254 members have voted

1. 1. How did we do?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Grade and discuss the overall Draft.

Very happy with our picks this year and pumped to have a extra first rounder next year. I wasn't huge on the Peterman pick but loving it more and more. That pick might be the steal of the entire draft.

Edited by Real McCoy

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best draft I've witnessed in 20 years.

1- got a 1st rounder 2018

2- a QB that is custom built for our offense that can sit & learn

3- 3 starters in first 3 picks

4- no off field issues from anyone

5- Ragland is basically our 4th rd pick

meh. other than the OLineman, they essentially replaced with rookies the experienced NFL players they let get away in FA. big deal. treading water. can't wait for another 7-9 season 2-4 in the division. one step backwards, one forward.

BTW, does the media even acknowledge there is a franchise in WNY anymore?

C-

Passed on elite talents at #10, replaced FA departures at #27 and #37, trade ups cost a lot.

Maybe 1-2 starters but neither of them are going to great players.

Got very Billsy in Round 2.

I don't see anything different than 6 wins.

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

They likely found three starters in a single draft, a project QB that we keep asking them to take, and some small bodies to play some weird hybrid LB/SS. I think they probably could have found a WR and a RT without trading up again especially if this draft was as deep as everyone says.

I would give B or B-. They got the first round pick I projected. However after Howard kept falling the better move was to go up and get him. They could have gotten a decent DB later. Howard has the chance to be All-Pro. Jones is a nice piece. He only matter is Watkins is healthy and signed long term.

I still don't see a second starting safety on this team. I also don't see any depth at safety. They need to make a few more moves to even be competitive in the defensive backfield. If Darby regresses further and/or Hyde does not work out we may have a bottom 5 defensive backfield.

Lastly, did they miss on Foster? If he is a star, he could have been the best LB since Spikes or Biscuit.

I went with a B-. A 2018 1st is huge given the pending decision on the QB position. Big fan of the picks of White, Dawkins, Milano and Vallejo.

Thought Zay Jones was a bit of a reach (and a pointless trade-up as a consequence) and I have very few nice things to say about Peterman.

At the very least, the moves around the board showed ambition. The right type of people were sought after.

I'm officially giving it a D+... Factoring in all the good talent we passed up in rds 3&4... Poor draft, overall.

Agree.

I think the trade ups were forced. Our situational drafting strategy made no sense.

We again passed on QB when only one was off the board, traded up when only 3 WRs were gone, passsd on DLine again.

We did not get better. This is a 6 win team.

Best draft I've witnessed in 20 years.

1- got a 1st rounder 2018

2- a QB that is custom built for our offense that can sit & learn

3- 3 starters in first 3 picks

4- no off field issues from anyone

5- Ragland is basically our 4th rd pick

^^ this. Well written and I had forgotten about the Ragland aspect. A+

Edited by horned dogs

1. White - C - solid but small and slow, would have preferred a bigger corner latter, like CB Brian Allen 6'3" 215.

2. Jones - A - Hell yeah, move over Sammy

2. Dawkins - C+ - great run blocker but was guard and suspect pass protection, we already have this. Would have drafted RT Ryan Ramczyc in the first.

5. Milano - B+ - perfect fit for the system, could get run over by lineman but will make up for it in the pass.

5. Peterman - D - guy is a backup at best, Cardale must be real bad.

6. Vallejo - C - Same as Milano but has a ton of injuries.