueprint for how to stop Tyrod. make. him. be. a. quarterback. once the secret was out, he was exposed and maybe thats why he did not play as well last year... i think everyone would agree with that?

hard to accomplish, sure. unrealistic, probably never happened before. Russell Wilson says hello, btw.

Even then-- he beat out flynn who had what, 150 or so, passes in his career at that point as a backup on another team? And was injured during that camp? And Wilson was a much better prospect outside of the height concern. That situation was a long shot still but by comparison TT losing out this year is astronomical odds

Tyrod won't be handed the job but he will win it easily.

Thinking Peterman beats him out is not setting realistic expectations. We would be lucky if Nate ended up being a good back up.

Let's hope Tyrod takes the next step this season.

well, for one thing it might just be because his former team, the one we played in the first game of last year set the blueprint for how to stop Tyrod. make. him. be. a. quarterback. once the secret was out, he was exposed and maybe thats why he did not play as well last year... i think everyone would agree with that?

That was one game

Let us also not forget (along the chemistry thing I have spoken of) that Tyrod BARELY PLAYED in the pre season upon Rex instruction

Anyone remember that?

sorry but...

aint.

gonna.

happen.

based on?

Use your words.

Doesnt the ? say enough?

Sammy Watkins had a jones fracture last year.....and when he was playing he was taking himself out of games due to pain

Just because his name is in the lineup doesnt mean he was actually available to this team as a weapon last year. I would also mention that Robert Woods has played with a groin issue for the last TWO YEARS......were we getting a 100 percent player there?

We pulled Percy Harvin OFF THE COUCH....who promptly played 2 games and went on IR.....

Long story long.....we did NOT have a full compliment of receivers last year.